[LPF] Kaedyn's Quest

jkason

First Post
Ru gave an overacted wave goodbye as the dragon faded from view. "Have fun in hell. Don't send us letters!" he called out.

The southerner surveyed the scene, then, tense for a moment until it became clear there were no further threats incoming. Then he sighed and relaxed.

"Well, that went much better than last time, eh, Princess?" he asks Damaris with a wink. Then he nods his head in Rhas's direction.

"Hopefully, her royal wingedness was the last nasty we'll have to deal with, but just in case, I think Prickly may need a little patching up," he says. To the dwarf himself he adds, "Sorry you had to play fetch with the doggie so long. His lady was tougher than she looked."

soulnova

Explorer
"Keep an eye on that" Damaris warned them about the body of the winged lady as she ran over to Rhas to provide some basic healing "Sorry for taking too long". She will use his CLW wand. "That should patch you up a little"

[sblock=OOC]CLW wand 1d8+1=8

More if wanted: 1d8+1=4[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Well struck!" Umthirn offers Ru. He turns and gives a nod to Rhas, seeing Damaris has already moved to tend to his wounds. He looks away, perhaps embarrassed by the concern for his cousin that he showed in the fight.

"Let's see what's over there," he mutters, making his way to the far door.

[sblock=ooc]
Walking to C55 to see what's in the next room.
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Rhas_150.jpg

Rhas sits down heavily. "Aye ... you go do that. I'm just ... I'll just stay hear and ... catch my breath ... and bleed for a little while. Oof."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Rhas Ironeyes

AC: 19+4 (13+2 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 14/66
CMB: +8 CMD: 22
Fort: +7 Reflex: +6 Will: +4
Weapons: Heavy Crossbow (+12/+7 or +10/+10/+5, 1d10+6, 19-20x3) or Dwarven Waraxe (+8, 1d10+3, 20x3)

Perception: +13
Initiative: +4

Reliable Strike: 0/1

Weapon in Hand: Heavy Crossbow (+12/+7 or +10/+10/+5, 1d10+6, 19-20x3)
Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
"Is she still... 'alive'?" Damaris calls back to Ru. "I still hear something there. Shouldn't we make sure she's dead...? I really don't think we can make it back with a prisoner, specially one as lovely as she is" she tries to remember if Kaedyn asked anything in special about the winged woman in the first place. It's been what it feels like ages since they left Venza. So much has happened that she can barely remember... she had almost forgotten about the demonbane vials!

Systole

First Post
Rhas_150.jpg

"I can take care o' that from here, lass," Rhas says. He fires a final volley of bolts into the woman's chest. "Always double-tap. Me honored father taught me that, almost as soon as I could shoot."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Rhas Ironeyes

AC: 19 (13 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 25/77
CMB: +9 CMD: 22
Fort: +7 Reflex: +6 Will: +4
Weapons: Heavy Crossbow (+14/+9 or +12/+12/+7, 1d10+9, 19-20x3) or Dwarven Waraxe (+9, 1d10+3, 20x3)

Perception: +15

Reliable Strike: 0/1

Weapon in Hand: Heavy Crossbow (+14/+9 or +12/+12/+7, 1d10+9, 19-20x3)
Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items:
None
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

"Zombie hunter I kept company with had much the same philosophy," Ru says with a thankful nod to Rhas. "Always good advice.

Speaking of, let's make sure the rest of our little friends aren't on the mend,"
Ru says. While Umthirn moves to look into the room, Ru makes a quick sweep of the enemies.

"Also, we can look for goodies this way," he adds. And, indeed, he begins to loot each body once he's assured himself they are only bodies now. If he finds any of them are still alive, he first asks the others, "Do we want one for questioning?" before making sure they're well and truly dead.

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 19 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 15)
HP: 22/62

Perception: +9 (+11 Studied Target(s), +12 Traps)
Sense Motive: +5 (+7 Studied Target(s))
CMB: +6 CMD: 20 Fort: +8 Reflex: +10 Will: +4
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects, +3 Ref vs. traps)

Wakizashi: +10/+5, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +8/+8/+3/+3, 1d6
Nunchaku: +6/+1, 1d6
Shuriken: +6/+1, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Studied Target (move action or with sneak attack success, up to 2 targets), -2/+4 Power Attack

Conditions:Ioun Stone illumination, Studied Target (winged woman. +2 attack / damage & var skills), Demonbane oil (Wakazashi x2, +2 Attack, +2d6 damage).

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Shuriken: 9/10 remaining
CLW Wand charges: 39/50 remaining

Used: 15 days' rations[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
"I do see your point, Ru. Getting one of the tieflings back to Kaedyn might be alright for questioning, but I really don't want to take our chances if the guy manages to escape. They are resourceful and sneaky after all." Damaris goes back to pick up her dropped bow at the door and moves to check the rest of the room once Ru has finished with the other minions.

She's interested on checking the room where the winged woman came from.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 15, 13:53 - Miles North of Thornbury ~

NarissaFiend_zps185bb276.png

Upon her death the invisibility spell wore off and the winged woman's corpse lay crumbled and battered on the stone floor. She was clearly dead.

Ru's examined the githyanki and the tiefling, finding they had expired as well.

Umthirn looked into the room the half-fiend had come from. There was a bedroll and a fur blanket that she probably used to sleep on. On the floor near the opposite wall was a wooden box about 2 feet long, a foot wide and foot tall. There were carved runes in the wood. It had a brass clasp keeping the lid closed.

[sblock=Combat Information]2 charges of wand used

Tactical Map:
1. The boulders in Q59/60 & R59/60 are difficult terrain
2. Medium or Large bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller. Large Bodies can provide soft cover bonuses like low wall
LPFKQEnc7Map07B_zps11a3bb14.jpg

Party Status:
Code:
Ru:        29/62 HP remaining; 
Damaris:   38/47 HP remaining; 
Rhas:      26/66 HP remaining; 
Umthirn:   30/62 HP remaining; 

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
  Ru: Studied Target 2/2
  Damaris: Bard Perf 14/14; Spells 1st 3/5, 2nd 0/4; SLA 1/1
  Umthirn: Stun Fist 6/6
Conditions in effect: Message, Mage Armor (Umthirn), Demon's Bane (Ru, Umthirn)
[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris casts Detect Magic and looks at the first door to her left. "Ru... can you see if this one is trapped? We still need to be careful about that"

[sblock]Casts Detect Magic and approaches J55[/sblock]

Remove ads