[LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 2

Aura

Villager

GM: Aura
Judge: GlassEye
Start Date: Dec 18, 2013
End Date: April 1, 2014

Player List and Initial XP:
Hawk (Tailspinner) 0xp
Alec Morgan (BokaliMali) 0xp
Wahyu (Commander Fallout) 0xp
Cruendithas Beestinger the Treasure Hunter (BigB) 0 xp
Abram "owlbear" Samson (Matthew Ashburn) 0 xp

GM Expectations/Rules/Whatnot:
(1) I try to be a supportive GM and hope everyone will have fun. My message box is open if you need to contact me privately.
(2) I like the coyotecode.net die roller best for it's most direct roll history function (assuming you use the same name every time). I will probably make my own life easier with just good 'ol physical dice.
(3) We're doing group initiative using average initiative value, which means that once your team has the initiative, actions can be resolved in whatever order people post. Those on the losing team (initiative-wise) side, with above team average initiative scores, might be awarded (a pre-initiative action if their individual value beats the entire winning team.
(4) Players are encouraged to at least check on the game on a daily basis. When real life makes posting that difficult or impossible, please leave AFK messages if possible. (Note: Since we're coming up on Christmas, so slowdowns are expected.)
(5) Please include a Mini Stats block with every post that has some sort of mechanical effect, from combat to skill rolls.
[sblock=Example MiniStats]
[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
[URL="http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Charity_%28Aura%29"][B][COLOR=#0066cc]Charity[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
[COLOR=blue]AC:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]19 (18 flat-footed, 13 touch)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]HP:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]14/14[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]CMB:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]+3[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]CMD:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]14[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Fort:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]+3[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]Reflex:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]+2[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]Will:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]+3[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Perception:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]+6[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]Sense Motive:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]+5[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Initiative:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]+1[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Current Weapon in Hand:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]Shortsword(right), Glaive(unwielded,left)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Current Conditions in Effect:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]Ioun Torch, Shield of Faith (9 rounds, added in)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Temporary items in possession:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]shortsword[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Items not currently in possession:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]Silk Rope[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Items depleted:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]none[/COLOR]
[/sblock]

[/sblock]
(6) Please use spoiler blocks for all OOC information:[sblock=spoiler name]spoiler text[/sblock]
(7) I may make some rolls for you, such as perception checks, saving throws, opportunity attacks, etc, to move the adventure along smoothly.


 
Last edited:

Aura

Villager
[sblock=Encounter Rewards XP]Encounter 1: Poisonous Snake (CR 2)
Characters Present: Alec, Cruendithas, Hawk, Wahyu
XP each = 150

Encounter 2: Lone Rat (CR 0.33)
Characters Present: Alec, Cruendithas, Hawk, Wahyu
XP each = 35

Encounter 3: Catacombs Battle (CR 4)
Characters Present: Cruendithas, Hawk, Wahyu
XP each = 400

Encounter 4: Crypt Battle (CR 4)
Characters Present: Cruendithas, Hawk, Wahyu
XP each = 400

Encounter XP Totals:
Abram = 0
Alec = 185
Cruendithas = 985
Hawk = 985
Wahyu = 985[/sblock]

[sblock=Encounter Rewards GP]Encounter 1: Poisonous Snake (CR 2)
Characters Present: Alec, Cruendithas, Hawk, Wahyu
GP total = 800, GP each = 200

Encounter 2: Lone Rat (CR 0.33)
Characters Present: Alec, Cruendithas, Hawk, Wahyu
GP total = 133, GP each = 33

Encounter 3: Catacombs Battle (CR 4)
Characters Present: Cruendithas, Hawk, Wahyu
GP total = 1700, each = 566.67

Encounter 4: Crypt Battle (CR 4)
Characters Present: Cruendithas, Hawk, Wahyu
GP total = 1700, each = 566.67

Encounter GP Totals:
Abram= 0
Alec = 233
Cruendithas = 1366
Hawk = 1366
Wahyu = 1366
[/sblock]

[sblock=Latest Activity]Abram: Dec 23, 2013
Alec: Jan 31, 2014
Cruendithas: finished April 1, 2014
Hawk: finished April 1, 2014
Wahyu: finished April 1, 2014[/sblock]

[sblock=Abram and Alec totals]Abram Time Award = 5 days TBX/TGP = 35 xp/30 gp
Abram total = 35 xp/30 gp
Alec Time award = 44 days TBX/TGP = 308 xp/264 gp
Alec total = 493 xp/497 gp[/sblock]

[sblock=Hawk, Wahyu and Crue]Time spent at level 1 (Dec 18-Mar 15) = 88 days = 616 TBX/528 TGP
Time spent at level 2 (Mar 16-Apr 1) = 16 days = 176 TBX/176 TGP
Encounter Awards (see above blocks) = 985 XP/1366 GP
Total Awards = 1777 XP/2070 GP[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

GlassEye

Community Supporter
[sblock=Judge Stuff]Totals for Cruendithas, Hawk, and Wahyu are below.

