[LPF] Precious Cargo

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos shrugs and smirks at the question of his connection to Issolatha.

"My lady chooses as she will. If she's not seen fit to share that secret with your ilk, I suspect that's all the more you need know."

Even as the inquisitor considers his next question, Sauvressa makes her rather impressive display. Eanos makes his best use of it.

"Angels are a wrathful sort, little one," he says. "I'd suggest you stop playing this game of lies of omission before this one tires of letting me have my way. Tell us of the House, and tell us who else you're protecting."

[sblock=ooc]If anyone else has questions they want to ask, feel free. I'm not always the best at figuring out what to ask to get all the information.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 23 Current: 6
CMB: +3 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +7

Conditions: See Invisibility: 10 minutes, renewed by Phedilo on expire.
Light (on cestus): ~25 minutes

In Hand: Dagger

Arrows: 17/20
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 31/50 remaining

Judgement: 0/1 Remaining Determination: 0/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 3/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (0/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
An expression of true fear flickers over the halfling's face, and though he quickly regains his composure, it is clear that Sauvressa shakes him to the core. He hastens to continue.

"The House is Illi Esse itself, the island to the north: it is there that the doors to the other worlds most willingly open, so it is there that we congregate in preparation to open all the doors and speak with all the voices."

"As to who congregates - only She alone, the Secret Keeper, knows all of their names. As for myself, my knowledge is far more limited,"
he says, with a smirk directed towards Eanos. "I only answer to Emerous. Beyond him, there is my brother, who is also blessed among the lady's true followers" - the emphasis again for Eanos' sake - "and a few select others. The rest have moved like shadows I have only half-known. Secrecy is the Lady's prerogative, and even among our brethren we hold to Her example."

"As to the nature of our preparation: today's events should tell you more than my words can. We seek the keys to the doors. The stone is one such key. There are many others, though I know little of the specifics."

"I do know one other thing though,"
he says, and here he smiles with the self-confidence that only a true zealot can muster. "We will succeed in opening the doors. We will succeed in speaking with the voices, and having our own voice heard. By all."

At this point, the group gets the sense that any further information from their prisoner would be too buried in circular logic and cryptically veiled reference. As the interrogation winds down, Phedilo edges in nervously and mutters, "So what are you going to do with him?"

Last edited:

jkason

First Post

Eanos stuffs the gag back into the caster's mouth, then stands.

"The city has a guard, yes? Those men running around making targets of themselves in bright white livery? I think we've more than enough to convince them to take this one off our hands. I haven't been in town long, but between the dead rising and this chaos -- and so many adventurers coming through -- I imagine Venza has to have a place to properly contain his kind?"

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 23 Current: 6
CMB: +3 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +7

Conditions: See Invisibility: 10 minutes, renewed by Phedilo on expire.
Light (on cestus): ~25 minutes

In Hand: Dagger

Arrows: 17/20
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 31/50 remaining

Judgement: 0/1 Remaining Determination: 0/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 3/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (0/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Maui waits impatiently outside sharpening his blade, murder twinkling in his eyes ...

OOC: Are you going to sneak him out of there wrapped in a blanket of some kind? Otherwise he's a gonner ...

jkason

First Post
Maui waits impatiently outside sharpening his blade, murder twinkling in his eyes ...

OOC: Are you going to sneak him out of there wrapped in a blanket of some kind? Otherwise he's a gonner ...

[sblock=ooc]If Eanos can't talk Maui out of it, he's not throwing himself on the knife for the summoner. Will certainly make for some exciting RP to finish things out, that's for sure. :confused:[/sblock]

Tark

First Post
OOC: Was about to say the same thing about Sauvressa though in her case the only person you have to convince is Temarel.

Qik

First Post
Phedilo nods. "Yes yes, of course - we'll let the White Cloaks deal with him."

As the group prepares the prisoner for transport, Phedilo gestures to a table at one end of the magically enlarged room, upon which a variety of arms and items are spread out. "Feel free to claim any of his former equipment - I doubt he'll have much opportunity to make use of it in the future."

"Also, do not forget the items that were in the cart. I believe the stone passed them to you after your trip to his plane, so they are rightfully yours as far as I'm concerned."

Shifting a bit awkwardly, he adds, "There is also the issue of payment, which I do not believe we finalized beforehand." Taking out a sizable pouch from his desk drawer, he sets it onto the table. "Would 1600 gold be a sufficient payment for the group?" he asks innocently.

