• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Distant Relations

jkason

First Post
OOC: Need to think before I act again, but a quick question: do we have all of our stuff with us? Because we could always give Dimplecotton some gp and then break things that are relatively easy to replace. We could also provide the money ourselves (Q alone has 750 gp in his pocket at the present time).

GM: PC's currently should have all of their gear on hand, now. So, yes, that includes your personal funds. Apparently the cult of Owbej hasn't yet decided to add your coin purses to their coffers, whether as incentive or oversight is up to interpretation. :)

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 4)

OOC: I just assumed the order you listed for the rolls. I figured we wouldn't have any gold on us as the cult wouldn't let us keep any. But if we have our money, I would gladly pitch in to cover the 100 gp needed. We'll steal it back later.

[sblock=Ministats]Initiative: +4
AC: 19 Touch 19 Flatfooted 14
HP: 28/28
CMB: +8 CMD: 23 Fort: +4 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+2 vs. Enchantment)
Defensive Abilities: Evasion, Deflect Arrows
Speed: 40 ft

Conditions in Effect: None
Elemental Fist: 4/4 remaining
Ki Pool: 5/5 remaining
Additional Gear: 1 CLW Potion
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=Progress]Bluff #1 (noise bluff): +2 distraction (Elenka)

Bluff #2 (mess bluff): -10 (0 gp currently damaged)
+2 Aid Another (Yoshiki)

You don't have to make rolls to destroy X gp worth of stuff. But I do need to know how much monetary damage you're planning, and where you want the circumstance bonus(es) applied.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka keeps an eye on Tarkan and his thugs through the crack in the shutters and smiles as he moves off a bit to deal with the vipers.

"Won't take Tarkan long to deal with those snakes so we need to hurry. I'd gladly give you the gold to pay off the temple but the problem is: all our gear is kept by that brute out there and the chance that they know exactly how much gold we have is fairly high. If you give them gold and we're missing that exact amount... well, it wouldn't go too well for us. If you don't have the money or valuables to use in compensation then we may just need to risk it."

She peeks out again and looks worried as Tarkan grabs a viper with his bare hands and snaps it like a whip breaking its back.

"I'm sorry, but I don't see any way around this... I'll pay you back later, I swear."

Elenka grabs a sack and begins stuffing loaves of bread into it slipping one under her robe to eat later.

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
Anna's our best social skills person so I would have her make the rolls.

Aid another rolls (provided I get to do so in addition to the summons):
Both failed: 1d20+3=6, 1d20+3=7; so it doesn't matter which is which, lol.

Move --
Standard --[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 3
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5

AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 23 Current: 23
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +5

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 4/4 remaining.
Special: Summon Monster 2 5/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +1 Perception: +0; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 15 (11 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 29 Current: 28
CMB: +7 CMD: 18 Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +3

In Hand:
Conditions: In the Other World[/sblock]

deisenhut

First Post

After we put together 100 gp between us (25 gp each?), Yoshiki turns to the shop owner, bag of flour in his hand. "We're gonna need to do some damage here to be convincing." He pulls out 25 gp more and hands it to the little man. "This should cover the damage and sorry about the mess. Hopefully this problem will be fixed before they try to collect again." Yoshiki makes a mental note of the amounts spent with the intention of expensing them with Inar later.

Yo proceeds to fling flour everywhere and then looks for other consumable type items to destroy. He doesn't want to break anything irreplaceable. He turns over tables, pulls out drawers on to the floor scattering cooking utensils and other supplies all around, and smashes eggs all over the counters and floors, cursing himself internally all the while. He also looks for a small bag from the bakery to put the coins in to give to Tarkan.

Expenditures: 50 gp
[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Quioan follows Yoshiki's lead, attempting to make the damage look convincing whilst trying not to break anything irreplaceable.

OOC: Both of these are Aid Anothers. So we're throwing in the money ourselves? I'm fine with that.

Looks like we're damaging 25 gp worth.

I'll roll for Anna, too, assuming she can't take 10. I'm also assuming the extra +1 for Charming doesn't apply.

Last edited:

deisenhut

First Post
OOC:
Qik said:
So we're throwing in the money ourselves? I'm fine with that.
It's definitely going on my expense report at the end of this job!

[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
GM: It looks like [MENTION=100541]toasterferret[/MENTION]'s last activity was Dec. 2. I know there was mention of a busier schedule, but does anyone know if I missed some kind of 'going of vacation' status update? Two weeks without anything at all is starting to worry me a bit…

Yoshiki realizes that, once he's emptied the small flour sack he's holding, it should do fine to hold the gold, and he quickly gathers everyone's share during the noisy affair that follows.

The offer to pay the gold yourselves seems to be all the more Gratis needs to throw himself whole-heartedly into the scheme. He begins caterwauling melodramatically, crying and pleading for you to stop the trashing and the beating. He even grabs a bit of purple frosting from behind the counter and smears it under one eye. He intersperses loud rejoinders against the 'horrors' to which you're subjecting him with whispered, excited commentary.

"Oh, no! That pot there is from the mother-in-law, please have at

"Oh gods, above, why have you forsaken--OW! I know Inar, and the feast hall, and I imagine I'll need a drink after all this

"Please, not my livelihood! How will I feed my family? I can get him a message, but how on E'n will you get a response from him?

Ugh! No! Not more hitting, I'll give you what you want!"

By the time you've finished, despite the mess, Gratis seems positively tickled by the charade.

"Goodness, I haven't had this much fun since my sister's boy treated us all to that Maschera performance!" he whispers excitedly, then quickly slumps to the floor, hands guarding his face and effecting a rather convincing cowering.

It's rather sublimely timed, as just then Tarkan pounds on the door.

"You better be done here, since the dinner of lizard I was after up and vanished after I went to the work of killing the bloody things," he barks out.

deisenhut

First Post

To the halfling's comment about how he'll get a message back to us, Yoshiki quietly replies over the ruckus around him, "You won't. Just tell him we may need a couple of extra days and will find him when we can."

When Tarkan throws the door open, he turns towards the large brute and carefully tosses the sack at him in a wide arc. "He was apparently hiding it with the flour" he says as the gold flies through the air. Yo then turns back towards the Halfling on the floor and surveys the damage.

[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka slings her sack of bread over her shoulder and walks out of the bakery with an easy confidence.

"I don't think we'll be having any more troubles here. Isn't that right, Dimplecotton? So, we done here?"

She turns her body towards Tarkan visibly giving him her attention and making it clear she's just awaiting his orders.

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
Move --
Standard --[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 3
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5

AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 23 Current: 23
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +5

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 4/4 remaining.
Special: Summon Monster 2 5/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +1 Perception: +0; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 15 (11 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 29 Current: 28
CMB: +7 CMD: 18 Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +3

In Hand:
Conditions: In the Other World[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads