• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Darkness Rising

DalkonCledwin

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Please do not god mod my actions for me. Despite being the DM you have no right to tell me what Tonris or Rex do. Also, Rex was in hot pursuit of Agno at Tonris' explicit orders (having the Speak with Master trait Tonris can give Rex exacting detail in what he is supposed to do). As such Rex was completely safe by the time everyone had made it across and was standing on the ground next to Tonris at the exact moment that Agno asked Tonris how many fingers he was holding up. This is why Rex was able to tell Tonris exactly how many fingers Agno was holding up with no error whatsoever. While I appreciate the god modding when it is appropriate to do so (like if one of us is unable to post for an extended period) doing it while we are actively participating in the thread is slightly annoying.

For reference I have decided that the speak with master trait of Tonris and Rex is done via the empathic link that they have with each other. This is especially true seeing as how Rex does not have the proper vocal cords for verbal speech patterns of any sort.[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa is breathing heavily but not winded, her intense physical conditioning giving her the stamina to run far greater distances in her armor. She looks to her companions. "Well enough done," she tells them. "But we should press on. Those arrows in Lady Tyrien's and Master Agno's hands seem our best weapons, but Lady Firecast's power will fade too soon for our safety. How much further is it to the grotto?" She asks of Father Relios.

[sblock=SK]SK, by my count, Larissa is now out of channel uses, correct? Just wanted to confirm.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Tyrien: The stalker was at 7 HP at the end of round seven and fighting and ooze or slime. Taking 2d6+4 each round, he is dead and blows up in his death throws fireball by round nine, maybe ten. You didn't want to wait on the edge of a pit that will crumble away soon to watch the fight. :heh:

Tonris: Okay, I will keep that in mind for the future. But I and the map had you moving Rex along until -B13, then delaying him. He could see Agno put up two fingers, as Agno only had enough actions to get to the pit and dump the stalker on round 7. So, Rex could see Agno at the edge of the pit, but not you. Int 8, but not a common language with the party, he only gets the info you specifically provide him, so "knowing the danger of the disappearing floor" would not have been readily apparent to him.

As to communications, Rex is not an eidolon. The empathic link gives you fear, hunger, danger, purr, etc. The book is specific with "only general emotions can be shared." The speak with master gives you verbal communications. He chirps and growls like R2D2, and only Tonris can recognize it. Tonris has to chirp and growl back to speak to him. As to communication to the GM, you were putting actions and placements for Rex. That stopped when he got to -B13, so that is where I thought he was. So I god mode'd him so as to not kill off your familiar by a misinterpretation between us.

Larissa: Larissa has used four channels and Agno has used three. So you each have one left.

Agno leveled. He got there on time XP during the beginning of the fight.[/sblock] "Whew. The elder ones were serious when they installed that trap. It was a lot easier to cross going out. I would like to investigate more, but Yes Lady, we should conserve our time and get moving. It is only a couple hundred feet to the keep's wall. There are no more obstacles, except for maybe more of those dark ones."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno Phoenicus, priest of Issolatha

Agno looks around. Light gleams off his round avian eyes and he twitches as the feathers on the back of his neck bristle and stand on end.

"Hurrr! I have just felt the breath of the goddess and am filled near to bursting with her secrets! Let us continue, Master Relios. Which way?" He bends down and begins snatching up random bits of the stalker's gear to stow. Glancing over at Tonris he asks after the witch's health. "Has your eyesight returned enough to continue?"

[sblock=OOC]Woohoo! I'll get Agno leveled asap.[/sblock]

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 36 Current: 36
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand: shortbow
Ammo (Arrows): 37/40 remaining x
10 arrows w/daybreak x
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 remaining
Channel Energy: 1/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 4/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining
Totem Transformation: 2/4 minutes remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: chill metal, lesser restoration, share language, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"I can see enough to travel I think, though I fear stubbing my toes." Tonris says as he is wearing sandals instead of working boots. "But yes I can see somewhat again, though it is blurry."

[sblock=OOC]I am sorry, but I disagree about the whole Int 8 not being able to interpret the danger of the disappearing floor. Int 8 is approximately the lowest intelligence that a human-like intelligent creature can have. Thus having that level of intelligence means that he could in theory interpret the danger of the disappearing floor. That said, even if he couldn't interpret that danger, Int 8 is enough to interpret "All of Masters friends are running for the far end of the cave. Perhaps I should as well."[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien ensures the loot they gathered is quickly stowed so they can get moving once again. "Yeah, these arrows are great. Just the thing we needed last time I fought dark folk. I don't suppose you can buy these with a more permanent spell on them, do you?"

With nothing she can do about helping the funny-haired man see, she leaves that to the healers. She actually thinks it is his own fault for standing around doing nothing when they already experienced exploding dark folk just yesterday.

"Lead on Larissa. The Father can help guide Tonris to protect his feet while we stay ready to fill the dark stalkers or whatever with these nice arrows."

