[LPF] One Night in Palazzo Dannato

maquise

First Post
Mandalo is impressed be the sight of Emet. He listens with caution to Mercianden and Ket.

"We should continue our investigation. We should also be careful; there's likely more magic around."

He listens to Ket's words, "I am curious as to why a house would be opposed to such a thing. Perhaps on versed in the arcane could answer me this: would it be possible to task a house with keeping intruders out?"

zGio

First Post
The wizard eagerly answers mandalo's question as he enjoys to explain the different effects of magic
-It mainly depends on the "how" does this house keep intruders away, but yes it can be easily done with magic, for instance, a powerful enough arcane master could cast several permanent unseen servants and task them with the job of keeping intruders out of this house, by say... dragging them out during their sleep. An unseen servant could also be an alternative answer to most of the rumors we have been told up to now, except the flames, which could probably be explained by magic similar to that of a continual flame spell and similar effects, however, i am afraid that with as few clues as we have now, i can not think of a better explanation, and there are countless spells that could "haunt" the house in the way we are being told - Daugar steps closer to Ket

-Which is why, we need to listen to him first

gryphon_gold

First Post
Coreuth looks genuinely interested in hearing the wizard's lesson on the arcane. "Wow! You're a really smart guy...like super-smart. Maybe, after we finish finding ghosts here, you could teach me some more of what you know about magic." She winks and smiles at Daugar.

She turns to Ket. "So what else may try to kill us in this mansion?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ket seems a little takin' aback as all eyes turn to him. After Mercainden bids you all farewell the skinny groundsman looks very nervous being left alone with the group.

"Well let me see. To answer some of your questions, umm..."
he nervously looks about and then says, "Follow me please."

He leads you back into the main hallway and the main painting that covers one wall.

"This has been here since the home was first built. One day when some merchants tried to rent the home for an overnight stay, they swore that the eyes of the painting followed them. Watched them they said and then the faces changed. It was said they took on an angry look and seemed to be mad at the merchants. That in addition the noises finally decided them and they did not spend the night."

He turns now feeling a little bit better having his audience warming to him so to speak. "A few months later the house was bought and the first night the new owners tried to spend here met with disaster as all the furniture in the home revolted on them. It didn't hurt them but the bed would not stop moving and the chairs and tables. They too did not stay and resold the place soon after."

"So it is not so much the house not wanting them to stay but what happens in it... that... drives...people away." He says as he turns to move down the hall. "Things like that!" he says pointing.

The group follows the mans gaze to the two statues at the end of the hall. Both are now covered with red lines which look to be bleeding, like the statues had been killed with sword and axe.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"The statues bleed?" Holphin replies excitedly. Demonstrating that very halfling trait of curiosity getting the best of fear, the summoner rushes over to take a closer look.

Emet, silent as always, simply follows Holphin.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Raynucio snorts his derision, and calls loudly, "You will need to do better than cheap parlour tricks to scare a Vega. Bloody statues? I was headsman, I made bloody corpses, you miserable hovel! It will take more than shifty paintings and impertinent furniture to rid you of me. So bring out your biggest weapons or stop wasting my time!"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Frost watches the others, carefully holding her impassive expression in place even as she struggles to repress her tribal superstition at the sight of the bleeding statue.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] I will give [MENTION=6667680]zGio[/MENTION] until tomorrow afternoon to see if he wishes to post up anything before moving forward. ;) [/sblock]

Remove ads