[LPF] Evil Unto Evil

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos nods.

"We find anything to consecrate, stands to reason it'll be surrounded by a knot of things to kill first. Or again," he whispers. "If you hold the salts and stick to the back, Heinrich, they're probably safest with you."

The tanned ginger wrinkles his nose and rubs at it with a grimace.

"Closer we get to this place, worse the stench is getting. And its a secret my Lady doesn't take back lightly. Got it under control now, but I'd hate to give us all away emptying my stomach while I'm invisible. Probably best if you go, then, Tyrien. Heinrich can give you the vision boon; I'll use the scroll and invisibility on you, too. Just keep a head for your time; the darkvision may last, but you'll have 10 minutes from casting to the time you fade back into view and any shamblers can tell where you are again."

[sblock=ooc]My hope is that either the Don's body or the Evil Elvin Whatsis is in the cave, and consecrating with the salts might short it out. But, yeah, there's probably more killing to do before we get near either.

With the threat of nausea, probably best Tyrien plays scout, then. Double normal darkvision will even make it easier, since I think that's better ranger than most undead have. [/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +9
AC: 23 (26 w/ SoF, 25 w/Prot Evil)
HP:75 Current: 73
Senses: Perception 20 (24 scent w/ Bloodhound), Sense Motive 24/29
CMB: +8 CMD: 23 Fort: +8 (+11 w/ purity, +12 w/ Prot evil)
Reflex: +9 (+12 w/ purity, +13 w/ Prot evil)
Will: +12 (+15 w/ purity, +16 w/ Prot evil)
***-4 saves vs odor based effects w/ Bloodhound
***Purity bonus doubled vs. curses, diseases, and poisons

Conditions:
* Deadeye's Lore (8 hours, +4 Survival, track at full speed)
* Bloodhound (8 hours, +4 Track stacks with Deadeye, +8 Scent Perception does NOT stack with Bracers' of Falcon's Aim, -4 save vs odor based effects)

In Hand: Bow

Common Attacks:

+1 Seeking Comp. Longbow (Str +1)*: Attack: +14/+09 = [BAB (07/02)
+ DEX (05) + Magic (01) + Bracers (01)]
negates miss percentage chances
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 19-20/x3^, range 110'
Spiritual Weapon (Sbow): Attack: +10/+05 = [BAB (07/02) + WIS (03)]
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 20/x3, range 170' Special: force / spell
All: +2 to hit / +2d6+2 damage when using Bane ability

2 +1 Daggers (temporary)

* +1 to hit / damage within 30' (point blank shot),
* Deadly Aim available (-3 attack, +6 damage)
^ Crit range increased via Bracer's of Falcon's Aim
Many Shot: 1st attack of Full attack uses 2 arrows for damage on a hit.

Arrows: 22/31
Blunt Arrows: 16/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 18/50 remaining
Disguise kit uses: 9/10 remaining
Spider Climb (boots) minutes: 9/10 remaining
Scrolls: See Invisible x2 (one with Tyrien), Comp Languages x3, Lesser Restoration,
Party scrolls (carried by): Restoration (Eanos), Hide from Undead (Eanos), Summon Monster 2 & 3 (Heinrich), Daybreak Arrow x2 (Eanos)

Used: none

Judgement (2 choice per): 3/4 Remaining
Determination: 4/4 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 2/7 remaining
Bane: 6/10 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 10/10 rounds remaining
Dimensional Hop: 80'/100' feet remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 14): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/6 remaining)(DC 15): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/5 remaining)(DC 16): Bloodhound, Flames of the Faithful, Ghostbane Dirge, Invisibility, Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
3rd (4/4 remaining)(DC 17): Blessing of the Mole,* Dispel Magic, Halt Undead, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
4th (2/2 remaining)(DC 18): Death Ward, Judgment Light

* Stealth bonus not stackable with ioun stone

Random notes: Syndicate "code phrase": 'Reginald needs a bath.' - false phrase created by Sugar Sweet.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien nodded as the others saw her reasoning.

“I am nearly ready, let me switch cloaks first.” She took off the cloak she was wearing and swapped it with the elven cloak that was stashed in her haversack.

“Before you cast the spell of invisibility, I can take the grave salts with me just in case. That way if I have the opportunity to use them I can do so. If it turns out to be too risky, then I will just come back.”

With or without the grave salts, the half-elven archeress was ready. Once the spells were cast she approached the catacombs without rushing.

