[LPF] Kaedyn's Quest

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Kaedyn Thorngood, Paladin of Helerion (NPC)

Morrolan.png

Kaedyn is not sure why father Kedric came into this tavern to look for these sort of people. Some have questionable motives at best and are proud to be borderline criminals. Others are willing to die too readily, hired swords or killers by nature. He shakes his head sadly with resignation, not happy with the situation. However, neither his job nor faith requires that he like what he must do.

"Mayhap you could be correct. I cannot say what fate awaits you on this quest I would charge you with. Arcane arts, trapfinding, or sneaking around are not going to be obviously required to my knowledge. If I could send a few journeymen knights, I would. Alas, I cannot."

"Before Father Kedric was killed, he had been looking to hire those adventurers he had used in the past to visit an acquaintance of his. I have no idea where they went, but I did not see them in here."

"This old friend of the priests, an elven wizard by the name of Larshiel, offered to loan an artifact to the Order so that we can prevent the Barghest from getting loose when we question it and to stop any fiendish minions from teleporting into our Chapter House."

"The letter I read also mentioned there were some other special items he would send along to aid in fighting this devil and his minions. I am hoping to enlist your aid in this quest. It sounds like it might not be terrible difficult, but this devil has been one step ahead of us at every turn. It would be folly to assume his minions are not going to be trying to stop you."

[sblock=OOC]Sorry, I was wiped out from the weekend and did not post yesterday.
[MENTION=92814]soulnova[/MENTION], you might be confused because you assumed Sir Kaedyn had actually asked for your help before now or even revealed what he wanted. Neither of which happened before this post. Interactions with him have been essentially a job interview from the very beginning, and a chance to learn some background for the adventure. But you guys kept trying to ask questions about a "Quest" that you assumed Kaedyn was offering instead. Kaedyn only asked if Amien was looking for one and never said he was offering one.

With the first Kn: The Planes you can look up Erinyes to learn about those creatures. Added with what Kaedyn has or could tell you, Damaris will know what is listed in the SRD. I took her roll for Kn: Religion as Kn: The Planes instead for knowledge about Varrantu. The DC is way too high to learn anything about that guy anyway.

For more information on Flying-Fiend, you can roll Knowledge The Planes again to for capabilities and Knowledge Local to see if you heard about the previous encounter in Venza with her by some adventurers (another LPF adventure I ran). Kaedyn can tell you more about that incident as well.[/sblock]

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien listens carefully, having abandoned his drink at this point in favor of rubbing his chin. "Hmm.. So if I'm not mistaken, our first line of duty for this job would be to obtain the items listed from the letter, correct?"

Systole

First Post
LTL_150.jpg

At word of a wizard's involvement, Lai Tai perks up. "With great respect, sir, one may not have been the most, errr ... academically inclined student of the Thirty-Six Ascensions, but one's duty with respect to youkai remains clear nevertheless. And the wheel of fate seems to have aligned one's duty with one's desires, for I wish to learn more of mighty Venzan magics, and perhaps this wizard would deign to teach." He gives a sidelong glance at the mercenaries at the table. "And if one might offer a word of advice, was it not written by the prophet Wu Tao that a dog can be trusted to follow its nose?"

jkason

First Post
Ru smirks self-assuredly at Tyrion's nickname, but says nothing more. He shrugs as the paladin presents his job.

"Retrieval and delivery, where I don't even have to worry about the current owner's reluctance to part with something? Sounds like a lovely job to me. And if we make some infernal friends along the way, so be it."

He raises an eyebrow at Lai Tai's proverb, then adds, "I'm not entirely sure what Muscles means--I was always horrible at proverbs--but I'm hoping that's his way of asking what the pay is, since, well, that's one of the smells I'm quite fond of following. The shiny, pointy things we're good at using cost a pretty coin to maintain, after all."

Know: Local previous father kendric adventure (1d20+4=21)

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 30/30

Initiative: +4
Perception: +6 (+7 Traps) Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +5 Reflex: +10 Will: +2
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)

Wakizashi: +7, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +5/+5, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +6, 1d6
Shuriken: +6, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +1d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Ranger's Focus (1/day)

Conditions: Ioun Torch (in darkness)

In Hand: None

Ki Pool: 3/3 remaining
Ranger's Focus: 1/1 remaining
Shuriken: 9/10 remaining[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Tyrion nods his head, trying to seem like he understood what the paladin was talking about. However, not as well versed in some of the more magical creatures, he decides to ask the dumb question.

"So, um, you mentioned that he hired other adventures previoiusly? Who might they be? Grog the bar keep and Marla seem to do a good job of keeping everyone's name straight, maybe could ask them who they were?"

