[LPF] Greener is the Grass

GlassEye

Community Supporter
DM: GlassEye
Judge: ?
Start date: 8/30/2012
End date: 4/10/2013

Heroes:
Denizel (ScorpiusRisk) -- withdrew 1 Mar 2013
-- 8131 starting xp
Maui/Taniwah (jbear)
-- 5141 starting xp
Sylla/Boots (Systole)
-- 8131 starting xp
Vincenzo (Scott DeWar)
-- 5071 starting xp

[sblock=Leveling expectations]I'll keep close track of encounter xp and time-based xp using Mowgli's Adventure Tracker. I will periodically post an image of the excel sheet so that you can advance any levels gained as soon as you have enough xp to do so, though if that comes in the middle of an encounter leveling will need to wait until the encounter is completed.

This is a medium length adventure. Depending on posting rates, etc. some of you, possibly all of you, will reach 5th level by the end.[/sblock]
[sblock=Adventure Tracking/XP]


[/sblock][sblock=Treasury]1 - (Swoop Lizards): none
2 - (Murder of Crows): silver icon of Rasuim (50 gp), Rundain wagons (2) (200 gp ea.), Ring of Spell Knowledge 1 (1,500 gp), assorted small gems (350 gp). Total = 2,300
3 - (Stokennor challenge): none
4 - (Juhelos & companion): +1 Leather Lamellar (1,210 gp); MW composite longbow (Str +4) (800 gp); +1 obsidian dagger (2,301 gp); +1 Ring of Protection (2,000 gp); Blood Reservoir of Physical Prowess (2,000 gp); Potions: Cure Light Wounds x4 (200 gp). Coins: 489; [Total value: 9000 gp]
5 - (Bison): none
[Total: 11,300 gp]
--- Total (expected) encounter award, divided four ways: 12,400 gp; 3,100 gp each.

6 - (Bandit scouts): Horse, light (combat trained) (110 gp); saddle (10 gp); saddlebags (2 gp); bit & bridle (2 gp) [124 gp total value] x8 = 992 gp; composite longbow (100 gp); 20 arrows (1 gp), x8 = 808 gp. Assorted coins, gear & loot (500 gp) [Total value: 2300 gp]
7 - (Bandit camp): Horse, light (combat trained) (110 gp); saddle (10 gp); saddlebags (2 gp); bit & bridle (2 gp) [124 gp total value] x8 = 992 gp; composite longbow (100 gp); 20 arrows (1 gp), x8 = 808 gp. Assorted coins, gear & plunder (3,200 gp) [Total value: 5000 gp]
[Total: 7,300 gp]
--- Total (expected) encounter award, divided three ways: 7,300 gp; 2,434 gp each.
Job completion - 500 gp each (counted in unawarded encounter treasure & TBG)

Total encounter award/person (Maui, Sylla, Vincenzo): 5,534 gp; (Denizel): 3,100
TBG:
-Maui: 11,242 gp [Encounter (5,534) + TBG (5,708)]
-Sylla: 12,675 gp [Encounter (5,534) + TBG (7,141)]
-Vincenzo: 11,122 gp [Encounter (5,534) + TBG (5,588)]
-Denizel: 5,503 gp [Encounter (3,100) + TBG (5,503) = 8,603][/sblock][sblock=Adventure Rules]* Initiative, saving throws, and perception rolls will be made for the players by the GM if it moves the adventure along quickly. Otherwise, players will roll their own dice.

* Dice rollers can be Invisible Castle or the EnWorld on-line dice roller for the players. The GM will use his own dice at home or an on-line random number generator.

* Any absences for longer than 2-3 days should be communicated to the GM. In general, please try to post 3x/week. Players who consistently slow down the game will be removed, at GM's discretion. Note: I am generally not available from Friday evening to Saturday evening, Central US time.

* All characters need an appropriate character picture, head-shot preferably, for token on the tactical grids.

* A mini-stat spoiler block that includes a link to your character sheet will be required in every IC post. Please spoilerblock OOC posts and discussions.

[sblock=Example Mini Stats]Sylla the Grim
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 22/22
CMB: +4 CMD: 18
Fort: +1 Reflex: +4 Will: +3
Perception: +2
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: Spear (Light)
Current Conditions in Effect: Guidance, Resistance
Spells Remaining (1st): 0


Boots
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 29/29
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (21 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +6 (Scent)
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor[/sblock][/sblock]
 
Last edited:

GlassEye

Community Supporter
[MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION], [MENTION=41601]ScorpiusRisk[/MENTION], [MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION], [MENTION=93930]Systole[/MENTION]

Martna. Small port city on the mighty Ouhm River and, once a year, site of the largest horse fair in the Landadel Baronies and the grasslands of the Pell combined. The horse market and camps arrayed around the city more than quadruple Martna’s population as Pellmen and Goti bring their horses to Martna to trade with the merchants and noblemen from the Landadel Baronies seeking the reknowned mounts of the Pell.