As the group looks over the items, he adds, "Let me know if there's anything you have trouble identifying; I had looked through everything earlier..."

[sblock=OOC]Sorry if we've been winding down a little slowly - I've been trying to leave space for RPing, since so much of what we've done has been hack-and-slash (one of the things in retrospect I would have changed about this little adventure).

Rewarded items are as followed; consider them identified by Phedilo:

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Chain Shirt (100 gp), Light Crossbow (35 gp), 25 [/FONT][FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Platinum Coins (250 gp), 2 Scrolls of Unfetter (50 gp), Wand of Grease (750 gp), 5 Potions of [/FONT] [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]CLW (250 gp), Cracked Pink and Green Sphere (+1 Handle Animal) (200 gp), Cracked Pale Ruby [/FONT] [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Trillian (+1 Stealth) (200 gp)[/FONT]

Phedilo also identified the two unidentified stones from the trip to the Chaos Plane, which are:
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]
2 cracked dark blue rhomboid stones (+1 Perception & Sense Motive) (800 gp)[/FONT]

Think that covers it. I've sent the final adventure numbers to PM for approval, and I'll get started on the time-based awards shortly. I hope you all enjoyed this one for what it was: an admittedly short and railroady outing. Also, if anyone has any feedback, I would really appreciate it: I'm still new as a GM, so I have a lot to learn. For my part, as mentioned, I wish I would have found a way to break up the combats a bit more: once we got started, it was 1, 2, 3 in pretty quick succession.

Feel free to RP the confrontation between Maui, Sauvressa, and those in favor of shuttling the captive to the White Cloaks; I'm happy to keep this going, just didn't want to drag it out.[/sblock]

Tark

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I think I'd prefer the actual fate of the halfling to remain a mystery and allow the characters to fill in the gaps in remembrance.

As to the fights? Holy freaking crap that master summoner was annoying as hell. Actually scratch that, he was absolutely lmean. I think this was a rare instance I really wish we had someone with glitter dust or faerie fire on our side. That would have made him much easier to deal with as he could just be shot. As it was I felt we had to rush him or he'd just keep up the dog spam.

As for treasure I kind of want a cracked blue rhomboid stone...[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
OOC: I'm happy to keep RPing but it also might be nice to do it the way Tark says as what will happen will certainly show a brutality and dark side to Maui that may perhaps be better imagined/implied rather than run explicitly.

But like I said, happy either way.

As for [MENTION=6673727]Qik[/MENTION] as a DM: I enjoy playing in your adventures personally. I know combats with you are always deadly. You almost killed Relic and this one could have easily been a wipe if you hadn't judged that Maui's challenge of the stone would actually be taken up ( a desperate act). Surviving feels like an achievement :) This actually seems to set up another adventure with what we have learnt about the Ears. And the Stone itself is a very interesting catalyst that can easily return to play a role for good and ill in other adventures.

In short: thanks mate! I enjoyed it!

jkason

First Post

"You're a generous man, Phedilo," Eanos says with a bow of his head. "I'm glad we could help, though sorry we had so much trouble with this one." Here he nods to the bound and gagged summoner.

He shoves the halfling roughly out the door of their employer's home, where Maui waits with blood in his eyes. Eanos holds a moment, then seems to come to a decision.

"Maui, we got all we can out of this one. Time to give him over to the city guard, yes? I get so turned 'round in the city, not been here long. Thought maybe you and Tanihwa could take him to the closest outpost?"

He refuses to make eye contact with the halfling as he hands him over to the jungle druid.

[sblock=ooc]I figure this sets things up so that there can be mystery as to the halfling's final fate, so maybe Maui's chilled in the interim, or maybe he's gotten all the more wrathful, but neither choice needs to be 'on screen,' since that seems to be the basic tenor of comments I'm seeing? Heck, if someone decides to re-use the halfling later, they can even throw in a 'left for dead' element since there aren't any rolls to confirm. :)

As to the adventure, the second attack might have been a touch quick, but given the time shift, it wasn't all that jarring. Invisible summoners are nearly unbeatable without some means of locating them, obviously, but now you've given a sound RP reason for why Eanos is going to make sure he's got scrolls or wands available. :)

In terms of treasure, I have an ioun stone question: looking on the srd, they don't take an item slot, and the text says they avoid each other in orbits. I'm reading that to mean that a character can have multiple stones? Both the stealth and the per/SM stones would be good fits for Eanos; not sure if anyone else is interested in them.[/sblock]

Remove ads