Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Perception is Reality

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Maui, Its ok, they may not realize what we saw. Easy there might one."

Vincenzo tries to calm the Jungle Druid with words, for now he tries anyway.

Aura

Explorer
Lamar.jpg
. . . Lamar Sathien . . .

In the face of dismayed and somewhat aggressive reactions to his words, the high priest seems steadfast. He merely adds, "I'm sorry, but I don't know any of the things you speak of, be they ghouls or illusions. It's been a relatively calm day for us, here. Do any of you need healing, perhaps for wounds, or... other conditions? Or perhaps the blessings of The Wildflower and the iteration of her wisdom?"

[section]
Brows furrowed, Ethane watches the exchange unfold between the high priest and the rest of the group. Finally, he steps up, saying, "Brother, what goes on here? Surely you could not have missed events that have effected thousands of people!"
[/section]
Being addressed in such a manner seems to get the notice of the high priest, and he focuses on Ethane. "Ah, Brother, I had not seen you there. We will have to speak further once initial formalities are out of the way, as I am curious as to what brings a newcomer to our temple. Back to the issue at hand, no, even hearing you agree with these gentlemen doesn't change the situation, which is not much to report, as Barlo here has requested."

[sblock=Sense Motive]No deception is detected. The high priest seems rather straightforward.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo had a wry expression for his companion, “Indeed, Vincenzo, indeed. There is much we do not understand.”

With the cleric also not making much headway in the discussion with the priest, he was beginning to feel like the discussion was akin to trying to convince someone the sky was blue when they claimed it was green. But he did not think the priest was lying.

“Well, Lamar, this is quite strange. We came here seeking information.”

“Have you been outside the temple lately? The town appears to half deserted and the buildings look different, shrouded in darkness.”

OOC: Take 10 on Sense Motive +20

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +9 CMD: 22(20ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +8
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: Shortbow

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 25/25 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 6/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 5/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence]
3rd Level 4/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion][/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Frustrated with the priest's lackadasical response, Maui growls and pads off to explore the temple, searching for signs of anything else that might be off in this place.

[sblock=Perception]Take 10 on perception +16 = 26 to make a thorough search of the temple [/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Lamar.jpg
. . . Lamar Sathien . . .

As Maui stalks off to check the temple out, the high priest casts an eye his way, but doesn't do anything to stop him, even as the large feline stalks out of sight to check out the back rooms. Instead, his attention is drawn back to Barlo's latest question. Furrowing his brow, he thinks, speaking aloud as he does, "Hmm, I was just outside recently. Lunch, was it? Anyway, things seemed rather quiet. Not much to say about it, I guess. Certainly if there were darkened buildings during the day, I would have noticed."

Sometime during high priest Sathan's response Ethane also slipped away, headed to check out the side-rooms on the opposite side of the temple.

[sblock=Maui]Once you're out of the main area, the back rooms take on the vague, shadowed forms that you've seen elsewhere in the city. The basics are all there: doors, walls, major furniture items, etc, but that is about it. It's a grossly simplified version of reality, and as such, there is virtually nothing to search. You bump into Ethane fairly soon after as he finishes his search of the opposite side of the building, so you can return to the group soon after, if you wish.[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Taniwha returns to the group. For a dire tiger he looks very perplexed. He pads right up to the priest and inspects him from an uncomfortably close distance. He looks back out towards the doorway where things returned to there irreal appearance, and then back to the priest. He lifts a paw and extends the single claw of his index finger to prod the priest's chest. He then points towards the doors of the temple before pading away a few steps in that direction where he stops to point again at the priest and then beckon him towards the door. It wasn't entirely clear what the massive feline-formed jungle warrior was thinking but it seemed he wanted the priest to follow him out the front door.

Scott DeWar

"I think Maui wants you to follow him," Vincenzo says to the priest, just in case it is not understood.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo was sharing the druid’s unspoken sentiments that something was off about the priest and it was making him very wary.

“Yes, I think we should show you want we are talking about, Lamar. The situation outside has been like this for days.”

The bard was no expert on complicated arcane knowledge when it came to time warping and other realms. He was starting to wonder if they should not brought that wizard Hassbek along with them.

Barlo gestured for the priest to accompany them outside.

OOC: Take 10 on Sense Motive +20

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +9 CMD: 22(20ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +8
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: Shortbow

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 25/25 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 6/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 5/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence]
3rd Level 4/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion][/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Vincenzo is about to gesture with his hand, the one with the rapier still in it, when he turns the gesture into an act of peace - he sheaths his blade to show his intent was not to harm. At this time anyway.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases