[LPF] In Love and Death

GlassEye

Adventurer
After the constant commotion of battle, walking dead and manifestation of a ghost, the silence of the mausoleum is just a bit eery. Regardless, Yoshiki sees nothing immediately threatening and when he looks in the sarcophagus can see the corpse lying peacefully there. Looking closely he can tell that it is the same face as the ghost that they just saw manifest and disappear in a watery burst. He thinks he hears a plaintive whisper, "The sea, the sea..." but it fades away, if he even heard it at all.

Zelena looks around for other rooms or passageways and finds none although she is certain that if any existed she would have found them. Considering the debris and offensive smell in the room it is fairly clear that Efrem has been living here for some weeks.

CootaR

First Post
ouch

Krag stands up shakily, using his greatsword as a makeshift cane.

Krag's body am real sore, I have healy potions in bag tho. Maybe Krag will wait.

The big halforc stretches his back out popping several vertebrae back into position.

Krag wished he brought Dharma his ox-psuedo mount.

Krag can carry him backs probably.

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 3)

Yo mumbles to himself, "The sea... what sea?"

Knowledge(Local), are there any seas nearby that the ghost and the whispers he heard could be referring to?

Has the half-orcs are repositioning their backs, Yoshiki says out loud, "Call me crazy, but I think Efrem's wants a burial at sea."

Songdragon

Explorer
"Let us be off to the Lady then." Zelena says to the others as she starts up the stairs.

Looking back at Yo, "Venza is on the coast, the sea is not too far. I am not sure how far from these estates though."

(( Know: Geography to orient our position with where the coast is... 1d20+2=3 nevermind... the battle must have rattled the poor gnome something fierce ))

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"There are seas of blood behind the flesh veil of the Court of Agony..." Kanli mutters, barely keeping himself together as he ascends out of the tomb. "Ow... The Court of Agony has seen fit to attend to the issue of the Dissembler of Shape in my bones. Let's just get out of here and back to the Moretti house.... And take a bath..."

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Venza is built on islands; the sea literally surrounds it. It took you three days by wagon heading inland (E-NE) to the Moretti estate from Venza, or, about 36 miles. Your characters just traveled it so you don't really need Knowledge checks to know that much.[/sblock]

The mausoleum is quiet as the four of you make your way up the stairs carrying Efrem and whatever loot you decide to take with you. The light from the open door is bright and sharp as a knife cutting into the dark interior of the mausoleum and nearly blinding you. Once outside and adjusted to bright light again you see the sun hasn't even reached its high point yet.

Starting up the hill towards the Moretti house you see a figure waits at the edge of the graveyard. Stoic as ever, Fusto looks you over and gives you a grudging nod of respect. He points to the bundled up Efrem.

"Dead?" He snorts at his own momentary lack of observation. "S'pose not or you wouldna needed to tie 'im." He nods again and turns towards the house letting you follow along behind.

Before you reach the house the door opens and Lady Moretti comes out. Clearly, if not Lady Moretti then someone has been keeping watch on the way up to the house from the graveyard. She takes a few steps towards you then hesitates, clasping her hands together in anxious anticipation and worry.

"Is he...?"

deisenhut

First Post

Looking at the lady, Yo says, "Alive, ma'am. But very dangerous. I don't know what kind of rehabilitation you have planned, but don't feel any pity for him or give him any chances or he'll take advantage of it. He'll probably be waiting up in a few hours." Glancing back at the bound necromancer and the half-orc helping Yo carry him, "Where do you want him?" he says to the Lady.

After some pause and waiting for others to speak first, Yo asks, "His wife that passed away, did she have any fascination or association with the sea?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Lady Moretti directs you to place him in an empty storage room lacking windows and with only one entrance. Once you have Efrem inside the room she locks the door and leads you to the kitchen where she questions you at length about what you experienced. She also looks at your wounds though her skill at healing is inadequate to do more than clean the wounds and bandage them. A young girl, a kitchen servant, provides food and drink should you want it.

She looks troubled but answers Yoshiki's question. "Mitra was a priestess of Dessano, the god of storms. She was forever traveling back to Venza and her home temple. She loved the sea and she and Efrem argued about it constantly. Efrem wanted to be a country lord and Mitra wanted to live next to the sea."

Songdragon

Explorer
The gnome warns the noble woman, "Please, be careful with your brother, he is a cleric of some evil deity. The forces he channeled and the deeds he performed, lead us to knowing this with certainty." ((BTW did Efrem have a holy symbol?))

Zelena pauses, "Within your family's crypt, we encountered the spirit of Mitra, she is the one who mentioned the sea. Might we suggest, that her remains be moved to the temple of Dessano in Venza, so that they might better lay her spirit to rest?" (( Diplomacy 1d20+10=25 ))

"Lastly, might we trouble you for an evenings rest? The battle that ensued within the crypt, was most draining. We can depart in the morning." Zelana asks of the Lady.

deisenhut

First Post

Yoshiki nods as Zelena speaks, agreeing with the gnome's statements. "I am not injured, just a little exhausted. I can keep guard on him for part of the night as we shouldn't leave him alone. In the morning, we can assist with transporting him and Mitra's body. Though I don't think they should go together."

Remove ads