XP: 1,777
GP: 2,070
(This includes encounter xp/gp and time-based xp/gp earned.)

These 3 characters reached 2nd level on 16 March 2014 (and gained TBX/TBG as 2nd level from that point) after the battle in the Crypt put them well over the goal for 2nd level. I can give out specific numbers if you really want them.

[sblock=Aura]You gave out a little bit more treasure than the encounters should have had by the book but time-based gold earned more than covered that so it's golden. Also, you earned 7.28 DM credits[/sblock][/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Aura

Villager
At Moretti's Table in the Dunn Wright Inn

Antonio.jpgCarla.jpg
..........Mr Moretti.................Carla, The Maid.......

(continued from the DWI thread)

At that moment the maid and Alec return with drinks, which are quickly spread around the table and chairs provided for all. All seated, Moretti continues, "Ah, but where are my manners? I'm Antonio Moretti, and I fancy myself a glass artist. I didn't quite... ah... catch any of your names in all of the chatter. Not only for my own good, but for that of your prospective teammates, if you could all introduce yourselves and mention what skills you bring, we shall get down to brass tacks."

With that, Mr Moreti takes a sip of the house brew... and winces.
 

Aura

Villager
[sblock=Approvals]
Satin Knights pointed out a GM is allowed to accept characters with only 1 approval into their game while the character get their second approval. I'm invoking this option to get the game rolling. Second (final) approvals should come out here and there over the course of the game. I mention this in case anyone is concerned over the issue.
[/sblock]
 

Tailspinner

Explorer
Hawk, Little Halfling with a Big Sword

The small woman clears her throat. "I go by Hawk and I am a warrior of some skill."

[sblock=Hawk Mini Stats]
Hawk
AC: 19 (15 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +2 CMD: 16

Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword(2-handed)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None[/sblock]
 
Last edited:
I am the best bare-knuckles boxer you've ever seen! I can do more with my fists than a dwarf with an axe,and who needs a sword when you've got " Lord Thurston" kisses his right fist and "The Tenderizer" kisses his left fist. He looks at the Halfling after his sword comment, and bows his head No offense.

[sblock=ministats]
Abram "Owlbear" Samson
Initiative:
+2 Perception: +4
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 14 Current: 14
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +0
Current Weapon in Hand: fists
Unarmed strike:
Attack: +5 = [BAB (1) + STR (4) + Misc (0) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 1d3+4, Crit: 20/x2, Special: lethal or nonlethal
Grapple:
Attack: +5 = [BAB (1) + STR (4) + Misc (0) + Magic (0)]
Special: successful check and both parties gain the grappled condition



[/sblock]
 

BigB

Villager
cruendithas.jpg

Cruendithas the gnome listens to the others with some interest. " I am Cruendithas a seaker of adventure. I have studied or have some knowledge of most topics and a few tricks up my sleeve."

[sblock=mini stats]
Cruendithas
Initiative +1
AC: 20 (with shield/ Flat:19, Touch: 12)
HP: 10 current: 10
CMB: -1 / CMD: 10 Fort: +1 / Ref: +3 / Will: +3
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Whip
0 Lvl Spells:
Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand

1st Lvl Spells: 3/3 per day
Cure Light Wounds, Grease

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances
[/sblock]
 

Aura

Villager
At Moretti's Table in the Dunn Wright Inn

Antonio.jpg
.......Antonio Moretti.......

Mr Moretti nods, then runs his fingers through his beard, thinking. A good look a the sleeve of his rather expensive tunic makes it obvious the garment is old and somewhat worn out. He addresses each of those who have introduced themselves in turn, starting with Hawk, "It is a pleasure to meet you, Hawk. A strong sword is a good member for the team. Oh, I was perfectly serious when I suggested that you might soon be able to live somewhere better than the planks. It's not safe there."