It was Martna’s horse fair that brought a certain four adventurers:

Maui and Vincenzo escorted a corpulent merchant with visions of increasing the girth of his money belt all the way south from the Ducado de Atiradore. Was it Maui’s fault that the merchant’s fringed robe brought out the cub in Taniwah?

Denizel was hired by an obscenely wealthy nobleman to serve as the man’s herald, master of ceremonies, and protocol officer. The nobleman’s wife had other duties in mind. Her blatantly obvious interest in the bard went far beyond obsession and was, unfortunately, not something the nobleman could ignore.

Weeks of listening to the non-stop chatter of her merchant employer and Sylla was ready to draw a knife across her own throat just to get away from it.

And so, a week after the horse market has closed four adventurers recently hailing from lands north sit, unemployed, in the long, massive-timbered hall of the Hidden Clearing. Packed to the rafters every night for a week during the horse-trading, tonight, now that the merchants have returned to their northern countries with strings of horses soon to be resold, now that the sundry knights and nobles have selected the finest of hunters and war-trained steeds and returned to their keeps and castles, now that the Pellmen have returned to their stone hill-forts and the Goti have resumed their wandering the grass, the number of revelers in the feast hall is greatly diminished.

Despite the fewer numbers the feast hall is still fairly full though mostly with local residents and bargemen from the river traffic. The luxury of elbow-room, pockets full of foreign gold, and less stress have most everyone in high spirits. A feisty young serving woman with a sharp wit whose name you have gleaned from the chatter is Genevieve stops at your table, arches one brow as she examines the two empty bottles on the table top, and props one hand on her hip.

”Another bottle?”

[sblock=OOC]First of all, if you are in the Dunn Wright Inn please extract yourself. Sorry, I’m going to leave how you do so up to you rather than forcing a recruitment in a location where it really doesn’t make sense to me.

Just a little scene so everyone can check in and we can get started. You can be sitting together or not, whatever your preferences; it doesn’t matter to starting the adventure.

After two weeks or so of living and looking for work in Martna your characters would be familiar with the information in Martna’s entry on the wiki. Feel free to review it.

It is my hope that we’ll be able to keep things moving at a decent pace so if it is your habit to rely on the subscription service and email notifications (which breaks with predictable regularity) I would recommend you just check in every day or so instead. Thanks, and I’m looking forward to this![/sblock]
 

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"So Maui, what has the great jungle kitten have to say for him self? has he found any more robe fringes to chase?" As Genevieve arreves Vincenzo smiles and says,"Skirts are far more fun to chase. Yes, another bottle, please Genevieve, Thank you."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Vincenzo
AC: 18 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch) (+ variances)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+ variances)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: +1 ivory handled Rapier
Current Conditions in Effect: none
33D3DD
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Systole

Community Supporter
An elven woman and a black, unnatural looking wolf sit in the corner of the Hidden Clearing by themselves. "Can I have a beer?" the wolf asks.

"No."

"Can I have a chicken wing?"

"No."

"Can we play fetch?"

"No."

The darkwolf considers a moment and tries an entirely new tack. "Can I have a beer ... please?"

The elf grits her teeth. "No."

Boots pouts. "You know, the merchant guy used to feed me. And he paid you, which you like, right? He wasn't that bad. I don't know why we quit, because sitting around here is bo-o-o-oring."

"Quiet."

"And I'm just sayin' ... we know those guys over there. From Venza and stuff. We could talk to them, maybe ask them for beer."

"Boots ... we quit because the merchant wouldn't shut up. Do you understand? Are there any parallels you might draw between that situation and this one?"

"Yes," the darkwolf says. "Well ... maybe. Uhm, probably not? Wait, what was the question again?"

Sylla makes a growling noise and resumes picking at her food irritably.
[sblock=Mini Stats]

Sylla the Grim
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 28/28
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
Perception: +4, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Remaining (1st): 4
Spells Remaining (2nd): 2

Boots
AC: 18 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 29/29
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (22 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +6, Darkvision 60', Scent
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
Current Conditions in Effect: None [/sblock]
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Qik

GlassEye

Community Supporter
A drunk at the table next to Sylla's who has spent the last half hour face down and snoring on the table raises his head and looks blearily around. His forehead and the left side of his face is reddened from where it rested across his arm and the hair on the left side of his head is mussed and the ends sticky where they trailed in a puddle of beer.

