[LPF] Fury Steps In

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury snorts. The fellow is relentless; I'll give him that.

"You are the one stepping between a man and his woman. Even if you were inclined to flee my superior prowess I don't think I could honorably let you go without some sort of reprimand."

Fury steps to the side whipping his rapier across his body to give himself a little rotation to present his side (and, theoretically, a narrower target) and to distract his opponent. When the move is complete and the half-orc's attention distracted Fury lunges and grunts with satisfaction as he feels the thin blade slide into the half-orc's heavy muscle.

"Wait, was that your spleen?"

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
Move: Bluff to Feint: 1d20+9=19 19 vs. orc's DC 13
Standard: Attack: 1d20+9=26, 1d6+3=7, 2d6=7; vs. AC 18/15 = 14 dmg.[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 3 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +8

AC: 20 (15 touch; 15 flat-footed)
HP: 40 Current: 29
CMB: +5 CMD: 20 Fort: +2 Ref: +11 Will: +4

In Hand: rapier

Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
The half-orc clutches at his side momentarily, and Fury can tell that he's been mortally wounded. And not just by the verbal barbs.

Refusing to engage in the witty repartee, the half-orc simply grunts and kicks out once again, attempting to trip Fury up. Fury manages to step his target leg up neatly, and the half-orc's foot accomplishes nothing more than putting a sizable dent into the bar.

[sblock=OOC]Nice shot; he's quite wounded, now. Hopefully you don't kill him in the next round. ;)

Nice one about "your woman," too. :D[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Damned orc-bloods," mutters Fury. "Don't have sense to keel over proper when skewered like normal men."

Fury has seen plenty of killing wounds and this one looks pretty bad. He shakes his head but keeps his blade flicking back and forth to discourage the half-orc from further attacks as he waits out the inevitable collapse.

[sblock=Actions/OOC]Ah, well, Fury's all about the audience. What good are snappy dialogue and killer moves if there's no one to ooh and ah over them? Except he's going to have to pay the piper sooner or later and I don't know if his stomach is strong enough for that. I mean, he's no Borric. lol

Move: --
Standard: total defense: +4 AC (now AC 24)[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 3 / Bard 2

Qik

First Post
The half-orc's grayish-green skin turns red with rage at Fury's comment on his heritage. Whilst Fury continues to whirl his sword defensively, his opponent leans over, grasps the overturned stool that Fury had been sitting on, and sweeps it deftly in Fury's direction. Fury's sword is of little use against the object, but he manages to leap over it and keep to his feet.

The half-orc hurls the stool in frustration, and it breaks into pieces against the bar to Fury's right.

[sblock=OOC]Post edited: trip misses, Fury's up.[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]The bonus from total defense is a dodge bonus and dodge bonuses do add to CMD. If that makes a difference to the outcome.[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Ah - that's what I get for not being thorough in my reading.

In that case, the trip attempt fails. I'll edit my post to reflect that a little later, but just wanted you to know.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Thanks, Qik. It may take me a level or two to achieve but you've convinced me Fury needs a method to mitigate the effects of prone/being tripped.[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]It would never work mechanically, but my first thought nevertheless is Monkey Style: the thought of Fury writhing on the ground, flailing out lethally, brings a smile to my face.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Wow, that feat rocks! Now I wanna play a Monkey-style Vanara monk...

For Fury I was thinking the rogue talent: Ki Pool and then the feat Ki Stand. The main problem here being Fury's low wisdom means he'd have the minimum pool of 1. Gets him up faster but unless he wants a one-shot ability it would still have an AoO.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury wonders if maybe he overestimated the severity of the wound. He fully expected the half-orc to have collapsed by now. Perhaps he'll just have to help him along. Continuing his defensive maneuvers Fury draws his sap with his off-hand.

[sblock=Actions/OOC]

Move: draw sap
Standard: total defense: +4 AC (now AC 24)[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 3 / Bard 2

Remove ads