Turning his attention to Abram, he listens, smirking a bit, and nods when the introduction is over. "Well, I see we are amongst royalty! Lord Thurston and The Tenderizer it is. I shall make sure to bet on you if ever placing wagers for a pit fight, I assure you."

Then finally, he cocks his head downward a bit to address Cruendithas, his gaze falling upon the gnome squarely. "Ah, Cruendithas, a scholar, indeed! I'm not entirely sure how much you'll need to know to help me with my problem, but knowledge is its own reward. And Venza is well served to have those about who can think as well as do battle."

Then his eyes scan the remaining job seekers, with particular interest in the small cloaked figure sitting at the table.
 
The cloaked figure looked back, though raising his head did nothing to dispel the shadows obscuring the face behind his nose. Rather he did it himself, again reaching his emaciated arms out beyond the folds of his cloak to remove his hood. Beneath the nose, a toothy grin stretched from ear to long pointed ear. On either side sat a large yellow eye, and on top sat a crown of sorts, covering his heavily oiled and slicked-back hair, which reached back and up like a hook. He looked as though someone had taken a normal face and pulled it forward. "My name is Wahyu," he began, "Speaker of sooths and truths, concealer and exposer of spirits and trickery, and a chosen oracle of the fair Lady of Sorrows. I find myself to be a staunch ally in times of trouble, and I can heal your wounded if need be." He chuckled, "I'm also not terrible with a crossbow..."

[sblock= Wahyu's Mini Stats]

Wahyu
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 9/9
CMB: -1 CMD: 11
Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +3, Darkvision 60 ft
Initiative: +6
Current Weapon in Hand: Light Crossbow (+2, 1d6+0, 19-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: -
Spells Remaining (1st): 4/4

Used Items:
-

Abilities Used:
-
[/sblock]
 

Tailspinner

Explorer
Hawk, Little Halfling with a Big Sword

Hawk listens intently to the others as they introduce themselves. Since she will be working with them it will be better to know as much as possible about them.

[sblock=Hawk Mini Stats]
Hawk
AC: 19 (15 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +2 CMD: 16

Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword(2-handed)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None[/sblock]
 

BokaliMali

Villager
Alec was a little thrown off by Wahyu's dramatic reveal. He had no clue what that guy was. "I do alchemy, like I said... I guess I can hold my own in a fight. I mean, I can do the job for sure. It's bugs or rats or something right? I can handle bugs."

[sblock=Alec Mini Stats]
Alec Morgan
AC: 14 (11 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB: +4 CMD: 15

Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Perception: +5 Acrobatics, Climb: +4Swim: +5
Initiative: +3

Current Weapon in Hand: Spear
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Spells remaining: Bomber's eye, Dex Mutagen
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]
 

Aura

Villager
At Moretti's Table in the Dunn Wright Inn

Antonio.jpgCarla.jpg
..........Mr Moretti.................Carla, The Maid.......

Mr Moretti takes in a breath upon seeing Wahyu's appearance, but quickly recomposes himself. "Ah, well healing is always welcome. And a good shot with a crossbow is useful too. I must admit, Wahyu, it's my first time seeing someone quite like you. Well met!"

Turning his attention to Alec, the elderly man almost seems relieved. "Ah, Alec it is? Well, then, pleased to meet you. Hopefully your skills in the solute and the solution will serve you well. Alchemy can be an artform, which I well appreciate. Hmmm, now where were we?"

Having watched the entire proceedings quietly, the green skinned maid speaks up, "You were about to describe the job, your expectations, and the retainer, sir."

"Ah, right. The nuts and bolts of the deal," Mr Moretti starts up from the prompt. "So many of you look rather new to Venza and might have not heard yet, but the number of rats in the city has been increasing at a moderately alarming rate. And not just ordinary rats, but also their rather monstrous cousins, which are sized like dogs. There have been a few breakouts, including a wine cellar earlier this month. Sadly, my family's final resting place has become the location of another breakout. I contacted Commander Jacobson, the White Cloak in charge of my district, Incudine. However, she said that the White Cloaks cannot police every rat problem in the city, even if they wanted to, and recommended I seek other assistance. The White Cloaks... ha! Some help they are!" He sits back in his chair and takes a longer sip of his drink, obviously fighting back his distaste for it.