"Fer som'un who don' like yammerin' there be..."

He trails off as he realizes that one of the persons speaking isn't a person at all. He blinks rapidly as if trying to dispel a drunken figment.

"Oh, gods..."

Quietly repeating his plea to the gods the drunk clumsily extracts himself from the bench in exaggerated slowness and starts to weave his way through tables and other revelers to the nearest exit leaving his half full mug of warm beer sitting on the table.
 

Systole

Community Supporter
"Are you gonna drink that?" the wolf asks. He looks around furtively, and then says out of the corner of his mouth in a deepened voice that could not possibly fool anyone, "No, help yourself, pal." In his usual voice, he replies, "Hey, thanks, buddy! Don't mind if I do!"

The darkwolf puts his front paws on the table, sticks his muzzle straight down into the mug, and begins happily slurping away at the flat, leftover beer.
[sblock=Mini Stats]

Sylla the Grim
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 28/28
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
Perception: +4, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Remaining (1st): 4
Spells Remaining (2nd): 2

Boots
AC: 18 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 29/29
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (22 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +6, Darkvision 60', Scent
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
Current Conditions in Effect: None [/sblock]
 

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Maui, Think you can teach Tanawa, er I mean King Tanawa, to talk like that wolf!?"

Then it hits Vincenzo - The wolf is Talking . . . . .and his jaw drops.


[sblock=Mini Stats]Vincenzo
AC: 18 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch) (+ variances)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+ variances)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: +1 ivory handled Rapier
Current Conditions in Effect: none
33D3DD
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

jbear

Villager
Maui is only half listening to Vincenzo as he has been thoroughly distracted by the delightful Genivieve since she playfully punched him in the face earlier in the night and bloodied his nose. "Hrmmm? Oh ... Taniwha? He says that now I can talk to him I can take te talking stick and stick it in te land of dark. I'm not sure what he meant but he says he's not talking to me until I give him all te buffalo milk I always promise but never give him."

With a dreamy sigh he watches Genivieve swagger away. His head seems to sway in rhythm with her hips. "A bottle or a baby ..." he mutters to himself. His head then snaps around as what Vincenzo has just said finally reaches his brain. "What wolf? You can hear te animals talking too? Did you buy te magic stick?" Maui's gaze falls upon the elf and his wolf watching them now with attention. Taniwha, curled at Maui's feet seems to sense his attention focus and sits up ears pricked up, tail twitching in annoyance.

[sblock=OOC] Sorry! I don't know how I missed the summons! Here now! I'll hunt down Maui's mini stat block and post it up soon.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
[http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Maui_(jbear1979) Maui]
Initiative: +2
AC: 19
HP: 29 Current: 29
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +5

Conditions:

In Hand: Scimitar +1: +7; 1d6+5 (Crit: 18-29/x2)
and Heavy Shield


Spells: Orisons: Create Water, Guidance, Light, Virtue
1st: CLWx2, Obscuring Mist
2nd: Barkskin, Bull's Strength

Wand of CLW Uses: 16/16
Wand of Magic Fang: 50/50
Wand of Speak with Animals: 50/50
Potions: CLW 2/2
Flasks: Holy Water 2/2

Taniwha
Initiative: +7
AC: 21
HP: 23 Current: 23
CMB: Trip/Disarm +8 CMD: 20 (24 vs Trip) Fort: +4 Reflex: +10 Will: +2

Conditions:

Bite: +10; 1d4+1 special: Trip
2x Claws: +10; 1d2+1
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo to Maui

"That wolf there, I heard him say he was wanting a beer, to that elf. And no, I didn't use a talky stick to hear him either." whispers Vincenzo.


[sblock=Mini Stats]Vincenzo
AC: 18 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch) (+ variances)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+ variances)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: +1 ivory handled Rapier
Current Conditions in Effect: none
33D3DD
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

jbear

Villager
"Te brown water? Te wolf?" Maui is obviously impressed. He looks down at Taniwha and with an accusatory finger he growls "Finding te brown water would be much easier than te buffalo milk you know!"

Maui gets up, slapping Vincenzo on the shoulder as if to say 'come on'. He then walks over and sits down next to the talking wolf and his elf companion without invitation. He stares at them quite rudely, though the rudeness is borne not out of malice but rather intense curiosity. Eventually he asks the elf "How did you teach te wolf to like te Brown Water? Not even I like te Brown Water?"
 

