[LPF] Fury Steps In

GlassEye

Adventurer
While that fear is a still there Fury is also beginning to feel that 'jangle' that heralds less than wise action.

"I don't give a :):):):) about the Krakens and I certainly wasn't asking about them. If you want a little tongue action go find yourself a girl, I ain't interested."

[sblock=Actions/OOC]Move: --
Standard: --[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 3 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +8

AC: 20 (15 touch; 15 flat-footed)
HP: 40 Current: 38
CMB: +5 CMD: 20 Fort: +2 Ref: +11 Will: +4

In Hand:

Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
The half-orc's eyes grow wide at the insult, although Fury also catches the faintest hint of a smile - the conversation seems to have ended up where his antagonizer had hoped all along - in the instant before the half-orc bellows, and kicks Fury's stool out from underneath him. Fury lands on his back, hard; from this position, he sees the half-orc draw his sword, and he can hear the screams of surprise rise up from the Lass' employees, including an extremely unlady-like wail from Bonita, who cowers back towards the bar.

[sblock=OOC]Half-orc: Trip Fury (successful), draw weapon. Fury is prone.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
fair-lass.png
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Pinioned between the wall and the angry half-orc Fury has little choice but to expose himself to the orc's attacks as he tries to stand.

[sblock=Actions/OOC]Is that all the space I have to maneuver in? Pretty grim. Fury (Rogue/Bard) vs. Angry Orc Fighter... we might need to change the name of the adventure to 'Fury Checks Out'. lol

Move: stand up from prone (provokes AoO)
Standard: draw rapier[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 3 / Bard 2

In Hand:

Qik

First Post
Fury watches from his back as the half-orc brings his blade down with both hands; at the last moment, he's able to roll to one side and avoid the blow. As the half-orc yanks his sword loose from the floor boards, Fury manages to scramble up, draw his weapon, and gather his wits about him just enough to dodge the half-orc's next attack, which sends splinters flying as it buries itself into the bar. Bonita screams once more and runs from the melee, knocking over some of her frailer employees in the process.

[sblock=OOC]Yeah - I couldn't really imagine the inside of the building being wider than 15 feet, and you had positioned yourself at the bar, which is effectively "off-screen." If you want to try jumping on/behind it, let me know, and I'll add it to the map - it would be one square of bar behind Fury, then one square of behind-bar, and then wall.

Don't worry - his bark may be worse than his bite, he was pretty fortunate on his trip roll. There's plenty of fight left. :)

He missed on both the AoO and his attack. Same map as last time, only Bonita is no longer there.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
fair-lass.png
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury's eyes narrow. He didn't want this fight but he's not backing away from it either. He also doesn't like being pushed up against the bar but it's better than having his back exposed to whatever friends the half-orc might have.

"Still time for you to back away..."

Before he's even finished speaking Fury is shifting his weight to draw the half-orc into defending himself from one direction while actually shifting the other. He thrusts his rapier at the half-orc's thigh but it isn't as exposed as he expected it might be and the attack slips harmlessly past.

[sblock=Actions/OOC]Ah, just paranoid player... Fury's made of sterner stuff. He likes to jump up on things (stone walls, tavern tables, sheep) but he'll stay off the bar for the moment. ;)

Move: Bluff to Feint: 1d20+9=13 13 vs. orc's BAB + Wis + 10 (or Sense Motive + 10). Probably a fail.
Standard: Attack: 1d20+9=13, 1d6+3=4, 2d6=8; hit AC 13 for 4 +8 SA. I'm guessing a miss.[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 3 / Bard 2

In Hand:

Qik

First Post
Fury's feint manages to draw the half-orc into shifting awkwardly. Even so, his opponent manages to avoid Fury's sword at the last moment. "That the best ya got?" he growls.

The half-orc lashes out with his foot in an attempt to hook Fury's leg and send him back to the ground, but Fury hops over it neatly, the leg passing by harmlessly underneath him.

[sblock=OOC]Fury's feint was actually a success; the attack still misses, though. The half-orc attempts another trip and misses.

FYI, his stats of note are: AC 18 (15 FF), Feint DC 13

No change to the map.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
A sly smile creeps across Fury's face and he winks at the half-orc. It's a lot easier to be, well, Fury when the half-orc isn't looming over him... Or not looming as much as before.

"I thought, since you like boys, that you might want to dance a little first. But I see you want to get down and dirty right away."

From the balls of his feet Fury rapidly shifts his weight back and forth. When he's sure the half-orc is good and confused he stabs again with his rapier. Unfortunately, his overconfidence has betrayed him again and the blade passes harmlessly past his opponent.

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
Move: Bluff to Feint: 1d20+9=25 25 vs. orc's DC 13
Standard: Attack: 1d20+9=14, 1d6+3=9, 2d6=3; vs. AC 18 = miss[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 3 / Bard 2

In Hand: rapier

Qik

First Post
Enraged, the half-orc bellows and tries to catch Fury with his sword while he's over-extended. Fury's too fast, however, and he rights himself once again without a nick. The half-orc glowers as he considers his next move.

[sblock=OOC]Both misses. Your go.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury honestly doesn't want to fight the half-orc but sometimes he just can't help himself. He chalks it up to a poor upbringing.

"There's no profit to either of us in this fight. We can still stop it and go our own ways."

To show he means what he says Fury will hold his attack while he assesses the half-orc's intent. He is ready, however, should the half-orc decide to press on.

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
Standard: Ready action to Attack if the half-orc makes an attack: 1d20+9=20, 1d6+3=9, 2d6=7; vs. AC 18/15 = 9 dmg. (disregard SA dmg, please)
Move: -- vs. orc's DC 13
[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 3 / Bard 2

In Hand: rapier

Qik

First Post
"Shoulda thoughta that before you started pokin' your nose into others' business," snarls the half-orc. As he brings his sword around for another swing, Fury flicks out his rapier, catching his opponent off guard and opening a wound down his right side. Grunting in exertion once again, the half-orc retaliates, managing to sink his blade deeply into Fury's shoulder.

[sblock=OOC]I commend Fury's attempts to reason with even the most unreasonable. ;)

Fury's attack hits, opening a decent wound. The half-orc hits for 9 damage, bringing Fury to 29.[/sblock]

Remove ads