[sblock=Actions]To help speed this up:
1. Assume Tyrien is Taking 10 on Stealth +23. With Invisibility, that is increased by +20 to a result of 53, I think.
2. As she moves inside, she will Take 10 on Perception +20 to check for traps and dangers. That should also find any secret doors.
3. If she comes to a split in a hallway and either direction appears to be the same, she will take the passage to the right.
4. Use Message Cantrip (30 min duration) to stay in contact with Eanos via whispering[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +19 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 80 Current: 77
CMB: +11 CMD: 30(23ff) Fort: +9 Reflex: +15 Will: +7
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)
1st Level 3/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards)[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Heinrich nods and says, "Das ist goot too." as he hands her the grave salts.

cast dark vision - greater

[sblock=stat block] Init +2, Perception +10 Move 30'

AC: 12[base]; 14 [w/ shield spell]; 16 [w/ Ablative Barrier spell]; 18 [w/ shield and abl barr]
touch: 12; Flat Foot: 10 [shield or ablative barrier may apply]

AC: 16 touch: 16; Flat Foot: 10 cat's grace and shield

HP: 38/38 Fort: +5, Reflex +7, Will +9, BAB +4, CMB +4, CMD 16

Consumables: Wand of CLW [cl1] 50/50 charges; Wand of Magic Missiles [CL1] 45/50 charges
oil x 6 pints; sun rods x 6; Alchemist fire x 1; Scroll [stone shape cl 7]
In hand: Dagger
Effects:
light source: Lamp, common; cantrip: light [dur: 90 mins]
Per day use abilities:

cast any spell through bonded object 1 / day
[cast greater darkvision post # 484 duraton 10 hours ]

Fire jet DC 21 [Used: 0/8]

Dancing flame [used 0/4]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Wizard Spells prepared]
0 Level * acid splash * Detect Magic * Light * Resistance

level 1: * comp lang * Burning Hands(ev,E,*) * ear pierce scream * Feather fall * magic missile
*magic missile * Shield
pearl of power lv 1: Shield
pearl of power lv 1: Magic missile
pearl of power lv 1: Magic Missile

level 2: * Cat's grace * See invisibility * Flaming Sphere [ev,E] * Resist Energy [E] * Scorching Ray [ev, E]
* Levitate
pearl of power lv 2: Cat's grace
pearl of power lv 2: scorching ray (ev,E)

level 3: * Fire ball (**,ev,E) * Dispel Magic * Haste * ablative barrier * lightning bolt
pearl of power lv 3: ablative barrier

level 4: * summon monster 4 (E)* Stone Skin * stone skin * Detonate * Black Tentecles

level 5: * lightning arc * wall of force * Elemental body [E] * Teleport

Legend:
( - ) denotes a cast spell
(*) cast at +1 level (trait)
(**) cast at +2 levels (Feat)
(E) elemental: flame school
(ev) evocation
(A) denotes changed to acid
(&) takes 2 spell slots to cast
(#) recalled via pearl of power
(E,A) denotes 50% fire/50% acid
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos waits until the half-elf has all the gear she wants in place, and allows Heinrich to invoke his darkvision spell before proceeding.

Once everything is set with both equipping and bolstering Tyrien's sense, Eanos unrolls one of the pieces of parchment Mackavoy sold them. He touches Tyrien's shoulder as he reads off the words, and as the paper crumbles Tyrien feels a warming sensation move across her body.

Eanos doesn't pause to consider the effects of the scroll, instead taking the hand now free of a scroll and grabbing hold of the ornate silver key which hangs from his neck. He whispers words which slip from the mind as soon as anyone hears them, though they seem to be echoed by whispers which surround Tyrien herself. In no time at all, the archeress has faded from view.

[sblock=mini-stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +9
AC: 23 (26 w/ SoF, 25 w/Prot Evil)
HP:75 Current: 73
Senses: Perception 20 (24 scent w/ Bloodhound), Sense Motive 24/29
CMB: +8 CMD: 23 Fort: +8 (+11 w/ purity, +12 w/ Prot evil)
Reflex: +9 (+12 w/ purity, +13 w/ Prot evil)
Will: +12 (+15 w/ purity, +16 w/ Prot evil)
***-4 saves vs odor based effects w/ Bloodhound
***Purity bonus doubled vs. curses, diseases, and poisons

Conditions:
* Deadeye's Lore (8 hours, +4 Survival, track at full speed)
* Bloodhound (8 hours, +4 Track stacks with Deadeye, +8 Scent Perception does NOT stack with Bracers' of Falcon's Aim, -4 save vs odor based effects)

In Hand: Bow

Common Attacks:

+1 Seeking Comp. Longbow (Str +1)*: Attack: +14/+09 = [BAB (07/02)
+ DEX (05) + Magic (01) + Bracers (01)]
negates miss percentage chances
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 19-20/x3^, range 110'
Spiritual Weapon (Sbow): Attack: +10/+05 = [BAB (07/02) + WIS (03)]
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 20/x3, range 170' Special: force / spell
All: +2 to hit / +2d6+2 damage when using Bane ability

2 +1 Daggers (temporary)

* +1 to hit / damage within 30' (point blank shot),
* Deadly Aim available (-3 attack, +6 damage)
^ Crit range increased via Bracer's of Falcon's Aim
Many Shot: 1st attack of Full attack uses 2 arrows for damage on a hit.

