[LPF] Don't Let It Go!

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Charity's emerald green eyes go wide as Hans lays out the extensive, mind numbing document describing the hiring arrangement between the Island Kingdom and the group of four adventurers. Trying to work her way through it, she seems as genuinely lost by some of the language as Yosephus. "Why so many wordy ways of saying simple things?" she mutters to herself as she trudges through it. After a little time, she concludes, she straightens up and returns to her usual voice, "I had never even heard of a 'solicitor' until today. But if this document is any indication of the level of detail that goes into hiring Dunn Wright denizens, we might have to reconsider our decision on forgoing the services of such an individual."

"Hans," the young woman begins, shifting her attention to the islander, "you'll have to excuse our relative inexperience with this level of documentation and formality. I think we can 'get it', per se, but people here are not used to this kind of thing and it's going to take up some of our time."

[sblock=Int Roll]Int roll to make out documentation: 1D20+1 = [7]+1 = 8[/sblock]
[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 11 (10 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 42/42
CMB: +6 CMD: 17

Fort: +9 Reflex: +7 Will: +9
Perception: +9 Sense Motive: +8
Initiative: +1

Lay on Hands remaining: 6/6
Channel Energy remaining: 7/7
Smite remaining: 1/1

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Aishe Luminitse (Jaelle Nuri)
[section]

Aishe takes the papers as each is perused and discarded by her companions. Taking Charity's words to their prospective employer as her guide, she takes her time reading each, carefully examining each word and sentence for structure and content. As she reads, she occasionally makes little comments or sounds; some sound almost involuntary, some much less so. "Mmmm hmmm. Oh, I see what you did there . . . clever."

[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Taking 10 on Disguise Checks (for a 27).

PM, this is just the sort of thing I put those ranks in Linguistics for . . . wouldn't that be an appropriate check? If so, I'll take 20 for a 30 total.[/sblock]

Initiative: +03
AC: 17 (13 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 38/38
Senses: DarkVision (120’), Low-Light Vision Perception: +07
CMB: +06 CMD: 19
Fort: +05 Reflex: +07 Will: +01
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ In the Dunn Wright Inn ~

Hans%20Mancini_zpshu2f7gcu.jpg

Neither Charity nor Yosephus made any sense of the document, the language being too verbose to be clear. They were definitely sure it was the common tongue, but the some of the vocabulary was just too obscure.

Aishe did better, but all she could really glean was that it was full of the legal language of businesses that was meant to cover any and all stipulations and provisos for every possible outcome in fulfilling the contract. She got lost when the document started mentioning reindeer steaks.

One thing was for certain, it was contract that was to hire Four’s Company to remove the Queen Alsa from Yarendel’s throne. If her sister Einna would not step aside, then she was to be removed as well. There was a very high reward being offered (read TBG) that numerous bonuses and penalties should certain clauses be met.

Hans had finished writing in your group’s name and was blowing on the last piece of parchment as he commented, “I cannot say how enterprising individuals such are yourselves conduct your legal affairs, but in my circles this is how it is done between two parties that engage in business together. ”

[sblock=GM Note]Huh, yeah as I now read Linguistics that could be an appropriate skill to use in this case. It specifically mentions that the GM should roll in secret though for deciphering complex writings. So instead of taking 20, I went and rolled the dice in secret. Using Linguistics instead won’t help Yospehus or Charity though.[/sblock][sblock=Combat Information]
Party Status:
Code:
Charity:   42/42 HP remaining;
Yosephus:  26/26 HP remaining;
Devlin:    26/26 HP remaining;
Jaelle:    38/38 HP remaining;

Spells Cast:
Abilities Used:
   Charity:  Smite Evil 0/1, Lay on Hands 0/6, Chan Erg 0/7, Spells 1st 0/1
   Yosephus: Chan Erg 0/6,  Reb Death 0/6, Resist Tch 0/6, Incorrupt 0/1, Spells 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/3
   Devlin:   Bombs 0/7, Mutagen 0/1, Extracts 1st 0/4
   Jaelle:   None
Conditions in effect: None
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Charity shrugs. "If that is the way you do things, it is fine. I will do my best to follow expectations. It must be a matter of different local customs."

Sitting back down at her place, the young Venzan busies herself with her stew while Asche examines the document in greater detail, seemingly getting something out of it. Charity seems to be in no great hurry, still recovering from some sort of physical exertion. When a moment presents itself, Charity inquires, "So, would you recommend a professional for the reading? Surely it would not cost too much."

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 11 (10 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 42/42
CMB: +6 CMD: 17

Fort: +9 Reflex: +7 Will: +9
Perception: +9 Sense Motive: +8
Initiative: +1

Lay on Hands remaining: 6/6
Channel Energy remaining: 7/7
Smite remaining: 1/1

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Aishe pulls her face out of the lengthy document, looking somewhat more tired and less certain of herself than before. "Whew! OK, life must be really complicated where you come from, if you needed to come up with a use for all those words just to describe a simple job . . . either that, or someone somewhere along the way saw fit to make it more complicated just so they'd have something to get paid for.