ScorpiusRisk

Villager
Denizel comes down the stairs with a large smile on his face and a certain amount of swagger. Gone is his tabbard that marked him as the herald of another. Now with his fine clothes and gleaming breastplate, he looked more like a young noble who forgot to go home after the fair. As if attended by invisible servants, the edge of his shirt is tucked in and brush floats through the air and into his his hair.

As the adventurers move about the tavern his attention is drawn to Sylla, which lessens his smile for a moment, until he spies his travelling companion near by.

"Boots! My good man, have you had a beer yet?!"

[sblock=Denizel, Level 4 Bard/Oracle]Denizel
AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 26 Current: 26
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +8
Speed: 20'

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

+1 Longsword: +5, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
+1 Crossbow: +5, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 32 Bolts
Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

Key Skills: Bluff +14, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +11, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +11, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +7, Spellcraft +6

Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/4
Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 6/6
Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
maybe a rank or two is needed in diplomacy maui.

Vincenzo stands, but does not approach the unnatural wolf, not sure how long its been since it has eaten. "Uh Maui, you may not want to get too . . . . " His words are cut short as his adventuring friend simply and boldly walks up to the table, then facepalms at what the jungle warrior says.

[color=33D3D]"oh, by the gods . . . . *siigghh*"[/COLOR]


[sblock=Mini Stats]Vincenzo
AC: 18 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch) (+ variances)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+ variances)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: +1 ivory handled Rapier
Current Conditions in Effect: none
33D3DD
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Systole

Community Supporter
Sylla stares in disbelief at the wild man who invites himself to her table. It's clearly a situation that is not going to end well, but Maui's sheer effrontery has temporarily rendered her practically speechless. "You ... you're asking me about ... a drink?"

The wolf hops off the table, knocking over the empty stein, and trots over to his mistress' side. "Did someone mention beer?"

The elf is organizing her thoughts for a scorching reply when Denizel appears. "Only a half of one," Boots replies to him. "It was very pie-quaint. I was hoping to sample some more of their selections, though. To see if it's all as pie-quaint as the first one."

Sylla twitches and stands up. "Fancy meeting you here," she says to Denizel, flatly. "Excuse me while I visit the ladies' room. But Boots is thirsty, and this ... gentleman has no end of questions for you, I'm sure." She indicates Maui. To the druid she adds, "This is Denizel. I invite you to talk to him."

Without a further word, she turns on her heel and stalks away toward the bathrooms, leaving the eidolon behind.[sblock=Mini Stats]

Sylla the Grim
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 28/28
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
Perception: +4, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Remaining (1st): 4
Spells Remaining (2nd): 2

Boots
AC: 18 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 29/29
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (22 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +6, Darkvision 60', Scent
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
Current Conditions in Effect: None [/sblock]
 

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"See Maui, the wolf talks! I am not imagining it!" then a moment later, "regretfully."


[sblock=Mini Stats]Vincenzo
AC: 18 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch) (+ variances)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+ variances)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: +1 ivory handled Rapier
Current Conditions in Effect: none
33D3DD
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

GlassEye

Community Supporter
As Sylla is leaving the Hidden Clearing in search of the latrines a short man, at least half a foot shorter than the elf, snags her sleeve with his fingers. There is a look of dawning recognition on the man's face that catches Sylla's attention; especially since she doesn't recall having ever seen this man before.

The man's hair is his most defining characteristic: it is a thick mane, wavy and dark. He also has a trimmed strip of hair on his chin and a curled moustache. He wears a cassock of foreign make belted with a voluminous sash yellow in color.

"Ho ho! Kazimir perceives we have found our 'wolf's mistress, death'. Though I see no wolf. No, wait..."

Behind the man, and the recipient of his comments, is a dour looking woman Sylla's equal in height, thickly muscled and by Sylla's judgement, maybe a stone's weight shy of doubling the elf's weight. The woman is clad in well-worn and well cared for leather armor, carries a sword at her side, and wears a cloak with a wide trim along the bottom hem dyed the same yellow as the man's sash.

"Lady, the Bright One has delivered us into your presence. If you would forestall your departure a moment, we have a proposition for you."

The arrival of the two in the feast hall is noticed by those nearby and a low muttering begins to rise.

"Pah! God's cursed cult!"

"Wha? Whozat, now?"

"Shoulda done 'em like we done to those Owbej worshipers."

