[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

GlassEye

Community Supporter
[sblock=Leveling expectations]I'll keep close track of encounter xp and time-based xp using Mowgli's Adventure Tracker. I will periodically post an image of the excel sheet so that you can advance any levels gained as soon as you have enough xp to do so, though if that comes in the middle of an encounter leveling will have to wait until the encounter is completed.

This adventure is about the same length as Still Waters but since we only got through two of the seven planned encounters of Still Waters before veering of into another direction this will seem much longer. Depending on how long it goes, some of you, possibly all of you, will reach 7th level by the end.[/sblock]
[sblock=Adventure Tracking/Experience]
Part One (from the beginning of Dwarven Crusade up to the date PM spent DMC for Borric)

Part Two and continuing...

[/sblock][sblock=Treasure Awards]
Enc 1 - Kremuur & Trap: 3,900 gp (975 gp ea)
Enc 2 - Neezhka challenge: 0 gp
Enc 3 - Nighttime trap: 0 gp
Enc 4 - Scorpion: 0 gp
Enc 5 - Climb: 0 gp
Enc 6 - Dwarven Wight: +1 Half-Plate, +1 Greataxe; (value 4,070 gp)
Enc 7 - Derro: leather armor (x4) 10 gp, short sword (x4) 10 gp, repeating crossbow (x4) 250 gp, 20 bolts 4 gp, 20 poisoned bolts (medium spider poison) 3,004 gp. Total = 4,088 gp.

Group Supplies:
Passage from Hruthrip to Gist - 40gp
Large Tent - 30gp
7 days Rations Each (6 people) - 21gp
100ft Silk Rope - 20gp
4 Sunrods - 8gp
Grappling Hook - 1gp
Hammer & 10 Pitons - 1.5gp
Shovel - 2gp
8 Tanglefoot bags - 400gp
Saw - .04gp
String/twine - .01gp
Periscope - 20gp
light horse, war - 110 gp
light horse, riding x2 - 150 gp
riding saddle, saddlebags, bit & bridle x3 - 48 gp
-----------------
- 851.55 gp
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

GlassEye

Community Supporter
With Tamm captured and in the custody of the guard and Baggett escaped and few to no leads on his whereabouts Borric, Nathan, Sylvain and Zelena, accompanied by the aged bookseller, Aldino, the wise Waltor, and Zelena's trusty mount, Celebfedhiin, have the city of Hruthrip to explore, the bookbinder Neezhka to find and question, pounds of gold to spend and, if the gods look favorably upon them, a criminal to catch and an expedition for dwarven gold to mount.

Golden motes buzz by Nathan's ear reminding him, insistently, of their powerful desire for tiny shovels.

Celebfedhiin looks longingly at a fish dangling from a nearby fishwife's table and nudges Zelena's hand with her snout.

Waltor chitters and chatters to Sylvain about how exciting this new city is.

And Borric remembers the wand he scooped up when he picked up his weapons back in the alley just as Aldino pipes up and says, "What's that in your hand? Maybe we could find a tavern or an inn and let the wizards take a look. I could use an ale to steady the nerves." Aldino does still look a bit shaken by the experience though he smiles and puts a brave face on it.

 

Songdragon

Villager
"Sounds like a plan." Zelena chimes in... And she purchases a few fish to feeds ones of them to Celebfedhiin and removes a container from her bag of holding and stores the others for later.

"Did the ruffians get anything of importance Aldino?" Zelena asks
 

Gerald007

Villager
Following Zelena's leaad, Syl picks up a fresh bowl of crickets to feed Waltor, still feeling a little bit of regret after their afrument after the run in with Tamm and Baggett.
 

perrinmiller

Villager
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric hands the wand over to Syl, "One of those bastards dropped this."

"Since we cannot finish that business with the thug, an ale will hit the spot. Then, we can check out some more sights in this city. Maybe we can find some useful gear."


