[LPF] Don't Let It Go!

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Nodding, Charity steps forward to sign the document. Even writing but one word, it is obvious her education is classic Venzan, and her signature uses long, flowing strokes and fully renders every letter. Before it is all said and done, she spends as much time on one word as others do on two or three.

Upon finishing, Charity cautions, "I suppose there is nothing wrong with getting full appraisal of the rules we are agreeing to from a solicitor, but it seems we are intent on going, so that is fine. Sounds like a bit of shopping may be in order to prepare."
[sblock=Solicitor]I'm all for moving ahead, but I get the vibe the document contains stuff we might want to know, even if it's not detailed by PM in its 15 page glory. Of course my last adventure was opposite, with a verbal agreement and the patron literally throwing the money at my feet before running off.[/sblock]
[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 11 (10 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 42/42
CMB: +6 CMD: 17

Fort: +9 Reflex: +7 Will: +9
Perception: +9 Sense Motive: +8
Initiative: +1

Lay on Hands remaining: 6/6
Channel Energy remaining: 7/7
Smite remaining: 1/1

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

After Charity has added he name to the list, Devlin hops from his chair and grabs a pin."I do have to agree with you Charity. We are intent on helping this kingdom no matter what, but it would be nice to have some idea of some of the finer print, just in case." He signs his name and steps back from the table. "So Mr. Hans, what now?"

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB:+2 CMD: 15
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +2

Perception: +8
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 7/7
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity

Extracts Prepared: 1: Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: Cure Light Wound. 3:___ 4:____
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture, Expeditious Retreat, Stone Fist

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items: None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ In the Dunn Wright Inn ~

Hans%20Mancini_zpshu2f7gcu.jpg

Hans put the signed papers away after blotting the ink so it would not smear. “I will have these filed with my Factor, and they can be made available for perusal by any solicitor that you should hire if you would like. I will have a clerk make a few copies as well this evening, so you can take it with you aboard the ship.”

Refilling glasses, he lifted his own. “Let us toast the agreement, then.”

After he looked around the table, “I have arranged transportation to Yarendel on one of my ships. It will be leaving in the morning with the tide.”

“I will be accompanying you aboard, but once we arrive I am afraid I cannot be seen nor go ashore.”

[sblock=GM Note]The document was more of a plot device to provide characterization of Hans and initial details of the quest/situation; the details of the contract are not important really. It all boils down to TBG reward at the adventure’s end.[/sblock][sblock=Combat Information]
Party Status:
Code:
Charity:   42/42 HP remaining;
Yosephus:  26/26 HP remaining;
Devlin:    26/26 HP remaining;
Jaelle:    38/38 HP remaining;

Spells Cast:
Abilities Used:
   Charity:  Smite Evil 0/1, Lay on Hands 0/6, Chan Erg 0/7, Spells 1st 0/1
   Yosephus: Chan Erg 0/6,  Reb Death 0/6, Resist Tch 0/6, Incorrupt 0/1, Spells 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/3
   Devlin:   Bombs 0/7, Mutagen 0/1, Extracts 1st 0/4
   Jaelle:   None
Conditions in effect: None
[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Yosephus Errol Smithe, Cleric of Amenthia, the Healing Hand

Yosephus nodded. "Very well! Should we supply ourselves before we depart or will there be somewhere in Yarendel where we may purchase supplies?"

[sblock=Yosephus]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 19 (10 flat-footed, 19 touch)
CMB: +2 CMD: 12

Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +11
Initiative: +0

Current Weapon in Hand: Morningstar
Channel Energy: 6/6
Spells:
Orisons: Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink, Resistance
1st Level: Bless, Hide from Undead, Shield of Faith, Cure Light Wounds (Domain)
2nd Level: Lesser Restoration, Silence, Cure Moderate Wounds (Domain)
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: OFF
Incorruptible: 1/1[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
At the mention of supplies, Charity politely dabs her face with a napkin and speaks up. "Depending on how much information we can get, I would assume we wish to shop here, Yosephus. From the description in the document, this winter they are experiencing is unnatural. Some supplies, such as warm clothing, may be hard to find or unreasonably expensive compared to what we can get here." Turning her attention to Hans, she continues, "Hans, is there any further information you can tell us before we go shopping? Anything you can tell us will help."

[sblock=Solicitor]It's something I have no trouble handling in summary, but Charity is interested due to the way things happened. Even though I know it's not really an attempt to pull a fast one, Charity is trained to be a little suspicious. But, I understand not wanting to spend any real amount of time on it; that makes good sense.[/sblock]
[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Yosephus Errol Smithe, Cleric of Amenthia, the Healing Hand

Yosephus nods at Charity. "All good points that I had not considered." He then turns his attention to Hans.

[sblock=Yosephus]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 19 (10 flat-footed, 19 touch)
CMB: +2 CMD: 12

Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +11
Initiative: +0

Current Weapon in Hand: Morningstar
Channel Energy: 6/6
Spells:
Orisons: Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink, Resistance
1st Level: Bless, Hide from Undead, Shield of Faith, Cure Light Wounds (Domain)
2nd Level: Lesser Restoration, Silence, Cure Moderate Wounds (Domain)
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: OFF
Incorruptible: 1/1[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Hans replied to Yosephus, “I cannot advise you properly on what you should or should not do regarding purchasing of supplies. That would be your area of expertise.”

“If you want to make landfall at the port, there are shops if you wish to acquire equipment there. The Capital is not a large city, so I will not be able to risk being recognized by going ashore.”

He turned to Charity and continued, “Our island Kingdom is pretty profitable with some good trading partners for our exports. Fearing the influence of the foreign trade agreements, Alsa the Queen started declaring edicts.”

