[LPF] Kaedyn's Quest

sunshadow21

Explorer
attachment.php

"That would be the best course of action. I'll just wait in here until you get the dust settled."

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, rangerish human ninja

Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

[sblock=ooc]@soulnova, don't forget Damaris gets a +20 to her stealth check for being invisible (while moving. +40 when she's stationary).[/sblock]

"Talking sounds like a good start, but I wouldn't go showing yourself just yet, Princess," Ru whispers back along the magical connection. "They don't have to see you to talk to you. If they're on our side, they can see from Tyrion and Lai Tai why you'd be cautious to blink in. And if you have to run, we know a little too well how much of a lifesaver transparency can be. Don't give it up until you're sure."

[sblock=ooc]As long as she doesn't actually attack, Damaris should be able to speak and stay invisible. Like Ru said, makes a reasonable backup to stay hidden until you have to not be. If she talks then shifts a bit, it should help her stay hidden with the invisible Stealth boost.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]

Ru Brike
AC: 19 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 15)
HP: 34/39

Initiative: +4
Perception: +7 (+8 Traps) Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +3
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)

Wakizashi: +8, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +6/+6, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +7, 1d6
Shuriken: +7, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Ranger's Focus (1/day)

Conditions:Message (with Damaris)

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Ki Pool: 0/3 remaining
Ranger's Focus: 1/1 remaining
Shuriken: 9/10 remaining
CLW Wand charges: 45/50 remaining

Used: 13 days' rations[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris.jpg

"Alright, wish me luck"

"Hello, please don't shoot, we are not looking for trouble, we already lost two of our friends here! I'm invisible at the moment that's why you can't see me, you would have to excuse that bit... I just want to make sure you won't attack right away like the gith did. They didn't gave us a chance to talk so you can imagine the situation was very ugly from the start. I'm guessing you also had problems with them. You might not know, but you ended up saving us after our warrior friends fell. We really wouldn't have a stand chance against them on our own... Thank you"

[sblock=Diplomacy]
Diplomacy Check +9 (+1 charming): 1D20+10 = [10]+10 = 20
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Damaris - Bard lvl 4
HP 34/34 (27+7 FL)
Init +4
AC 20 (24) + Invisible | Touch 15 | FF 16 (+4 TOTAL DEFENSE)
CMB+5 | CMD 19
Saves: F+2 | R+9 | W+4

Perception +6 | Sense Motive -1/9* (Versatile Performance) | Bluff 2/9* (Ver.Per) (+1 vs Males)
Diplomacy +9 (+1 vs males)

Masterwork Shortbow +8 (1d6)
Longsword +5 (1d8+3) (Two-handed)
Sling +7 (1d4+2)

Bardic Performance: 6/12 day

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Jolt, Mending, Mage Hand
Spells: Lvl1 Grease, Sleep, Timely Inspiration, Silent Image 4/day. lvl2 Invisibility, Pyrotechnics 2/day
Spell-like ability: Message 0/day.

Spells Used: Invisibilityx2

Combat Feats: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Arcane Strike

Consumables: Acid Flask(2/2), Alchemist Fire (2/2), Holy Water (2/2), Oil (2/2), Perfume, Firework Paper Candle (2), Vermin Repellent, Trial Rations (4), Normal Arrows (16).[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 13, 16:11 - In the Darkwood ~

Aleesha-Ranger_zpsb5d4486f.jpg
Jax-Barbarian_zps41bf9ee9.jpg
Delphina-Oracle_zpsc2474930.jpg

Startled by the suddenness of the voice coming from thin air, the three centaurs all looked in Damaris’s general direction.

The first to speak was Jax, “No fookin’ problem, we kilt da bastards except da one dat got away.”

Saying nothing, Aleesha had an arrow nocked, but left it pointed low as she looked carefully towards the place where the voice was coming from. Damaris could tell that the centaur archer’s eyes were searching, but had not pin-pointed her location.

Delphina cast a spell and then looked more directly at Damaris. Her voice was friendly as she said, “As I suspected, there were companions that survived. Relax yourselves,” she said to her companions. The archer slowly released the draw on her bow.

Turning back towards Damaris, the darker-skinned centaur continued, “We mean you no harm. We had been nearby and had learned of some evil ones in the forest and harassing Thornbury.”

“The elven mage was a good man, and we came to check on him. Only we discovered this tragedy too late to save those two warriors. We did avenge their deaths as best we could.”

“A winged fiend did escape into the air, calling down summoned creatures to harry our pursuit. We injured her, but unfortunately she still escaped. Though, I suspect she did not get too far.”

“Are you hurt? Have you seen Larsheil?”

[sblock=Tactical Map]
LPFKQEnc3Map07E_zps2b763eac.jpg
[/sblock][sblock=Combat Information]Party Status:
Code:
Ru:        34/39 HP remaining; 
Damaris:   34/27 HP remaining; False Life
Thuvian:   19/27 HP remaining; 
   Nora:   13/13 HP remaining;

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
  Ru: Ki Pool 2/3; Rngr Foc 0/1
  Damaris: Bard Pef 6/12; Spells 1st 0/4, 2nd 1/2;
  Thuvian: Dark 0/1; Blind Dark 0/7; Spells 1st 1/5, 2nd 2/4, 3rd 2/3
Conditions in effect: False Life(Dam)
[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris.jpg

Damaris listens carefully and whispers back to her friends: "I think it's safe"

"You mean the elven wizard? Sadly, yes... he lies murdered on the tree house. A real shame. We were to meet him, but I guess these creature got here first. The Church of Helerion had asked our assistance to come here and retrieve something that would help them fight their evil outsider foes. I believe that winged woman you speak of was one of the enemies they warned us about... A damned and resourceful hag that one..." Damaris sighs.