"So, I come here and find you five fine.... individuals. And so, here is the offer. You travel with Carla, my loyal maid, to my estate in Incundine, Venza's famous trade district. Meanwhile, I will retire to my hotel room were I am staying until things are all clear. Go into the lower level of our family crypt and kill the rats off. Make sure to keep a sharp eye out for anything that would indicate why they suddenly appeared on my property. Apparently, nobody is sure what is going on, and I would not mind being able to enlighten the rest of Venza with valued information, should you find anything. Oh, and this isn't an 'adventure' of any kind, please respect family property. I will ensure you are adequately compensated for your time."

With that, Carla sets down five small pouches. Mr Moretti looks up at her, nods, and continues, "And finally, anyone accepting will be started out with retainer of 100 gold crowns to make any additions to their supplies deemed necessary to function adequately for the job." He holds up one of the pouches and shakes it gently, the sound of tumbling coins can be heard across the table. "Do we have a deal?"

[sblock=Skill Checks]
The following skill checks can be made. The first is KN: Nature, DC 11. However, this check may only be made trained. The second is Healing, DC 15. This check may be made untrained.

Here is an example of a die roll on the CoyoteCode Dice Roller:
Example KN: Nature check: 1D20+3 = [14]+3 = 17

Assuming I properly use the same name for every instance, a roll history will be built up over time for AuraGM. This is what I recommend players do. Also try to be relatively descriptive with the Notes field, particularly in combat. If you're using situational modifiers, like Power Attack, put it in there as well.
[/sblock]
 
He grinned. "This is not surprising. Rarely has one of my own kind ventured farther than a few miles from the dark city, at least, not without approval of the Oracles. In that regard, I believe I am the first official emissary to Venza, in hopes that I can learn about the culture and its peoples. That being said, I don't see why I should not help, especially if it means helping the city that shall be my home for the foreseeable future. I accept." He clasped his hands together at his chest and bowed his head.
[sblock=OOC]Wahyu doesn't have ranks in either, but he might as well try.
Heal check: 1D20 = [18] = 18[/sblock]
[sblock= Wahyu's Mini Stats]

Wahyu
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 9/9
CMB: -1 CMD: 11
Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +3, Darkvision 60 ft
Initiative: +6
Current Weapon in Hand: Light Crossbow (+2, 1d6+0, 19-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: -
Spells Remaining (1st): 4/4

Used Items:
-

Abilities Used:
-
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Tailspinner

Explorer
Hawk, Little Halfling with a Big Sword

Hawk listens to the proposal, pauses for a moment for contemplation and then nods her head. "Deal!"

[sblock=OOC]Untrained Heal skill check: 1D20 = [13] = 13[/sblock]
[sblock=Hawk Mini Stats]
Hawk
AC: 19 (15 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +2 CMD: 16

Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword(2-handed)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None[/sblock]
 

BigB

Villager
cruendithas.jpg
Cruendithas stares at Wahyu and then realizes he is staring and excitedly accepts the offer and picks up one bag of coins liking the feel of his first payment.

"Oh uhm ah yes of course I will accept your offer. I appreciate fine things and understand your concern for your home. A mystery it is that we shall attempt to solve as we cleanse your home of the unwanted rodents."

[sblock]
Kn Nature check 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20
Healing check 1D20+1 = [7]+1 = 8
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Cruendithas
Initiative +1
AC: 20 (with shield/ Flat:19, Touch: 12)
HP: 10 current: 10
CMB: -1 / CMD: 10 Fort: +1 / Ref: +3 / Will: +3
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Whip(+1, 1d2 crit x2, special: disarm, nonlethal, reach 15’, trip)

Spell Like Abilities: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation, Speak with Animals

0 Lvl Spells:
Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand

1st Lvl Spells: 3/3 per day
Cure Light Wounds, Grease

[/sblock]
 

Aura

Villager
[sblock=Successful KN:Nature or Heal check]
Several people made this check. You therefore know that rat bites can transmit a fever that is potentially fatal. It can be fought more effctively with Antiplague, successful Heal checks or, in a case where the victim nears death, a Remove Disease spell.
[/sblock]
 

Aura

Villager
At Moretti's Table in the Dunn Wright Inn

Antonio.jpgCarla.jpg
........Mr Moretti..............Carla, The Maid......

Mr Moretti smiles, folding his hands. "Excellent! Then it is decided. If you have any questions, now would be the time to ask... the whole run about has made me tired and I would like to get back to the hotel where I can rest for a while. Carla... if you would..."

"Yes, Mr Moretti, of course." The maid circles the table, handing each of you a pouch of gold coins with rough, hard working hands. Her response to him seemed more pleasant this time.
 

Advertisement

Top