Spotting a likely watering hole, he gestures down the street for them to check it out.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (26 with shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 53 Current: 53
CMB: +8 CMD: 21 (23 vs. Trip/Disarm) Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Step Up

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Borric Hawkins
 

Gerald007

Villager
"Very interesting, Borric. Yes, let's get that ale, and I can look at this further." Distracted by the magical item, Syl falls in line with the group, absentmindedly following them into the tavern. After being seated, Stl focuses his full attention on the wand.
 

jkason

Villager
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"I ... what?" Nathan mutters to the air above him. "Yes, yes, 'object of the holy excavation,' I get it already!" he says, swatting at the air as if swarmed by invisible insects.

"I'll ask at the bar, okay? Pubs always have someone who knows the town," Nathan says, and his posture shifts as he seems to have sated his unseen celestial companions at least for a moment. He looks to his flesh and blood companions a bit sheepishly.

"Sorry. They're a bit self-righteous, but they have come in handy in the past. Unfortunately, I can't lob a fish at them to make them happy. Let's get that drink and find out what shopping this place has to offer."

[sblock=ooc]I'm assuming there's no place selling miniature shovels in the fish market, but it's the first place Nathan wants to stop when we have a chance to shop. Otherwise, he's effectively down a spell.[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Villager
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric looks askance at the mage, "What in the hells are you dealing with, Nate? Fairies, ghosts, imaginary friends,... too many knocks on the ol' noggin?"

Opening the door to the tavern, the brash fighter calls out, "OY! Some ales over here... er, some wine too!"

He gestures to the empty table for he and his companions, making sure the old geezer doesn't run off on them again.

[sblock=OOC]I would assume we can shop since we did an adventure change. It might be a good idea if we are leaving civilization for awhile. Though I don't know what I would buy yet. Probably a Belt of Strength. I think I need a DM approval on this so I can purchase now just in case it needs to be commissioned.

Also Borric is a stone's throw only from 6th level. 1 DMC would do it easily. I am tempted to do it now while we can shop for a bit of extra cash and to save doing it later before we get involved in plot issues once more.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (26 with shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 53 Current: 53
CMB: +8 CMD: 21 (23 vs. Trip/Disarm) Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Step Up

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Borric Hawkins
 

GlassEye

Community Supporter
Aldino responds to Zelena, "Oh dear. They just tossed me around like a sack of potatoes! They didn't actually get anything even though the little one hand his hand in my satchel." The old man sticks close to the others as they head down the street; apparently he learned his lesson about venturing forth on his own.

Spotting the sign of a big fish jumping into a tankard Borric leads the rest into the tavern for a drink and a bit of planning on their next step. Drinks are quick to arrive and the serving girl, flaunting ample assets, flirts outrageously.

[sblock=OOC]Yes, by all means take care of shopping! Sorry I didn't make it clear that now is the best time to do that. Or you can wait until after the scene with Neezhka when hopefully you'll know a little more about what you are up against. Entirely up to you but if you do need to commission now might be better.

If you want to level now, feel free to spend DMC to do so, also.

And finally, my posting might be a bit slow/spotty at times in the near future. I've a new dance partner and we're trying to coordinate practice schedules and I'm still preparing for a competition with the old partner that occurs in less than two weeks. Awkward timing but that's life, I guess.[/sblock]

 

jkason

Villager
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"Probably some from each column, Bor," Nathan responds dryly as he follows the others inside.

Once there, Nathan smiles politely at the serving girl's flirtation, but points to Borric and Syl and offers, "I expect you'll probably get the reaction you're looking for from those two if you're wanting to focus your efforts, dear." He lifts his eyebrow with a knowing grin as if no more need be said, then downs his drink quickly. His shoulders slump a bit a moment after he finishes.

"Fine, fine. Whistle whetted, I'll get you your blasted relic, all right?"

Rising, Nathan says, "If you lot will excuse me for just a moment, I think I caught sight of a sign for the local version of the Pearl across the street. I'll be back before you have to pay the bill. I'm sure our server has plenty to offer you in the way of distractions while I'm gone."

