[LPF] Faith and Good Works

Systole

First Post
In a coordinated maneuver, the northernmost guardian moves to its right, and the other two sidestep, closing the line next to their brethren. As quickly as that, Fury finds himself at the focus of a phalanx of emotionless constructs. Two blows land, one of which is nearly fatal.

Tomb_guardian_zps31ddb487.png

[sblock=Combat]Guardian 1: Step to K7. Attack Fury (hit for 13).
Guardian 2: Withdraw to K5.
Guardian 3: Step to K6. Attack Fury (crit for 40).

Guardian 1: AC ??, uninjured, heavy pick/large shield in hand.
Guardian 2: AC ??, uninjured, heavy pick/large shield in hand.
Guardian 3: AC ??, 24* + 6 damage (severely injured), heavy pick/large shield in hand.
Guardian 4: Vanquished.

*Highly effective damage. Actual damage is greater than the listed number.

Cythera: Battle Dance, Bless, Sensei's Advice
Fury: 11/64, Bless, Feather Step, Sensei's Advice
Mowgli: Bless, Sensei's Advice
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
Gold_03_zps5facdcd2.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Brin winces as Fury is walloped by the heavy picks, and moves quickly to his friend's aid. He slips in behind the rogue and lays a glowing palm between his shoulder blades.

[sblock=Actions]
  • Move: to I6
  • Free: Maintain Advice (SK, you did not include Brin in his own Advice, but it is effective for him as well, I think).
  • Standard: Sacrifice Prayer to cast Cure Serious Wounds (3d8+5=21) on Fury.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 Flat-Footed, 19 Touch)
HP: 56/56
CMB: +7 CMD: 29 (+9/31 vs Grapple)
Fort: +10 Reflex: +07 Will: +16

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (8/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (07/07)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (08/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Divine Favor, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Could I get the results of Fury's attack? Did he hit? Did it appear to do damage? I notice the damage total for number 3 didn't change...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
GM: @GlassEye Doh, my bad. Fury's attack was a hit and it did damage, but it was not nearly as effective as his previous strike. The construct is still up. Fixing the post now.

@Mowgli You're correct. I didn't bother to look it up, since I figured (a) you'd correct me if I was wrong and (b) what were the odds you were going to make an actual attack? Also, I'm not SK.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
(b) what were the odds you were going to make an actual attack? Also, I'm not SK.[/gm]

OOC: Slim, indeed! I've been toying with the idea, but the last round was the first I didn't have something better to do :D. My bad on the SK - brain's addled from being in an SK adventure with your character at the same time I'm in your adventure, I guess. The only thing that would make it worse would be if SK were to have a character in this adventure :eek:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury groans in a pained exhalation of breath as the construct strikes him. Luckily Breninyr is nearby and floods him with a healing that knits the lesser of his wounds though the rogue is still bleeding a bit from the other, more severe attack.

"Thanks, friend."

Fury again tries to pierce the construct with his rapier but the attack barely seems to affect the construct if at all. After the attack Fury steps back next to Bren to regroup and give Cythera a chance to get into the fray. He sheathes his sap with the feeling that the weapon wouldn't have done much good anyway.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Attack (w/Advice & Bless): 1d20+14=29 for 1d6+4=6 dmg.
5 ft. step to I5
Move: Sheath sap[/sblock]

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 6 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +11

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 64 Current: 32
CMB: +7 CMD: 23 Fort: +4 Ref: +14 Will: +6

In Hand: rapier
Effects/Conditions: Feather Step

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 1/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera's confidence in their progress is dashed after Fury almost gets himself killed. She steps in closer and continues to put arcane energy into her glaive.

Swinging the polearm, she tries again to reduce their numbers. She doesn't appear to be very consistent in her combat prowess.

"I guess I spoke too soon."

[sblock=Actions]Use Sensei Advice
Continue Arcane Strike
5ft Step to J9:
Full Attack on #1: Glaive 1st (Bless/PA/AS/SA/FF) (1d20+14=23, 1d10+18=22)
Glaive 2nd (Bless/PA/AS/SA/FF) (1d20+7=13, 1d10+18=22)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 76 Current: 76
CMB: +11 CMD: 26 (27 vs. Sundering) Fort: +8 Reflex: +9 Will: +8
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop, Bless, Sensei Advice (+1att/dmg)

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 12/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 3/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5(6) Reflex: +5(6) Will: +1(2)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Systole

First Post
The guardians continue to press their attacks on the wounded rogue, striking at him again, although the one nearest Cythera stays half-turned toward her.

Nevertheless, the guardians' attacks are vicious and powerful. Fury avoids two blows but not a third -- he manages to barely deflect a strike that would have brained him, but instead the weapon sinks into the meat of his shoulder.

Tomb_guardian_zps31ddb487.png

[sblock=Combat]Guardian 1: Step, fight defensively on Fury (crit threat but not confirmed - hit for 10. P.S. You're lucky it was fighting defensively).
Guardian 2: Step, full attack on Fury (miss, miss).
Guardian 3: Step, full attack on Fury (miss, miss).

Guardian 1: AC ??, uninjured, heavy pick/large shield in hand, fighting defensively.
Guardian 2: AC ??, uninjured, heavy pick/large shield in hand.
Guardian 3: AC ??, 24* + 12 damage (severely injured), heavy pick/large shield in hand.
Guardian 4: Vanquished.

*Highly effective damage. Actual damage is greater than the listed number.

Cythera: Bless, Sensei's Advice
Fury: 22/64, Bless, Feather Step, Sensei's Advice
Mowgli: Bless, Sensei's Advice
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
Gold_04_zpsc97f10a4.png
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Time to strike . . . I hope!

The priest holds his position and hammers a couple of blows at the injured enemy, hoping to thin the ranks just a bit.

"Cythera, behind Fury to prevent the flank!"

[sblock=Actions][/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 26 (23 Flat-Footed, 22 Touch)
HP: 56/56
CMB: +7 CMD: 29 (+9/31 vs Grapple)
Fort: +10 Reflex: +07 Will: +16

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (7/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (07/07)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (07/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Divine Favor, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera calls back, "Let me flank them instead and cover them all with my glaive. Then Fury can step back behind you."

OOC: I would like to know it #3 goes down before moving to set up the flank for Fury. Thinking to move to either L6 or L7
[sblock=Actions]Delay[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8

AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 76 Current: 76
CMB: +11 CMD: 26 (27 vs. Sundering) Fort: +8 Reflex: +9 Will: +8
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop, Bless, Sensei Advice (+1att/dmg)

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 12/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 3/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5(6) Reflex: +5(6) Will: +1(2)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Remove ads