"Charity, most of it looks OK to me, but there's parts I don't grok at all. Something about getting paid in reindeer steaks for one particular part, and lots of mumbo jumbo - no offense, sir - about different bonuses for doing different things different ways. I'd say if we want to go and do the basic job we'll be fine and we'll get paid. But if we want to understand the whole job, and get the most profit out of our time, we need to get someone to help us sort all of this out. 'Course, that just propagates the whole, 'somebody came up with all this lingo just so they'd have a job when poor sots like us can't understand what's written in front of our noses' theory."

She turns back to their prospective employer. "How much would a 'solicitor' charge to interpret this for us? And by solicitor, I'm guessing you mean a legal whiz and not a person who tries to get folks to buy stuff . . ."

[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Taking 10 on Disguise Checks (for a 27).[/sblock]

[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

As Devlin finally finishes composing himself, he waits patiently to take a look at the document himself. Sadly, this sort of mumbo jumbo has never been Devlin's cup of tea.

Upon looking at the words he scoffs before he even finishes the first sentence and hands the papers over,"bah, all I understand are numbers not this awkward tongue you have written in. Aishe I think you may have the best idea of how this situation should be handled."

[sblock=Int check] Intelligence Check: 1D20+3 = [4]+3 = 7
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB:+2 CMD: 15
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +2

Perception: +8
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 7/7
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity

Extracts Prepared: 1: Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: Cure Light Wound. 3:___ 4:____
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture, Expeditious Retreat, Stone Fist

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items: None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Yosephus Errol Smithe, Cleric of Amenthia, the Healing Hand

The aasimar nodded. "Well! I am doing this to help Yarendel with its tyranny problem. Compensation is secondary to getting the job done." The the cleric sits and awaits any further instructions before preparing for the trip.

[sblock=Yosephus]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 19 (10 flat-footed, 19 touch)
CMB: +2 CMD: 12

Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +11
Initiative: +0

Current Weapon in Hand: Morningstar
Channel Energy: 6/6
Spells:
Orisons: Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink, Resistance
1st Level: Bless, Hide from Undead, Shield of Faith, Cure Light Wounds (Domain)
2nd Level: Lesser Restoration, Silence, Cure Moderate Wounds (Domain)
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: OFF
Incorruptible: 1/1[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ In the Dunn Wright Inn ~

Hans%20Mancini_zpshu2f7gcu.jpg

Hans had wry expression and rested his hands on the table with his fingers interlaced.

“I cannot say claim to enjoy the company and necessity of needing the services of a solicitor. In truth they are just a cost of doing business when one must worry about getting into legal pitfalls and involving magistrates to sort out disagreements. Tis not a unique thing in Yarendel for certain, there is quite the market for their legal services and advice in large cities like Venza. I swear my Factors spend more time and gold dealing with them than I would like.”

He gestured to the last page of the parchment contract and held out the inkpen. “If you are comfortable enough, then go ahead and sign. Otherwise, we could spend a few days working with those blood sucking solicitors and paying them for the privilege. They charge exorbitant fees by the hour depending upon their expertise and reputation.”

[sblock=GM Note]I think the contract business has played out its usefulness. I just tossed that in there for some amusement. :p

I don't actually have a 15 page contract written out.[/sblock][sblock=Combat Information]
Party Status:
Code:
Charity:   42/42 HP remaining;
Yosephus:  26/26 HP remaining;
Devlin:    26/26 HP remaining;
Jaelle:    38/38 HP remaining;

Spells Cast:
Abilities Used:
   Charity:  Smite Evil 0/1, Lay on Hands 0/6, Chan Erg 0/7, Spells 1st 0/1
   Yosephus: Chan Erg 0/6,  Reb Death 0/6, Resist Tch 0/6, Incorrupt 0/1, Spells 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/3
   Devlin:   Bombs 0/7, Mutagen 0/1, Extracts 1st 0/4
   Jaelle:   None
Conditions in effect: None
[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Josephus Errol Smithe, Cleric of Amenthia, the Healing Hand

Yosephus steps up and signs his full name on the first line. Then he steps aside to allow the others to follow suit.

[sblock=Yosephus]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 19 (10 flat-footed, 19 touch)
CMB: +2 CMD: 12

Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +11
Initiative: +0

Current Weapon in Hand: Morningstar
Channel Energy: 6/6
Spells:
Orisons: Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink, Resistance
1st Level: Bless, Hide from Undead, Shield of Faith, Cure Light Wounds (Domain)
2nd Level: Lesser Restoration, Silence, Cure Moderate Wounds (Domain)
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: OFF
Incorruptible: 1/1[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

White teeth gleam against the dark skin of Aishe's lips as she returns Hans' wry smile. "Aye," she says. "I'm satisfied. I look forward to a nice, thick reindeer steak."

She steps forward boldly and takes the pen, signs her name to the contract and steps back to allow Devlin and Charity their turns.

[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Taking 10 on Disguise Checks (for a 27).[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Remove ads