Arrows: 22/31
Blunt Arrows: 16/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 18/50 remaining
Disguise kit uses: 9/10 remaining
Spider Climb (boots) minutes: 9/10 remaining
Scrolls: See Invisible x2 (one with Tyrien), Comp Languages x3, Lesser Restoration,
Party scrolls (carried by): Restoration (Eanos), Hide from Undead (Eanos), Summon Monster 2 & 3 (Heinrich), Daybreak Arrow x2 (Eanos)

Used: none

Judgement (2 choice per): 3/4 Remaining
Determination: 4/4 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 2/7 remaining
Bane: 6/10 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 10/10 rounds remaining
Dimensional Hop: 80'/100' feet remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 14): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/6 remaining)(DC 15): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (3/5 remaining)(DC 16): Bloodhound, Flames of the Faithful, Ghostbane Dirge, Invisibility, Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
3rd (4/4 remaining)(DC 17): Blessing of the Mole,* Dispel Magic, Halt Undead, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
4th (2/2 remaining)(DC 18): Death Ward, Judgment Light

* Stealth bonus not stackable with ioun stone

Random notes: Syndicate "code phrase": 'Reginald needs a bath.' - false phrase created by Sugar Sweet.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Tyrien was invisible and she whispered, “Wish me luck.”

She headed towards the entrance to the catacombs, moving carefully and cautiously.

[sblock=Standard Operating Procedure]
1. Assume Tyrien is Taking 10 on Stealth +23. With Invisibility, that is increased by +20 to a result of 53, I think.
2. As she moves inside, she will Take 10 on Perception +20 to check for traps and dangers. That should also find any secret doors.
3. If she comes to a split in a hallway and either direction appears to be the same, she will take the passage to the right.
4. Use Message Cantrip (30 min duration) to stay in contact with Eanos via whispering[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO)

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
And now for the hard part: Waiting. Heinrich is a fire mage, and has the traits of fire in his personality. He does not take long to start pacing like flames flickering about a bonfire.

Systole

First Post
Tyrien slips ahead, over the stones of the crumbled elven ruins and toward the walls that surround the catacombs and the former keep. If there are guardians, she is unable to see them. But if there are guardians, they also seem unable to see her.

Creeping to a gap in the walls, she peers inside, which appears to be an ancient courtyard that has long since fallen into ruin. Rubble covers large swaths of the ground, and Tyrien can make out two -- no, three -- sets of steps that descend crookedly into the darkness below the ruins. Wights trudge into and out of the stairways, bearing pickaxes and shovels.

On the far side of the courtyard stands a small pavilion of recent construction, complete with a pair of crude ... well, they appear to be thrones. Nearer the center of the courtyard, there is a large tent. A pair of voices, one of which is familiar and raised in anger, emanate from the tent.

"...foolish digging! Our son is in danger, and the intruders have magics that can sever me from my minions. We have waited long enough. We have gathered enough meat. It is time to drown this town in a tide of blood! Why do you delay!?"

The answer is in a much more reasonable tone and is therefore too quiet to make out, but the timbre of the voice is feminine.

[sblock=OOC]There are about a half dozen wights at any given time, although Tyrien is sure that there are more than a dozen in total. She is at the southern break in the wall.

[sblock=Map]
elfruins.jpg
[/sblock][/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Tyrien stopped for a moment to observe the wights to see where they were going from the stairs leading underground. She whispered over the spell's link, “There are a bunch of wights moving around in the courtyard. And inside a tent the Don is talking with a woman, I think. Moving closer to listen.”

Carefully, she moved towards the tent to eavesdrop while not getting closer to any wights if possible. She headed to her right at first, looking to see if she could spot the entrance.

[sblock=Actions]Moving towards tent, approaching from south and slightly east.

3. Use Message Cantrip (30 min duration) to stay in contact with Eanos via whispering[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
+2 Will vs. Enchantments

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining

Systole

First Post
[sblock=GM]Slight pause in the action as I ask for help with a point of rules. Should restart in the next day or two.[/sblock]

Remove ads