[sblock=OOC]
Sorry, brain is dead. I had a more thoughtful post at one point, but i couldn't phrase it right...
[/sblock]
[sblock=mini stats]
Tyrion Thankirk
AC: 20(Touch 12, Flatfooted 18)
HP: 46/46

Initiative: +2
Perception: +5 Sense Motive: +1
CMB: +8 CMD: 20 Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +6

Conditional Attack mods: Power Attack (-2/+4), Furious Focus (Ignore first PA Penalty), Overhead Chop (+2 to damage rolls w/ 1 attack)

[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Kaedyn Thorngood, Paladin of Helerion (NPC)

Morrolan.png

Kaedyn looks at Amien and replies, "Yes. The artifact most importantly. Anything else the wizard wishes to give to aid our cause and your quest would be appreciative. If he will require payment for those other items, I do not know. If the cost is reasonable for their value, the Order can purchase them from you."

The Paladin is not sure what to make of the latest arrival (Lai Tai) but nods in agreement, "You may be able to learn from him. However, that would be up to you to arrange."

Before he mentions payment, the other warrior (Tyrion) asks a question that he replies to instead, "Perhaps, I could ask around for them and forgo your services. However, the ones that witnessed the murder of Father Kedric have gone to the mountains in search of dwarven steel. There is a warmaiden of Helena that could be of service, but I have not seen Ariel Esimae as of late."

"But your companion is correct, this cannot wait for me to find the other adventurers while the demons are at work."

[sblock=Damaris]She only heard something about winged woman being looked but never found. She thought it was a rumor until now.
For half-fiends, she knows about their Damage Resistance, Elemental Resistance from the Half-fiend Template[/sblock][sblock=Thuvian]Knows nothing of Erinyes.
He has heard of the winged woman that called herself Narissa. She was a half-fiend that could fly and was resistant to certain attacks and magic (knows about her Spell Resistance from Half-fiend Template). Narissa got away from the last adventurers that thwarted her as they managed to drive her off from the abandoned cathedral when they recovered the stolen sword that captured when the Patriarch was killed. The search for her continued for a few days and it is believed she fled Venza. Since you actually played the Sword and the Fallen angel, anything you remember from that adventure is fair game for Thuvian to know. :) [/sblock][sblock=Ru]He has heard of the winged woman that called herself Narissa. She was a half-fiend that could fly and was difficult to kill. Narissa got away from the last adventurers that thwarted her as they barely managed to drive her off from the abandoned cathedral when they recovered the stolen sword that captured when the Patriarch was killed. The search for her continued for a few days and it is believed she fled Venza. You can look through the previous LPF adventure the Sword and the Fallen Angel if you want to know more.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ru's gaze turns inward a minute, as he seems to recall something, but then he flashes back to the group, deciding that navel-gazing can wait a bit.

"Now, Scruff, no good convincing him to go hiring someone else, is there?" Ru says playfully to Tyrion as the paladin seems to briefly consider just that. "Bird in the hand and all that, am I right?

"Your flying friend sounds like Narissa,"
Ru offers the paladin. "I've never met her, mind, but I've got a few ears to the ground, as it were. From what I hear, she's fled Venza, but if there's a devil conspiracy afoot, I imagine they have plenty of replacements available.

"Now, your elf wizard friend. Will we need to provide him anything in particular to prove our identity? I hate to have a nervous wizard doubt me. That way lies fire and lightning and force bolts, of which I'm not a fan."

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 30/30

Initiative: +4
Perception: +6 (+7 Traps) Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +5 Reflex: +10 Will: +2
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)

Wakizashi: +7, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +5/+5, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +6, 1d6
Shuriken: +6, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +1d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Ranger's Focus (1/day)

Ki Pool: 3/3 remaining
Ranger's Focus: 1/1 remaining
Shuriken: 9/10 remaining[/sblock]

WindCrystal

First Post
"Chuckles is right..", Amien responds, revealing his inability to come up with a fitting counter-nickname for Ru, "Knowing myself, I would fathom myself to try to introduce myself and make effort to integrate myself into the old group's numbers, because I am currently out of work which to provide a living with."

Amien then tries to suggest, "I'm sure our not being devils should be proof enough that we don't need to have wizard spells frying our skin.. but yes, I also figured that convincing of our verbal agreement to cooperation could be an issue."

[sblock=Mini-Stats]Character Sheet Page

Weapon in Hand:
Condition:
HP: 54/54
AC: 15
AC Touch: 12
AC Flatfooted: 13
Initiative: +2
Fort: +6
Reflex: +3
Will: +0
CMB: +7
CMD: 19

Glaive Attack: +7; Damage: 1d10+4 (+9, 1d10+7 under Strength Rage); Crit: 20/x3, Slashing, Special: Reach
H. Flail +1: Attack: +8; Damage: 1d10+4+1 (+10, 1d10+8 under Strength Rage); Crit: 19/x2, Bludgeoning, Special: Disarm, Trip
Sling Attack: +5, Sling Damage: 1d4+3
- Sling Bullets (06)

Handy Haversack
- Trail Rations (12 days)
- Wand of CLW x1
- Potion of CMW x3[/sblock]

Remove ads