Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Perception is Reality

jbear

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Sorry, I am accustomed to the DM just giving a temporary approval when levelling within an adventure and doing all the official level up after the game. I'll try to get onto it.

Maui gained very little: HP bump, +1 atk, feat, and a new spell slot for lvl 5 spells [/sblock]

"Te buffalo milk if you have it..." rumbles the giant cat, adding to Barlo's order as he peers through the door at what is happening with Vincenzo as he investigates the kitchen. He keeps an eye on the scratch he left in the door waiting to see if it begins to disappear. "Cleaning Man, tell Maui... you see a girl... a scary girl?"

Aura

Explorer
In the gnomish kitchen, Vincenzo finds a convenient skewer on a rack of cooking implements within easy reach and retrieves it. Poking into the stew while the gnomish woman continues to work the dough, he can easily bring back a hearty chunk of lamb and potato. The swordsman is close enough now that it is obvious that the gnome is humming to herself as she kneads and folds. It's also rather obvious that if, for whatever reason, she would turn around, Vincenzo would have nowhere to hide, considering everything is basically half-size, from his perspective.

[section]
Out in the main room, Ethane nods in agreement, Ethane surveying his surroundings, as if going over it again will answer the questions raised. "It would be nice if we had a wizard, that is for sure," he begins, parsing out his words a bit slower than usual. "It certainly has the feel of some sort of fel magic, the kind only hidden away in the most ancient of tomes. Very often, wizards are bookish enough to know of such things, whereas I trained in more... pressing concerns. Or, so I thought."
[/section]

EthanEmberdawn.jpg
. . . . Ethan Emberdawn . . . .

About that time, Mr. Emberdawn returns to the table. He's in a bit better spirits with a smile on his face and drinks on his serving tray. He serves the drinks with a apologetic look, "Just cow's milk. Sorry, Big Talking Cat." His smile fades almost as quickly as it came as he adds, in a low voice, "We had a scary girl not too long ago, but we got rid of her. Never again."

Ethan Emberdawn turns to leave as Ethane mouths a 'what' to Barlo. Meanwhile, the ale and milk sit in front of each of the three travelers. It seems appealing, and the aroma you'd expect gently wafts up from the ale.

[sblock=Misc OOC's]The dragging sound was the tip of Vincenzo's scabbard. It was purely descriptive IC and conferred no penalty for him later as he quietly arrived out of sight in the kitchen scene.

Speaking of which, the kitchen is pretty clean, much like the rest of the establishment. The hallway Vincenzo came in from had other doors on it, and there is a couple doors out of the kitchen as well, both on the opposite wall from where he entered. Common design of the era would generally place things like the pantry and the larder connecting to the kitchen.

I guess I do the level-ups formally because that's the way it's been done for me, jbear. Although I've invoked the 'it's my game' rule for approvals, I view it as something of an exception.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure

The swords man munches on the potato and lamb looking about for any other exit from the kitchen. If none he will exit out as quietly as he can behind the back of the matronly gnome A smile on his face as he enjoys a pre-meal taste while using his free hand to twirls his mustache. if he finishes soon he leaves the skewer on a counter top.

ooc:still looking about for an exit

If he needs to bluff, his minimum roll is 18 with a +17 to the roll.

If battle ensues, and the other is armed, he will dis arm and use non lethal if a townsfolk kind of person.

[sblock=stat block]
skills possibly needed at this moment:
Perception +13 Stealth +6 Bluff +17

AC: 27 (21 flat-footed, 20 touch)
with Combat expertise:
AC: 30 (24 flat-footed, 23 touch)
fighting defensively and combat expertise [+2/+3]
AC: 32, 23 FF,25 Touch
With haste:
29/21/23

HP: 122/122

+4 to cnfirm crit

rapier attack: +21/+16/+11 crit range: 15-20/x2 +2d6 bleed [stacks with self]
dam: 1d6+10

CMB: +14 CMD: 27
vs trip
CMB: +17 CMD: 29
vs disarm
CMB: +20 CMD: 32

Fort: +12 Reflex: +8 Will: +6

Perception: +13 Stealth +6
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: food skewer with a chunk of lamb and a chunk of potato

longbow +12/+7 damage 1d8+2; additional mods:[+2 att, dam insp corg][+1 att bless][ xtra att, +1 att, +1 dodge a/c and reflex; +30 to move haste]

Temporary/charged items in possession: healing potions, Healing wand

Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

[sblock=mace]
mwk silver mace, att +15/+10, dam 1d6+4, crit x2, type b
[/sblock][/][/]

Aura

Explorer
Vincenzo tastes the lamb and potato from the stew, finding it to be acceptable, if not somewhat better than most that he's had. Looking over the kitchen, there are two doors other than the one he entered from, but both are to the left side of where the cook is working her dough. Getting through either would be considerably more difficult than hanging out behind her has proven to be.

