• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Perception is Reality

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo had answered Vicnenzo's question on where the ogre mage had gone with a shrug. He did not know.

Looking around the tavern, the bard was rather disheartened. As lively as the place appeared, he suspected that it was not real and everyone was already dead. That meant the children.

He greeted the proprietor, "Good day... We are visitors from out of town and have lost track of what day it is here. I was wondering if you could tell us, the day of week and the actual date."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +9 CMD: 22(20ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +8
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: Shortbow

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 22/25 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 6/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 4/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence]
3rd Level 3/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion][/sblock][sblock=about Ethane]You can easily <CTRL>-A while editing his sheet and copy it to an NPC sheet. That is what I did for Yosephus 2x.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
[section]
As the gnome begins to approach the group directly, Barlo voices his question. Ethane adds in a quick greeting, adding, "Hail, Mr. Emberdawn!"
[/section]

EthanEmberdawn.jpg
. . . . Ethan Emberdawn . . . .

As if to barely recognize that Ethane had used his name directly, the little gnome finishes wiping up a table. "Hail, wary travelers! So nice of you to drop by. I'm so sorry, this place is such a mess!" He immediately shuffles over to another table, to straighten up the arrangement of salt, pepper, and such to the point where it is uncannily identical to all the other tables.

After a moment of looking at the table, Mr. Emberdawn then turns to Barlo. "What was that? Which day? I'll tell you, my fine sir, it's days past when I should have had this sad excuse for an inn beaten into shape, that's what day it is! And... something smells funny. How can I keep our guests happy when it smells of a foul wind!" He sighs, although settling down just a bit, the little gnome is still obviously agitated. "Can I get you a neat room, or perhaps some food in a nice, clean bowl?"

[sblock=Odors]You've hardly experienced any odors since crossing the line. The inn is somewhat different-- for the first time, you experience a rather present food aroma, although it is clearly the only odor present despite all indications you should be smelling other things. It is like looking at a painting of a couple enjoying a picnic in a public park, and all you can make out is one of the participants.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure

Vincenzo is disappointed in what appears to be another illusion, but the mention of what the gnome smells sets his mind thinking. 'if he smells something, where the others did not . . . .'

"Barlo," He walks over to the bard and whispers, "What if he is testing us, to see if we are the illusion or real. If what we tell him is we only smell the food, he will know we are real. Besides, why do we smell food here? Did we smell anything at the temple?"

Then in a normal tone of voice, he says, "Master Hawkins. If he smells something funny, it must be us from our prolonged journeys abroad. When we arrange for rooms, Let us get baths as well, eh?"

[sblock=Aura]I have leveled up Vincenzo and announced it in the level up thread.[/sblock]
[sblock=stat block]
skills possibly needed at this moment:
Perception +11 Stealth +6

AC: 26 (21 flat-footed, 20 touch)
with Combat expertise:
AC: 29 (23 flat-footed, 23 touch)
fighting defensively and combat expertise
AC: 31, 23 FF,27 Touch
With haste:
28/21/22

HP: 112/112

CMB: +13 CMD: 26
vs trip
CMB: +15 CMD: 28
vs disarm
CMB: +18 CMD: 31

Fort: +11 Reflex: +8 Will: +6

Perception: +11 Stealth +6
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: longbow +12/+7 damage 1d8+2; additional mods:[+2 att, dam insp corg][+1 att bless][ xtra att, +1 att, +1 dodge a/c and reflex; +30 to move haste]

Temporary/charged items in possession: healing potions, Healing wand

Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

[sblock=mace]
mwk silver mace, att +15/+10, dam 1d6+4, crit x2, type b
[/sblock]
[/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/QUOTE]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
With a growl Maui leaves Taniwha at the door on guard. Padding across the room, Maui also catches the scent of real smell and follows it to its source.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo frowned as he got nowhere with his questions. He nodded slightly at the idea of things being a test.