“She also put her younger cousin Irene and my betrothed in to the dungeons. She is third in line to throne. Then I was banished to exile while I was away from the island and cannot return.”

“I was told that the entire kingdom is all in peril with the drastic change to the weather, plunging the entire island into winter. The Queen left the capital to hide out in the mountains and is said to be responsible for it, while her sister Einna remained behind to uphold her power.”

“What else do you wish to know?”

[sblock=GM Note]Okay, you can hire a solicitor to review the contract off camera and the results can be summarized in transition later.[/sblock][sblock=Combat Information]
Party Status:
Code:

Spells Cast:
Abilities Used:
   Yosephus: Chan Erg 0/6,  Reb Death 0/6, Resist Tch 0/6, Incorrupt 0/1, Spells 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/3
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Charity finishes her stew as she listens to Hans' lengthy explanation of events in his home kingdom. Setting the bowl aside, she replies, "Well, that does help, to a certain extent. Although, please excuse my nature, but it brings up more questions. First, so I understand you correctly, do you mean to say that her cousin Irene is betrothed to you, or that she threw two people into the dungeons? I think the former, but I wish to be clear to avoid any misconceptions."

Finishing folding her napkin and laying it across the top of the bowl, the flame-haired Venzan makes an observation before continuing her questions. "Alright, so that would mean we are essentially being hired to not only remove specific people from power, but install a new power, as Irene would ascend as queen were we to do this. I sincerely hope this is for the better, but it does bring up for whom we are doing this. You mention your 'Factor' on a couple occasions. Can we have some clarity on who this is before we go about reassigning heads of state in a foreign land?"

Quickly paying her tab and tipping Marla as her bowl is whisked away from the table, Charity continues with questions more about the endeavor itself. "In any case, this brings up the actions of the current queen, Alsa. Firstly, you describe she has made edicts concerning trade. Are you saying there is something troublesome with her doing so, or was it merely background? If the action was troublesome, is it because it constitutes an excess of her power, the edits themselves are ill-conceived, or something I'm not seeing?

"Secondly, what do we know about the unnatural winter itself? We know it happened, so far. When you say Alsa is said to be responsible, was any information given as to why people believe that? Is she known to be a magical student of some kind? Any information about what we might be facing would be very helpful.

"Finally, you mention she fled to a mountain hideout of some nature. We we have any idea of how far away that might be, given the topography of the island? Do we have a location, do we have a source of who might know, or are we yet to discover the location? Are they gentle mountains, or are they sufficiently steep that climbing gear might be in order? Any information you can supply on this will allow us to plan what sounds to be an outdoor expedition."

Charity takes a deep breath. "That is all I can think of, for now, Hans. Barring what my associates might think up, of course..." She give s knowing nod to the others as she lets her words trail off.

[sblock=Questions, Solicitor and stuff]I realize this level of questioning is unusual, but I just wanted to mention that Charity's last employer left her feeling uncertain about what all had happened at the end of that adventure. I'm not trying to stall the game in an unneeded fashion. That said, the solicitor solution from PM sounds perfectly fine--it addresses my roleplay motivations without drawing things out. Finally, I notice Mowgli has been away since Tuesday, so I don't want to complete the scene without Aishe being able to 'sign off' on the Q&A segment.[/sblock][sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Hans did not appear bothered by all the questions and he did his best to answer them.

“Yes, Irene is my betrothed and locked in the dungeon for some trumped up reason. Probably it is a punishment for being associated with me, while I was away when everything happened. I am currently banished since I was outside of their reach when the sisters started this tyranny. If the evil queen and her sister were killed or removed from power, my Irene would be queen next without any children born of her cousins.”

“My Factor is only the man I have assigned to be in charge of my business interests in Venza. He is an employee of mine and a trusted retainer.”

“The Queen's edicts were banning trade rights for certain foreign merchants and taxing them unfairly in the beginning. But she feared that the trade agreements were causing undue influence amongst the rest of the merchants in Yarendel as we tried to persuade her these were actually hurting our business in the long run.”

The man shook his head, “Sorry, I am not sure how she has done it. Those from the kingdom that brought me word only know what I have told you. The Queen was rather reclusive until this sudden abuse of power. They say she was able to freeze people with magical rays of frost and caused the winter to come in the middle of summer.”

“The mountains are not terribly high and steep, but there was no known fortress in them that I even knew about. The sides of the mountains were home to vineyards, logging businesses, trappers, hunters, and those raising reindeer. Deep in the mountains there are even those that cut blocks of ice to sell in town during the warmer months.”

“I only heard that the Queen fled the city after freezing some people and then the winter came. It started in the mountains and rolled down upon the coastal area within a few days. Who else could be responsible if not the Queen?”

[sblock=Combat Information]
Party Status:
Code:

Spells Cast:
Abilities Used:
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Aishe Luminitse (Jaelle Nuri)
[section]

Aishe, who's been sitting quietly and listening to all of the questions posed and answers provided, appears to be quite satisfied as to the arrangements. She nods at Charity's offer to the rest of the group to ask their own questions, but politely declines. "An excellent debrief Charity, Hans. I can't think of a single question yet to be answered; although, if past experience is any indication there will be half-a-hundred pop up once we're deeply enough involved we won't be able to ask them."

The young woman extends a hand to Hans. "I look forward to the voyage, sir. I'll be doing a little shopping this evening - picking up some cold weather gear - and I'll be at the docks bright and early tomorrow."

[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Taking 10 on Disguise Checks (for a 27).[/sblock]

Initiative: +03
AC: 17 (13 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 38/38
Senses: DarkVision (120’), Low-Light Vision Perception: +07
CMB: +06 CMD: 19
Fort: +05 Reflex: +07 Will: +01
[/sblock]

Remove ads