Indeed, it's almost no time at all before Nathan returns, his mood clearly lightened. Perhaps it has to do with the silver and red jewels you catch glimpses of through his disheveled hair, but his waving a tiny shovel in the air like he's unearthed the find of the century is the more likely explanation.

[sblock=ooc]Since I had the same commissioning concerns, I just ran over and did it now. Rolls went Nathan's way, though. :)[/sblock]
 

Songdragon

Villager
The gnome smiles and nods to Aldino, "That is good to hear."

Zelena looks at Nathan rather oddly as he spouts off about a relic and when he is gone she asks Syl and Borric, "What was that about?"

Sipping a glass of wine that she has again chilled with a bit of gnomish magic, she smiles at the others, "So... whom is it that we have to find again Aldino?"
 

perrinmiller

Villager
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric shrugs warily that Nate is off his rocker, but then he is a mage and they all are a bit looney so he lets it be. There are more important things to worry about at the moment.

Such as her...

"Lass, my gracious friend is correct. Come and sit." Putting an arm around her waist, he sits her on his lap as he continues flirting with her while Zelena keeps Aldino entertained.

Seeing Nathan come back, he is reminded of a few things he would like to find, but realizes that he might need some more gold.

"That's a nice little thing you got there. I need to look into some enchantments for my gear too. Does anyone have a spare thousand or two gold coins to lend me?"

The buxom barmaid giggles as he pinches her rear end, thinking he is just being funny. However to his companions, there is no joking on his expression as he is quite serious about his equipment and arsenal.

The beer wench begins nibbling his ear thinking she has found the catch of the century, her gold digging mind already thinking how she will spend Borric's money.

[sblock=OOC]Not sure what the rules are on borrowing gp from your companions, but I don't see why not.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (26 with shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 53 Current: 53
CMB: +8 CMD: 21 (23 vs. Trip/Disarm) Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night)

Current Weapon in Hand: Barmaid with big hooters
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Borric Hawkins
 

Songdragon

Villager
The gnome almost spits her wine all over Syl at Borric's query about not only borrowing some coing, but several thousand, like it was an every day thing. Looking to be sure the man is serious she apologizes, "Sorry about that, the question was... unexpected."

She seems to dig around in her new bag and comes up with two gemstones, "If you truly needs the funds, this should do. Much of what I am considering is rather more expensive than I have funds to cover, for now." She starts to hand over gemstones to Borric when she gets a wry smile and comments, "Do I need to have you sign a lengthy contract with many large and meaningless words drawn up... or are you good for this?"

(( 2 gems worth 1000 gp each. Will mark on my character sheet.))
 

jkason

Villager
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan can't suppress his laughter as the small woman ably gives Borric a bit of harassing. He stifles the laughter quickly though, gulping back his drink.

OOC: As long as it's borrowing (i.e. paid back with later gold earned during the adventure), it wouldn't seem to break the LPF wealth per level rules to make a temporary loan in-adventure. My two cents on it, in any case.
 

GlassEye

Community Supporter
Sylvain's examination of the wand is thorough. The wand confers invisibility upon whomever is the target but its magic is nearly depleted. Still, its powers may prove useful or it could be sold with the rest of the gear that the group plans to pawn.

Aldino, despite his age, is not oblivious to the barmaid' charms and stammers a distracted reply to Zelena's question about who they need to find. "Ah, errm... Neezhka. Of Hruthrip. Quite the bookbinder. Very well-respected in the field."

"That old crone?" interupts the barmaid. "She never leaves her house. Good thing, too; she's ugly enough to scare the pants off a priest." She looks thoughtful for the briefest of moments (that seems to be the longest she can hold a thought) then giggles. "But I never met a priest who can keep his pants on anyway."

A quick knock on wood from the direction of the bar and the barmaid slips from Borric's grasp with the ease of much practice. She flashes him an apologetic smile. "Anything else I can get ya?"

[sblock=OOC]Sorry, Gerald, for overlooking your previous post. The wand of invisibility (6 charges) and all the gear collected from the pirates, etc. is included in the gold totals in the Still Waters summary. As always, if there is anything you want to keep subtract that from your totals. But I'm sure you've already taken care of all that.

