• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Darkness Rising

Satin Knights

First Post
As Tyrien moves forward to sneak in and investigate, a quick realization comes across her mind. The glowing arrows are shedding the only light, except for those that Agno is carrying. The tapestry has blocked the light spilling out into the room, but any farther forward or along the wall behind the tapestry, light will leak out, giving her away.

The flapping of heavy wings echoes through the chamber, followed by the tumbling of wood on stone.

[sblock=Status]ooc: The pause didn't stop time based awards. I sent DC a pm about that when he asked.

All ~ BLESS 5 minutes +1 attack and save vs. fear
63/63 AC 22 Larissa ~ Bull's STR 5 min, Heroism 30 min
43/43 AC 18 Agno ~ bow in one hand ~ 9 daybreak arrows
21/21 AC 17 Keeling ~ (shoulder perch)
42/42 AC 13 Tonris ~
21/21 AC 18 Rex ~
5?/5? AC 16 Relios ~ mace in one hand
56/56 AC 23 Tyrien ~ protection f/Evil 5 min, 38 daybreak arrows
[/sblock][sblock=map]
citadel3.png
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien pulls back and whispers, "There is no light inside the chamber, but I heard flapping of wings. Maybe this is where the wyvern might be. Since we will likely be attacked if we let light shine past the tapestry, I have an idea."

"If we can lift the tapestry and let whatever is on the other side attack us, we can make it come through lifted up tapestry and right into our waiting weapons."

"Anyone have any tricks they want to use?"

[sblock=Actions]Move back to AG7

OOC: With the daylight arrows in the Efficient Quiver, would they still be shedding light?
[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +7 Perception: +14 (low-light vision)
AC: 23 (18 flat-footed, 16 Touch)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +8 CMD: 24(19ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Heroism
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining, Daybreak Arrows (38/40)

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"The fight will sound the alarm," points out Larissa. "We cannot fight all of the Dark Ones. Our goal is the grotto. We might do better to shield our light and try to slip by unnoticed." She looks to Father Relios. "What say you, Father? Could you lead us to the grotto in the dark?"

Satin Knights

First Post
"It is not a grotto, but a spire we are going to. In the center of the room is a large staircase. It goes up over a hundred feet. At the top is a platform. There, on the platform is a stone vault with eight doors pointing in the eight cardinal and subcardinal directions. Once I open the correct door, all of them will open to allow the Light of Helerion to shine out. The light hits crystals and mirrors, yada yada, the building fills with the Light of Helerion."

"We got the tapestry, some feast tables, and then it should be a straight shot to the center for the staircase. But getting there with no light? All the while the dark ones can see us perfectly? We got sixty feet to go in the open, and then even the staircase is an open spiral. Those dark ones love to back stab. No, we are better off charging with blinding light to them than stumbling in blind ourselves."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno is no strategist and he nods avidly when both Tyrien and Father Relios propose opposing tactics. Keeling swivels his head to glare at Agno as if the tengu is an idiot (but then again, it could just be the bird's normally piercing stare) and Agno blinks rapidly under the scrutiny.

"Hurrr, that is to say, Tyrien's plan seems like it would be quite effective. I can do, umm, arrow fire." He looks nervously at the priest expecting chastisement.

[sblock=OOC/Actions]--[/sblock]

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 43 Current: 43
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand: shortbow
Ammo (Arrows): 36/40 remaining
9 arrows w/daybreak
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 remaining
Channel Energy: 1/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 4/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining
Totem Transformation: 2/4 minutes remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
3rd level: cure moderate wounds, daylight, fly (D)
2nd level: chill metal, lesser restoration, share language, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien looks to her companions, "I do not think stealth is going to aid us any more from this point on. We are going to have to fight our way through at some point. At least making the initial foe come to us gives us the advantage of our choosing and superiority of numbers in the initial exchange."

"Then we can proceed to fight our way into the room and up the stairs."

"Father, is there an easy way to make the tapestry fall?"
If necessary she will get closer to take a look.

[sblock=Actions]...[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +7 Perception: +14 (low-light vision)
AC: 23 (18 flat-footed, 16 Touch)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +8 CMD: 24(19ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Heroism
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining, Daybreak Arrows (38/40)

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
"Well, I brought you here to do the fighting, so fight how you want to. Just remember, your only retreat from this cavern is back across the pit."

Thinking about it for a moment, "I never really paid any attention to it. I expect it is just hanging from a pole on a couple of supports. I guess, grab the bottom and snap it like a whip, and it would jump off the supports."

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Or perhaps you want something a bit more dramatic?" Tonris says to the others, stepping up to the front of the group, "I could set fire to this thing. It would burn hot and fast, taking the Tapestry down in a blaze of glory. That would certainly get their attention I wager. Plus it would probably temporarily blind them due to the sheer bright nature of fire. Assuming the darkness in here isn't from a deeper darkness spell, it would be effective in shedding some light as well. The only problem is it might trap us in here temporarily. Unless, Larissa, do you have a spell that could render fire less harmful to us?"

mfloyd3

Explorer
"I have no such spell," observes Larissa. "Nor do I like surrendering the initiative so readily. Pulling back the tapestry and firing arrows seems a sound plan, but the beast may simply hold its distance. If it breathes fire or some other noxious effect, it may have the advantage at range. Our goal is to convey the Father safely up the stairs to the tower. Pulling back the tapestry and firing those arrows seems a good opening move, but standing here and hoping it attacks us at close range strikes me as a gamble." She considers. "If there were some way the Father and I could slip into the room, the rest of you could make your attack and distract the beast. The two of us could start our ascent, and the rest of you rain arrows on the creature. When it notices us and moves to attack, I will defend the Father while you continue to harry it."

Remove ads