[LPF] Precious Cargo

Qik

First Post
Phedilo waits in his storeroom/workshop as the others ferry their prisoner downstairs and out the back door. Resigned to his presumed fate - a prison cell - until now, the halfling's eyes shoot open in surprise when Eanos hands him off to Maui. The others watch as Maui eagerly hustles his charge into the shadows of the alleyway, Taniwha following close behind, licking her lips, as the trio walks off into an unknown fate...

[sblock=OOC]We'll call it there. :) That way Maui's secrets stay secrets, at least for the time being. Thanks for the setup, jk.

Thanks for the feedback, all. I'm glad to hear some positive amid the negative. Obviously the first meeting with the summoner was intended to be especially tough. The real motivation for that on my end was that I didn't want your confrontation with him to be one-and-done; seeing how the second fight with him went, I feel right in my judgment: he got some great rolls in the second fight, and you still took him down fairly easily. Were that to have been the only confrontation with him, it most definitely would have felt like a let-down for me.

As far as the way the first fight with him ended: the initial plan was to have him retreat once you had defeated his eidolon. When you all took him out of the fight so quickly, though, and the halfling was unable to get into position to heal him, I decided to keep it going. After a few maxed out summons (made all the more powerful via Superior Summoning), it became clear that a way out was needed. I had thought about a few possible interventions from Phedilo (the See Invisibility wand, or having him cast Glitterdust), or maybe having the stone whisk you all off; you would then have had the opportunity rest up before the stone whisked you back, which would have plopped you right on top of the halfling (who would have had been carrying the stone). But I didn't like the idea of a clear Deus Ex Machina on my part, so I was just trying to ride the wave, and when Maui issued his plea, I rolled a Diplomacy roll, which came out rolled great, so I decided to act in that regard. So anyway, that's a little insight into the how and why of things.

I do intend to keep tying various things I do into the Ears; by keeping things vague ("they're searching for magic items!"), it gives me a lot of flexibility for the future. Eventually, I want to do a much larger-scale adventure based on them in Illi Esse, seeking to "open the doors" to other worlds, but that is very much a work-in-progress at this point.

Thanks again for playing, all, and being such a great group. I'll work on getting the final numbers together sometime today.

Also, jk: my understanding is that yes, you can have multiple ioun stones in use. Ni actually has two right now, and he checked out okay, so I'm assuming that my belief is correct.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Coolness. Alrighty, then, if no one else wants them, Eanos would like the ruby trillion (+stealth) and one of the dark blue rhomboids (+per/SM). The rest of his treasure he'll take in coin. :)

It's been fun! :)[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Right! So here are the numbers. My thanks to [MENTION=88649]perrinmiller[/MENTION] for slogging through them in my wake.

57 days
800 encounter XP each
1174.25 encounter GP each

Maui
1239 starting XP + 591 time XP [9 days @ 7 XP/day (63) + 48 days @ 11 XP/day (528)] + 800 encounter XP = 2630 final XP
1391 total XP earned
582 time GP [9 days @ 6 GP/day (54) + 48 days @ 11 GP/day (528)] + 1174.25 encounter GP = 1756.25 total GP earned

Eanos
4923 starting XP + 981 time XP [39 days @ 15 XP/day (585) + 18 days @ 22/day (396)] + 800 encounter XP = 6704 final XP
1781 XP earned
1113 time GP [39 days @ 17 GP/day (663) + 18 days @ 25 GP/day (450)] + 1174.25 encounter GP = 2287.25 total GP earned

Fulgrim
5057 starting XP + 995 time XP [37 days @ 15 XP/day (555) + 20 days @ 22/day (440)] + 800 encounter XP = 6852 final XP
1795 XP earned
1129 time GP [37 days @ 17 GP/day (629) + 20 days @ 25 GP/day (500)] + 1174.25 encounter GP = 2303.25 total GP earned

Tamarel
3434 starting XP + 855 time XP (57 days @ 15/day) + 800 encounter XP = 5089 final XP
1655 XP earned
969 time GP (57 days @ 17/day) + 1174.25 encounter GP = 2143.25 total GP earned

jbear

First Post
Maui bares his teeth.

"Haere mai Taniwha!" The cheetah springs to its feet a deep growl in his throat as though recognising the halfling.

"Aye, we will take te Dog Master. We take him to an out post."

Maui takes the halfling roughly by the scruff of the neck and walks away. Those who knew the city well could tell either that Maui also had little idea of where the closest outpost was or if he did he wasn't headed in that direction.

[sblock=OOC] I look forward to the next one Qik! :D Thanks again mate!!

[MENTION=2710]jkason[/MENTION]: take 100gp from Maui's treasure to cover wand charges so I'll take 1656.25 gp [/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Thanks to Qik & PM. Level madness soon to commence. :D

Qik, will you be updating the first post with the final numbers, or should I link to this post on Eanos' sheet?

jkason: take 100gp from Maui's treasure to cover wand charges so I'll take 1656.25 gp

As I said before, I wouldn't worry about it at all, jbear. If you really feel you must, I'll add the gold to Eanos, but I see the wand charges as the cost of picking a non-channeling divine class. It's a pittance compared to the TPK that would have resulted if Eanos couldn't heal anyone. :)

Okay, since no one else has piped up, Eanos is taking the two stones I mentioned. I may wind up selling them when I take the time to review what other gear I want for Eanos, but for now, it's two ioun stones (600 gp total), remaining gold of 1687.25 (1787.25 if jbear still wants me to take that 100). It's been a hoot, folks.

And awayyy we go. :)[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Thanks PM.

First page updated with the final numbers. Also, not to be greedy, but [MENTION=88649]perrinmiller[/MENTION], could I get my DMCs please when you have the opportunity? :)

IronWolf

blank
[sblock=OOC]

Sorry to be scarce the past few days! My week went ballistic!

I enjoyed the game, the encounter with that summoner was quite challenging. Probably the most challenged fight Fulgrim has faced yet without being over the top. I thought you ran a very solid game [MENTION=6673727]Qik[/MENTION]!

Had a great group of players for this one as well. It was a pleasure gaming with each of you!

[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
No worries, IW; I figured it was RL. I appreciate the comments! Glad Fulgrim lived to tell the tale. ;)

Thanks for calculating the DMCs, PM.

Remove ads