He replied aloud, "I did not think we smelled that bad. I can fix it," he added with a waggle of his fingers. A minor spell started cleaning up whatever stench that might have been lingering around himself and his companions.

"I do smell the food," he continued, but refrained from mentioning that he had not smelled anything elsewhere.

"This stench that you smell, good innkeeper, would it be from outside. Perhaps we should go look," he gestured an offer to accompany the man outside the tavern.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +9 CMD: 22(20ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +8
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: Shortbow

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 22/25 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 6/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 4/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence]
3rd Level 3/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion][/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
[section]
With the active discussion about odors in process, the Ruvalran priest sniffs around a bit, testing the air. Taking a few steps forward and back, he finally concludes, "I'm not sure what Mr. Emberdawn is on about, but I can only smell the food as well. Tritower typically has had that classic port waft to it... I'm not even picking that up." He then starts to head out as Barlo invites the gnome outside.
[/section]
Meanwhile, Maui pads across the common room, tracking the food scent. He quickly comes to the conclusion it is coming from an open doorway, although the door is obviously meant for small folk and getting through in his present form would be difficult, if not impossible. Even so, he can see through the doorway and see what is mostly likely a female gnome back to him, working on the next dish as a stew simmers in a sizable pot. From his judgement, the stew is almost sure mutton-based.

EthanEmberdawn.jpg
. . . . Ethan Emberdawn . . . .

Nodding amiably to Barlo, the innkeeper seemingly accepts his invitation to pursue the source of the offending odor outside. Once he steps outside into the courtyard where the children are playing, he takes a deep breath through the nose, testing the air. "No, my good man, I think it was coming from inside. I swear that pit smells like a urinal!" Heading back in, the speaks over his shoulder, "Need a room or rooms? Best view in Tritower. Food, drink? Just ask! I shall personally make sure whatever you need meets your expectations...."

Looking down at one of his sleeves, Mr. Emberdawn is distracted by some manner of dirt upon the white sleeve of his shirt. He immediately stops to rub his damp towel against it, grumbling. "Can't even keep myself clean, now." Sighing heavily, he seems headed towards the door where Maui has tracked the scent to.

In the background, the merfolk laugh. Apparently the human among them is telling a rather animated story, much to their amusement.

Scott DeWar

Inside, Vincenzo is doing his best to just stay out of the way, mainly to watch what is going on to try and make heads or tail out of the whole mess.

As he watches the Gnome innkeep exit and then enter, his eyes narrow. "Did that happen at the other place" He mumbles.

[sblock=Aura]I have leveled up Vincenzo and announced it in the level up thread.[/sblock]
[sblock=stat block]
skills possibly needed at this moment:
Perception +11 Stealth +6

AC: 26 (21 flat-footed, 20 touch)
with Combat expertise:
AC: 29 (23 flat-footed, 23 touch)
fighting defensively and combat expertise
AC: 31, 23 FF,27 Touch
With haste:
28/21/22

HP: 112/112

CMB: +13 CMD: 26
vs trip
CMB: +15 CMD: 28
vs disarm
CMB: +18 CMD: 31

Fort: +11 Reflex: +8 Will: +6

Perception: +11 Stealth +6
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: longbow +12/+7 damage 1d8+2; additional mods:[+2 att, dam insp corg][+1 att bless][ xtra att, +1 att, +1 dodge a/c and reflex; +30 to move haste]

Temporary/charged items in possession: healing potions, Healing wand

Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

[sblock=mace]
mwk silver mace, att +15/+10, dam 1d6+4, crit x2, type b
[/sblock]
[/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/]

jbear

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Actually, thinking about it, Maui is probably currently too big to enter the tavern, right? He is probably going to have to wait outside. In any case the smell the tavern owner is smelling seems like a clue. At a guess the sewer system seems a fitting place for an undead girl to operate from... possibly worth checking out? [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

[sblock=sewer] The sewer would probably be small access only too, so Maui may need to return back to human[/sblock]

Remove ads