[LPF] One Night in Palazzo Dannato

zGio

First Post
"Quite a wonderful display of summoning magic" - Daugar mutters as the small summoner finishes his summoning ritual

"I would like to take a look at this house's library, if any, but gathering lore from books come after we hear a word or two from this man" - The elf points at Ket

Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
While the others discuss the healer, Holphin finishes his ritual. Upon finishing drawing a glyph on his own forehead, Holphin's chalk circle begins to glow and float above the floor. The chalk undulates and animates, and the air in the middle of the circle appears to split open. Chalk scribbles to fill in the eldritch rift, until the form coalesces into a giant doorway. It opens of its own accord, and stepping through is a hulking figure, looking made of unfired clay. Towering just over six feet, it looks simple, unfinished, yet with cracks across its midsection held in place by large metal bands. Through the cracks and eye sockets, a light, as if from magma, can be seen within.

Emet.jpg

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is Emet. He should prove to be of assistance this evening."

gryphon_gold

First Post
Coreuth searches underneath both halves of the once-animated table, looking for devices of trickery or of magic. "It was a good thing I was here to help beat that table down," she says jokingly.

While waiting for Merc to get more information out of Ket, the elf watches Holphin perform his ritual with the chalk. She nearly jumps out here skin when the large figures appears. "What in the planes is that?" Coreuth cries, "...and why didn't you bring it out before?"

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Raynucio stalks over and pointedly looks down at the clay man. "This is more like it summoner, I had thought you more suited for children's parties than battle, but this one looks like he might prove useful."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Holphin turns to Coreuth. "Emet is a self-sustaining amalgam of forces from the elemental planes of Earth and Fire. We are working on introducing further essences into his being. As for why he was not present earlier, well, at first, it would be rather gauche to invite Emet to a fine dinner when standard gourmet fare provides him with no sustenance. Furthermore, we both are in agreement that a lovely building filled with delicate luxuries is not typically a place where one as large and heavy as Emet should walk. Finally, time was of the essence in the battle with the table. As you could see, the ritual to summon Emet is considerably more involved than that for the dogs."

He finishes by turning to Raynucio. "We are also available for parties," he replies, adding with a smirk, "should you ever find yourself with children."

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"I would not wish that on any child." Raynucio says, a hint of sadness in his voice, mostly to himself, before returning to his weapon maintenance routine.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kalinn looks in wonder - and no little unease - at Emet's hulking form. Though she'd seen much for one her age, she was yet young and such magic was not overly trusted by her people. Unless, of course, it was the tribe's shaman calling the spirits to her.

Well he doesn't look much like a wise woman, though he's effete enough I suppose. Strange folk, these low-landers.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Mercainden stands in awe at the presence of Emet. After moments in silence he smiles and says, "It seems I have the right people for this job then. Truly remarkable."

"Ahem.." comes Ket's gruff throat clearing. "You have need of me?"

"Yes, yes you..." Mercainden stops himself short before saying what's truly on his mind. "You knew that the table would do that?"

"Yes, I told you that it doesn't like anything set on it."
Ket says a thin lipped smile on his lips as if he finds something funny.

"Than what other rumors are true about this place and do you know a way to tell when they are going to happen?" Mercainden asks gruffly.

"Almost every rumor I have heard about Palazzo Dannato has some truth to it. Yes there was a fire but before anyone could start to fight it, the flames and smoke were gone but nothing was found scorched. Things have disappeared, been seen to move on their own. Odd sounds throughout the house as well as the occasionally odd changes to paintings on the walls or what not. And this house has allowed no one, not even me, to spend the night in it. This home is cursed and that is that."

Mercainden huffs, "Well these gent... umm people are here to solve that. So answer any questions they have. I will return in the morning before heading back down the Silver Road." Turning to the group he says, "When I return in the morning you will either have proof that this is all true and I will see about hiring on a priest to purify the home, or you will prove all these rumors false. Either way I will reward you as I have promised. Fair enough?"

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"That is acceptable." Raynucio concedes haughtily, before turning to Ket, "Well we have time, I suggest you tell us all the rumors you have heard. By the sounds of things others have tried to stay the night before, start with what prevented them from doing so."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"Can't spend the night," Holphin muses, checking his timepiece once again.

Holphin turns to watch Ket, expectant to listed to what the groundskeeper has to say. Emet mimics the motion, and watches Ket as well.

Remove ads