Re: loaning money. I won't say no; that sort of transaction is between the characters imo.[/sblock]

 

Gerald007

Villager
Syl had been quite, even ignoring the bar maid. "Aha, this is quite a find. I think Nathan or I could use this wand to make any of us invisible. Oh how I've wanted to make you vanish before, Borric! No, seriously, there isn't much of the magic left, but it would be possible to use it a few more times. I think it would be better to keep this rather than sell it off. Oh, and did anyone notice the waitress? Quite a looker!"

OOC: Guys, I am going to be absent for the most part for the next few days. I've got a road trip to New Orleans, and much drinking to do, so my posting will be very limited until Monday evening. Run Syl as needed and I'll check in if I can. Same for Basnite, if you don't mind, PM. Thanks guys!
 

perrinmiller

Villager
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

"Indeed. Syl. She is quite perky and feels nice to the touch. Soft and firm in all the right places." Borric answers the witch as he watches the exquisitely shaped derriere leave his lap, thinking very impure thoughts that would make a randy farm girl blush.

"Lass, I will gladly accept a bit of a tussle later. That will do me just fine tonight, when can I get you off?"

"Hey, I assume we will need a room to spend the night at some point." This last is directed at his companions as he justifies the time spent satisfying his manly urges later. At least he isn't dragging Syl off to go whoring among the lizardfolk this time, much to Walter's disappointment.

With the offer of the two gems, Borric takes them quickly to get them out of sight. "Zelena, I thank you. I will pay you back as soon as possible from our next haul of loot."

"Given what our girl here has said, after our rest we should finish our errands and go meet this ol' book binder."


[sblock=OOC]Since I rolled well in the Arcane Row, I won't need to delay for commissioning items. Thanks SD for the loan. :) This will significantly increase Borric's combat power.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (26 with shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: Barmaid with big hooters
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Borric Hawkins
 

Gerald007

Villager
OOC[sblock]Do you need some more cash, PM? I don't plan on having Syl go shopping for anything except a few third level scrolls right now.[/sblock]
 

jkason

Villager
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"Indeed. Popping out of sight is always useful," Nathan says as Syl announces what he's uncovered of the wand. "I've got at least one scroll that does the same, and I think I've figured out how to get my friends to hide me or someone else for at least a short time, so probably best you keep it on hand; spreads out our options."

The young sorcerer does his best to ignore Borric's foreplay, but does nod at the suggestion of rooms.

"Those two buggers in the alley were a bit tougher than they looked at first. Probably would do us good to get a night's sleep. The shopkeep tells me at least one of my purchases will require some extra time for me to properly attune to it, and I'm quite sure Syl could use a nap after being batted so often by that half-orc.

"If your contact is the shut in the barmaid suggests, one assumes she'll be there whenever we need, yes?"
he asks Aldino, giving an easy smile to try to assuage Aldino's anxiety about making the meeting. "And lost treasure doesn't generally up and find itself in a hurry, so I don't suppose we've a need to race off?"

[sblock=ooc]As I understand it, stat-raising items are temporary for the first 24 hours. I updated Nathan's sheet with new spells per day and DCs based on his Cha bump, but I think that officially doesn't happen until tomorrow in-game. Between that and the fact I think we've used a fair bit of resources (not sure how much channeling Zelena has left), the in-character suggestion by Borric of resting up prior to moving on seems a sound one to me.

[MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION], with the wand, do we all deduct our portion of it, or just just Syl deduct the price since he's received it as part of his split of treasure? I didn't spend all of Nathan's money, so I don't think it hurts him either way, but wanted to sort that before I let it slip by.[/sblock]
 

Gerald007

Villager
ooc [sblock]After I get back from NO, I'll make another spoiler tag with all Syl's info in it. In the meantime, I purchased three scrolls, Syl will try to see if Waltor can retain when the team heads off to rest for the evening. I'll put the Spellcraft checks in this post. By my calculations, Syl should be able to teach Waltor all three...yea![/sblock]
 

Advertisement

Top