"Tha Helerion types ain't so bad."


_
-- - Captain Threws - --_ - - Kazimir the Lion - -
 

Systole

Community Supporter
Coming on the heels of the wild man's unwanted appearance at her table, the lion-haired man's overly familiar approach sets Sylla quivering with barely surpressed rage. "You will remove your hand from me ... now," she growls. Sylla examines the pair briefly, then addresses the woman, in whom she sees something like a kindred spirit. "Your pet," she says, as evenly as she can manage, "what does he want?"
[sblock=Mini Stats]

Sylla the Grim
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 28/28
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
Perception: +4, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Remaining (1st): 4
Spells Remaining (2nd): 2

Boots
AC: 18 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 29/29
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (22 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +6, Darkvision 60', Scent
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
Current Conditions in Effect: None [/sblock]
 

jbear

Villager
"Yes. I am asking ..."

Maui is left at the table blinking around in confusion as the elf leaves and the talking wolf arrives and begins a conversation with the man who had swaggered down the stairs.

He eyes up Denizel with suspicion, though his gaze keeps falling back on the talking wolf. Finally, he nods to Vincenzo knowingly as if to say, 'don't worry, I've worked out what is going on here.' (Which of course he hasn't).

"Okay. Denizel. This is your wolf then. So how did you teach it to drink te Brown Water. My Taniwha is always asking for te Buffalo Milk. Not easy to find. But te Brown Water is in every Heroe's Hall. I have a magic stick to talk to te animals. I am thinking you have a magic stick that you used on your wolf to make him talk. So ... did you use a magic stick to make him like te Brown Water? Because it tastes pretty bad and makes te belly fat with te rotten air. Or do you have another trick?"
 

ScorpiusRisk

Villager
"Ha!" Denizel lets out a loud laugh and starts to give Maui a good slap on the shoulder and then stops, deciding he'd rather not touch the man. "Boots is now of of mine, but a fine companion. Fact is I'm not sure wolf is even a proper term at all. I think that Sylla was putting you on when-"

At mentioning the elf, Denizel's eyes rise to follow her trail, and he spots her and two others outside the door. He did not like the look on Sylla's face at all, and grows quite serious.

"Boots. Let's say I owe you a drink. I think we should be prepared for a fight." Denizel's hand resets on the hilt of his sword, though he does not draw. For a moment his eyes flash as if glowing with their own light.

[sblock=Denizel, Level 4 Bard/Oracle]Denizel
AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 26 Current: 26
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +8
Speed: 20'

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

+1 Longsword: +5, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
+1 Crossbow: +5, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 32 Bolts
Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

Key Skills: Bluff +14, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +11, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +11, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +7, Spellcraft +6

Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/4
Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 6/6
Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
[/sblock]
 

GlassEye

Community Supporter
The man snatches his hand back in startlement at Sylla's ferocity and draws a deep breath to retort. The woman, however, reaches over and flicks the back of his head with a thick fingertip effectively cutting off his reply.

"Kazimir, how 'bout you go look for the others."

The warrior-woman waits a moment while the man, called Kazimir apparently, comes to the realization that he was only moments away from violence. He nods abruptly, starts to walk off, and shoots a puzzled look back at Sylla.

The woman watches Sylla the whole time that Kazimir is making his departure and once he has finally stepped away she continues. "Kazimir relys overmuch on his words." She shrugs dismissively, clearly putting the little man behind her as if he is no longer relevant to her current situation. "Our Lady has work for you, if you're interested." She stops waiting for some response from Sylla.

Meanwhile, Kazimir strolls deeper into the hall ignoring the mumbling from the local patrons. Catching sight of a cluster of men standing around a table and one in particular looking his way, even watching him, his stroll transforms into a saunter and he boldly approaches the men. Since Denizel seems to be giving him the most attention he stops in front of him and locks eyes.

"Venzan? Kazimir thinks you are a long way from home, eh? My name, as you may have surmised, is Kaz..." He catches sight of Boots and cuts off in mid-speech. "A wolf?! Ho ho! So I was right!" He turns a more searching gaze on the others, noting Taniwah next to Maui and Vincenzo's ivory-hilt rapier and nodding in pleasure as he does so. " 'Man of beasts', 'white-blade wielder' " He turns his grin back to Denizel. "The Bright One would be too generous if you were the 'voice of voices', eh? But never doubt the gods, Kazimir always says! So, would you be interested in gainful employment?"

_
-- - Captain Threws - --_ - - Kazimir the Lion - -
 

Advertisement

Top