[sblock=Actions]Stowing Loot[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +7 Perception: +14 (low-light vision)
AC: 23 (18 flat-footed, 16 Touch)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +8 CMD: 24(19ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining, Daybreak Arrows (37/40)

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Tyrien gathers up the interesting equipment that was stripped off the dark ones. Their shortswords were each of fine quality. The taller stalker's shortsword is ominously black as coal. The supple leather boots the stalker was wearing are also extremely fine. The creepers otherwise had smelly rags for clothes. While the stalker's wasn't hideous, his coat and cloak look to be of simple cotton.

Tonris regains his focus on the world.

"Which way?" He giggles, "Not back that way. That alcove ends there. Thee ways minus two, leaves one way to go. It is this way." Relios starts leading you south. He is careful not to step too so far ahead that he is getting out of the light provided by the enchanted arrows.

After a couple hundred feet, he comes to the end of the cavern. The cavern ends in a solid wall. Without a word, he turns around and waves you back about fifty feet away. Kneeling down and whispering, "We are here. I will unlatch the secret door. The door swings open towards us. It is hidden behind a large tapestry, so moving it slowly should not alert who is on the other side. You will have to squeeze against the wall moving slowly to not disturb the tapestry while moving in. If you have preparations to do, do them now."

[sblock=ooc]DC: Rex's actions were Follow Agno, move to -B13 on rd 4, delay on rd 5, no action on rd 6, no action on 7 so I forced a move. If I wasn't being nice and moved him for you, he would have been dead at about round 10. You asked that I not GMgod your characters again. I said Okay. So, I won't "be nice" again per your request. :lol: Lesson: Post specific actions for him. Don't assume your assumptions are the same as my assumptions. Yes, he has the intelligence of a dumb human. But, he does not have the language to understand Relios' instructions. So, since you didn't have a conversation that explained the floor was an illusion with Rex, he would see the world as cavern floor, then a hole in the center. Exactly the same way a dumb human that did not know the illusion existed would.

Treasure: 3 short swords, 1 pair of boots. Detect magic not used yet as you are hurrying. After Relios' new instructions, you can take the time to identify these items. You have about 45 minutes left on the Daybreak Arrows.[/sblock][sblock=status]63/63 AC 22 Larissa ~
43/43 AC 18 Agno ~ bow in one hand ~ 9 daybreak arrows
21/21 AC 17 Keeling ~ (shoulder perch)
42/42 AC 13 Tonris ~
21/21 AC 18 Rex ~
5?/5? AC 16 Relios ~ mace and wand in hand
56/56 AC 23 Tyrien ~ 38 daybreak arrows
[/sblock][sblock=map]
citadel1.png
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

With some time allowed for decent preparations, Tyrien holds out the short sword and the boots. "Well, now that we are feeling better, I can see Tonris is no longer blinding stumbling about. Maybe someone can check for magical properties, yeah?"

Otherwise the half-elven archer is ready to proceed.

"Since we need some stealth, shall I go first. Or do we have some spell you guys want to use? Let me check for booby traps at least. The dark fold might have laid a surprise in store for us."

While she waits for the answer she cautiously moves forward, looking for traps and secret doors.

[sblock=Actions]GM roll Perception +14 on each square until beating DC28 as she moves forward until reaching AG6 and searching the door.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +7 Perception: +14 (low-light vision)
AC: 23 (18 flat-footed, 16 Touch)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +8 CMD: 24(19ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining, Daybreak Arrows (37/40)

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"It is probably wisest that you take the lead," says Larissa. "But let me lay some of the Host's protections on you, and on us all."

Sword in one hand, she touches Tyrien on the shoulder with the other. A light and warmth infuses her as Larissa utters, ""Lady Kamara, armor this warrior against the evils of the world."

The priestess raises her sword above her head, and whispers, "Lady Kamara, your blessings on our company." The warmth now spreads through all of her companions.

Finally, she bows her head before her own sword, now held in two hands. "Great Durbin, lend me your strength that I may deliver justice."

Larissa nods to the others. "Let us proceed," she says.

[sblock=ooc]
Casting: Protection from Evil on Tyrien
Bless on party
Bull's strength on self

Also note: She is still wearing the Cloak of the Elvenkind to help her stealth, such as it is.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +7 CMD: 17
Fort: +8 Reflex: +1 Will: +6 (currently wearing Cloak of Elvenkind, not Protection)
PER Roll: +2
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:
+1 Greatsword Attack: +9 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+4, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+1 Greatsword Attack: +7 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+10, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Pilum: Attack: +4 = [BAB(4) + DEX(0) + Misc(0) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+3, Crit: 20/x2, 20' Range incr.
Special: successful strike fouls a shield

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (4+1) Level 02 (3+1) Level 03 (1+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Bull's Strength CAST:* Daybreak Arrow
* Read Magic * Protection from Evil * Bull's Strength CAST: * D: Heroism
* Light * Detect Evil * Grace
* Guidance * Remove Fear * D: Bless Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Channeling at current level: Channel 3d6,
DC 16 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save. 5x/day, Selective (skip up to 2 targets)

[/sblock]

Remove ads