"Alright, I'm going to dispel my invisibility, although I believe your friend already knows where am I" she chuckles and shows herself where she stands.

jkason

First Post

Ru tenses as Damaris decides to become visible. His grip tightens on his twin blades, but he holds his ground to see the response from the centaurs.

sunshadow21

Explorer
attachment.php

Thuvian is alert but calm when the sound of combat doesn't immediately break out. He was fairly certain that if they hadn't attacked yet, than they weren't likely to as long as the party didn't do anything stupid, though the concern of how they would react to a friendly tiefling remained in the back of his mind.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 13, 16:11 - In the Darkwood ~

Aleesha-Ranger_zpsb5d4486f.jpg
Jax-Barbarian_zps41bf9ee9.jpg
Delphina-Oracle_zpsc2474930.jpg

The centaurs had not liked the news about the elven wizard being dead. The gruff warrior grumbled under his breath to the female archer in Sylvan.

Delphina looked sad at the news. “That is not surprising considering, but we had hoped otherwise.”

“I not of your church or the object you seek, but the winged fiend was carrying a bundle in one hand that she was quite insistent to carry. She did not try shooting arrows back at us from the sky.”

“You mentioned the evil outsiders are a problem for your Church? Are you from Thornbury? We have heard they are having some trouble from evil ones too. But these,”
she gestured around at the dead githyanki and tieflings, “are the first we have seen.”

[sblock=Tactical Map]
LPFKQEnc3Map07E_zps2b763eac.jpg
[/sblock][sblock=Combat Information]Party Status:
Code:
Ru:        34/39 HP remaining; 
Damaris:   34/27 HP remaining; False Life
Thuvian:   19/27 HP remaining; 
   Nora:   13/13 HP remaining;

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
  Ru: Ki Pool 2/3; Rngr Foc 0/1
  Damaris: Bard Pef 6/12; Spells 1st 0/4, 2nd 2/2;
  Thuvian: Dark 0/1; Blind Dark 0/7; Spells 1st 1/5, 2nd 2/4, 3rd 2/3
Conditions in effect: False Life(Dam)
[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris.jpg

"Oh, we are not from Thornbury. We are from the city of Venza. We have travelled a long road to get here. I fear we won't be able to bring our friend's bodies back" she sighs and shakes her head.

"That woman might have found something else then... We did find a couple of potions Larsheil managed to hide better with a note for the church about their use... perhaps we won't return empty handed, but the cost has been high... too high"

"But... now that you mention it, maybe we should head back to Thornbury and ask about their troubles. They might hold a clue where the woman took her prize to. I must discuss this with my friends..." she pauses for a second. "-I almost forgot. One of my friends does have a lineage similar to them" she points to the tieflings "But he's alright. No one chooses one's parents, right? Just making sure you don't get too surprised when he comes out."

[sblock=ministats]

Damaris - Bard lvl 4
HP 34/34 (27+7 FL)
Init +4
AC 20 (24) + Invisible | Touch 15 | FF 16 (+4 TOTAL DEFENSE)
CMB+5 | CMD 19
Saves: F+2 | R+9 | W+4

Perception +6 | Sense Motive -1/9* (Versatile Performance) | Bluff 2/9* (Ver.Per) (+1 vs Males)
Diplomacy +9 (+1 vs males)

Masterwork Shortbow +8 (1d6)
Longsword +5 (1d8+3) (Two-handed)
Sling +7 (1d4+2)

Bardic Performance: 6/12 day

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Jolt, Mending, Mage Hand
Spells: Lvl1 Grease, Sleep, Timely Inspiration, Silent Image 4/day. lvl2 Invisibility, Pyrotechnics 2/day
Spell-like ability: Message 0/day.

Spells Used: Invisibilityx2

Combat Feats: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Arcane Strike

Consumables: Acid Flask(2/2), Alchemist Fire (2/2), Holy Water (2/2), Oil (2/2), Perfume, Firework Paper Candle (2), Vermin Repellent, Trial Rations (4), Normal Arrows (16).
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post

"That sounds like our cue then, Shadow," Ru says. He takes a deep breath, straightens up, then pauses to return his blades to their sheathes.

"Probably best to ease tensions if I'm not bearing arms," he offers, then, with a glance to Thuvian, he steps out into the light.

"If only I could have chosen my parents, I'd have had a much cushier life," Ru quips as he reveals himself, hands open and slightly away from his sides to show he's currently bearing no weapons.

"Sorry about your friend, but a big thank you for avenging ours," he says. "Princess has the right of it. Thornbury would have been a supply stop on the way back, but we've never been before. Sounds like the problems back home spread a bit further than we thought."

[sblock=mini stats]

Ru Brike
AC: 19 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 15)
HP: 34/39

Initiative: +4
Perception: +7 (+8 Traps) Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +3
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)

Wakizashi: +8, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +6/+6, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +7, 1d6
Shuriken: +7, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Ranger's Focus (1/day)

Conditions:Message (with Damaris)

In Hand: None

Ki Pool: 0/3 remaining
Ranger's Focus: 1/1 remaining
Shuriken: 9/10 remaining
CLW Wand charges: 45/50 remaining

Used: 13 days' rations[/sblock]

Remove ads