• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Distant Relations

jkason

First Post
Yoshiki will try and look at this "gizmo".

GM: Sorry for any confusion: Thon's just referencing the healing/sleeping draught he produced earlier. I believe the only skill Yoshiki can use to examine that is Perception (identifying potion by taste). Since he just gave up one of his own healing potions, I'll go ahead and say Thon will let you if you want to, though I won't promise that a lot of close inspection of his reward for passing his test won't raise his suspicions. :devil:

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 4)

If it is just a potion, Yo will assume it to be a healing potion and won't think much of it. "Gizmo" makes him fear some kind of listening device.

"Alright, good night." Yo will wait quite a while to let the half-elf go drift off into a deep sleep. He feels a little concerned now about talking with the others openly.

[sblock=Ministats]Initiative: +4
AC: 19 Touch 19 Flatfooted 14
HP: 28/28
CMB: +8 CMD: 23 Fort: +4 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+2 vs. Enchantment)
Defensive Abilities: Evasion, Deflect Arrows
Speed: 40 ft

Conditions in Effect: None
Elemental Fist: 4/4 remaining
Ki Pool: 5/5 remaining
Expenditures: 50 gp
[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
"Owbej needs strong people to fight for The Living God, right?"

Sensing the half-elf's uneasiness, Quioan simply nods, deciding that he's said enough for one evening. Once Thon's asleep, he says, "Well, things seem to be getting more complex by the minute - extortion, violent induction rituals, brutal internal politics, moving statues..." The elf shakes his head. "That's a lot of pieces, but I'm certain as to the image that they're meant to produce."

The elf gives the closet with the hidden doorway a look. "I would be remiss if I failed to mention that we could try to sneak out this way and meet with Inar tonight. I worry, however, that we might be pushing our luck, and since Gratis will be passing along our message to him, it might not be worth the risk at this time."

OOC: Can't remember - is that closet now unlocked? Or would we need to pick it?

jkason

First Post
OOC: Can't remember - is that closet now unlocked? Or would we need to pick it?

GM: The closet is unlocked, yes. I'm going to pause and make sure GlassEye / Elenka doesn't want to do anything with her information before having Thon drink up

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka chews on her lip a bit as she looks at the auras surrounding Thon before cutting off the spell with a shake of her head and a renewed resolution to acquire some training in magical knowledge.

"You should have something to eat. Courtesy of Master Dimplecotton."

She pulls out the loaf of bread she hid away earlier and tosses it to Thon.

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
Well, that lack of K (Arcana) is a hole I'll have to plug next time she levels. The bit about identifying properties almost seems like it should be contingent on being able to identify the auras, though. If you don't mind, I'm going to play it that way and have Elenka not know what the potion is. She will not make any comments about potential poisons.

Move --
Standard --[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 3
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5

AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 23 Current: 23
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +5

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 4/4 remaining.
Special: Summon Monster 2 5/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +1 Perception: +0; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 15 (11 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 29 Current: 28
CMB: +7 CMD: 18 Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +3

In Hand:
Conditions: In the Other World[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=GlassEye]I tend to agree that it's an oddity fluff-wise that someone couldn't even identify the base school of magic but could identify specific properties. Then again, I find the Know: Arcana / Spellcraft separation odd, as well, since they overlap so often that it seems to be a bit of a skill tax for magic users (who already tend to be short on skill points).

In any case, I'm certainly not going to object to your RPing Elenka as having less available knowledge. :)[/sblock]

Thon perks up more as talk turns away from his ordeal.

"Hey, thanks!

"Dimplecotton. That's the halfling baker, right?"
he says around his first oversized bite of bread. "Mmm. He knows his stuff, especially after what we get out the kitchens, eh? Sounds like you guys had a way better test than I did, if you're getting free food out of it."

The young half-elf pops the cork on his draught.

"Well, if nobody minds, think I'm going to chug my reward here and sleep off the bruises," he says, and proceeds to do just that. He's got just enough time to finish nigh-inhaling his share of bread before he falls back on his bunk and begins snoring.

Yoshiki insists no one speak until he's well and sure of Thon's slumber, but it soon becomes obvious nothing is likely to wake the young half-elf before the dawn. You are, for now, alone in the barracks. You're not sure who might be off shift next or when, since previous to this you've tended to fall into an exhausted sleep before they arrived (and, of course, since most folk don't take their masks off until they're ready to sack out, it would be hard for most to tell who's sleeping when, anyway).

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka smiles to see Thon so pleased with the simple gift of the bread, ill-gotten though it was. She says little else until Thon is deeply asleep.

"So, what is our next step?"

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
Move --
Standard --[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 3
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5

AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 23 Current: 23
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +5

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 4/4 remaining.
Special: Summon Monster 2 5/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +1 Perception: +0; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 15 (11 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 29 Current: 28
CMB: +7 CMD: 18 Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +3

In Hand:
Conditions: In the Other World[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
GM: I'll bump things just a bit. It may just be holidays, but I suspect the way I've been slogging through the too-long portion where you guys can't do anything may have hobbled you some (i.e. I think I've unintentionally conditioned you guys to think you can't do anything yet ;) ).

Thon is good and out for the night, and you're currently alone in this section of the temple. This is on purpose (i.e., a built-in decision point). You've all already identified a couple of viable options for what you might do. If you feel stuck and need me to throw out some suggestions, I'll be happy to. There's a definite direction the adventure expects you to go in, but with all the railroading built into the middle of this adventure (for which, again, I apologize), I'd rather avoid too much leading of the group now that you're actually free to make decisions.

Qik

First Post
OOC: Yeah, sorry, holiday busy-ness definitely isn't helping me, especially since our current position seems to merit a lot of consideration before acting (which is a positive, actually, it's just that it means I have to be choosy about when I post!

I think you're right, though, jk, in that the module has had us on our heels enough that it's a bit tough to recognize when decision time comes. No worries, though; your help is appreciated!
Quioan stares at the sleeping form of Thon, trying to gauge the depth of the half-elf's slumber. After a little while, he says, "Well, Thon seems to be out, which means we have as much privacy as we could expect." He looks to the others. "Which gives us about as optimal a chance to make our meeting with Inar as we could hope for. What do you say?"

Remove ads