[sblock=Typical Design]For the most part, Vincenzo has seen enough kitchens to know the larder and/or the pantry are the likely things these doors may lead to. But, then again, maybe that's not the case.[/sblock]
[sblock=Separated]Since the group is kinda separated, you can process independently, but if someone gets too far ahead I may hold a bit to let the others catch up.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

The swordsman continues to munch on the lamb and tater skewer as he quietly exits from the kitchen and back into the dining area.

He sits down at the table with his friends and finishes the skewered food. When done he says, "It is immaculate in there, and smells of some of the finest food I have ever tasted. Even better then Zitterauz." He places the now empty skewer on the table top and licks his fingers to get every last bit of yummy goodness

"There are 2 doors leading out of there but I felt bad enough intruding without her even knowing I was there. And by her, I refer to the laday of the home here who is kneading bread dough as we speak."

ooc:still looking about for an exit

If battle ensues, and the other is armed, he will dis arm and use non lethal if a townsfolk kind of person.

[sblock=stat block]

with Combat expertise:
With haste:
29/21/23

+4 to cnfirm crit

vs trip
vs disarm

longbow +12/+7 damage 1d8+2; additional mods:[+2 att, dam insp corg][+1 att bless][ xtra att, +1 att, +1 dodge a/c and reflex; +30 to move haste]

[/sblock]

[sblock=mace]
[/sblock][/][/][/][/]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo had not expected the barkeep to have sighted the ogre mage's little demon girl and looked as surprised as Ethane when their eyes met. He had the impression that Mindy had not been in the town, but had been outside when she spoke to the orge mages.

"Eh? Hold on there, Master Emberdawn. You say a scary little girl was actually in here?"

"When was this and did she happen to tell you her name?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +9 CMD: 22(20ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +8
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: Shortbow

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 22/25 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 6/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 4/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence]
3rd Level 3/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion][/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
EthanEmberdawn.jpg
. . . . Ethan Emberdawn . . . .

Upon Barlo's questions, the gnome steps closer, throwing his towel over his shoulder. "Uh, no... not in here. I mean we had, we, Tritower, had a scary girl. She was more like an remorseless demon-childe. Her heart was black as night, I assure you. Maybe that's why she started eating her victims. Disgusting girl. Her name was Mindy Wallace. It was like three-ish weeks ago her doings got real bad. They looked for her, eventually caught her. But, you don't have to worry about her no more, she's gone. She's gone." With that, the gnome's voice trails off.

Looking over at Vincenzo, the gnome issues a broad chastisement, "And that's what you get for sneaking around. My poor wife, slaving away in that filthy kitchen. I'll fix it, I'll fix it. I'll hand clean all your bowls, stew for all? Big stew for Big Talking Cat? I'll bring it out on a cart!" With that, he makes an almost literal break for the kitchen, moving with urgency and disappearing into the doorway Vincenzo had investigated only moments before. His voice echoes through the place as he calls for stew to be served.

Scott DeWar

"There is definitely something off about him. The Kitchen is immaculate, and the smell of this food is as I said, better then Zitterau. I saw two doors that probably lead to a larder but I could not get to them with out being seen by the lady of the house. She was busy working on the dough but I was not even sure of how aware she was. I could have tried to sneak past her, but not sure what would happen if I got caught - we all could have been thrown out for my slip up." He shrugs.

suddenly he stands and says, "I have an idea. be right back."

[sblock=actions]
take another peak into the kitchen
1. are the two of them in the kitchen, or is she still kneading dough?
2. try to sneak in if she is alone and still kneading
3. if the two of them are talking in the kitchen or otherwise busy, try to sneak in while they are distracted with each other or what ever they are doining

[/sblock]
[sblock=stat block]

with Combat expertise:
With haste:
29/21/23

+4 to cnfirm crit

vs trip
vs disarm

[/sblock]

[sblock=mace]
[/sblock][/][/][/][/][/]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo nodded with some appreciation for the information and had a puzzled expression. He was lost in thought as Vincenzo left once more to continue investigating. The bard remained seated with Ethane and Maui nearby.

"Hmm, that confirms the ogre mage's employer and it doesn't sound good that she was eating people. But her being gone three weeks ago? Hmmm, I place that inceident before the town got caught in this illusion effect."

"Funny that he recalls that but not what day it is. So that demon-childe was here three weeks before the problem started, which is closer four or five from today."

"All very interesting, but I am not sure how it helps us to figure this grap out."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +9 CMD: 22(20ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +8
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: Shortbow

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 22/25 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 6/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 4/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence]
3rd Level 3/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion][/sblock]

jbear

First Post
"Who caught te demon child?" rumbles the dire tiger. Maui has no intention of eating or drinking anything in this bewitched place, no matter how good it smells. The fact it smells at all remains suspicious to the jungle warrior. "WHere they take her?" he added as the gnome disappears into the kitchen past him. WIth one mighty claw he nudges open the door and quietly watches what happens in the kitchen, his mistrust growing by the second.He waits patiently for the gnome to retunr so that he can have his questions answered.

Remove ads