[LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 2

Commander_Fallout

First Post
The oracle nodded, "Aye, well, if you believe this to be best, then I shall not be one to argue with you. I have no skill in painting, though, so I do not know what to do with these walls."
He thought for a moment, stroking his chin. He snapped his fingers and reached into his bag, pulling out the brown cloak from before, "We found this cloak, lying in the submerged room. I do not know its origin."

Aura

Explorer
A Hard (Two) Day's Work

Carla examines the robe found by the edge of the invading water and comments that she'll give it to Commander Jacobson for further examination. Just a little bit more ironing out of the details and the entire haul becomes yours, with little more than a promise to help clean things up/paint the walls. Mr Moretti is spared having to ever be confronted by the dark side of his family past, something Carla seems very interested in seeing never happens.

On top of it all, she even pays you as originally agreed, about 500gp each past the retainer. All told, it's a pretty handsome sum for a day's work and a pint* of halfling blood. You put a second day towards fulfilling Carla's deal, and by the time you're done, the only things left in the crypt are stone slabs, skeletal remains, and grey painted walls. Any sign of demon worship has been removed for when the craftsmen come in to fix the doors the rats chewed through and the wall the water broke through.

* Adjust for small size. :)

Carla bids you farewell, and you're off with your rewards. Thoughts of celebration at the Dunn Wright Inn and a shopping spree at the Mystic Pearl come to mind as you head back, chattering amongst yourselves about your adventure together.

The End, Congratulations!

[sblock=accounting]Alright, I'm not sure who does the time based accounting, but I think it's the judge. I did, however, run down the encounter based accounting, both in terms of gold and experience, and have posted the results for GE's perusal on the first page of the adventure. I think it's right, but I'm not used to this type of accounting since I'm a dirty AdHoc GM in my tabletop game. So you'll want to wait for his say in the matter before you go shopping.

However, I'm quite certain all three finishing characters made second level. So, you know you have that to look forward to. It's only a matter of how much you have towards 3rd.

The loot haul is a few odd items and mostly gold and semiprecious gems that were used as part of the alter to the demon lord. Bags on the table even had some silver coin in them. The special items were:
- Masterwork Dagger (302 gp) - Old Venzan design, an exceptional blade, if you can get over the eerie feeling it may have been used in evil rituals.
- Masterwork Shortsword (310 gp) - Made in Rorn, the Tiefling's side arm.
- Wand of Magic Missiles, 25 charges (375 gp) - The human woman's 'side arm', scripted in Old Landellian.
- Masterwork Silver Morningstar (398gp) - Venzan manufacture, the patriach's side arm.
- Wand of Cure Light Wounds, 10 charges (150 gp) - Scripted in Venzan, also at the patriach's side.

Buyout prices are noted. Anyone that wants an item merely has to 'pay' for it out of their gold allotment.

So what happens next is we get you the final numbers, you go shopping, submit your characters in the level advancement thread, whoop it up in the DWI for a while. I am currently 2/3 done with ROUS 3 for anyone that is interested, although we are changing gears from just rat killing and getting more into the why's of what is going on. Hopefully we can refresh the ranks with some recruits as well.

That's all I can think of for now. If you have questions, feel free to ask. We have a few days before I iron out the details in ROUS 3.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Quick and dirty numbers for Cruendithas, Hawk, and Wahyu are in the third post first page (plus your DM credits Aura). I can give a more detailed breakdown if anyone wants it. Good job all on making it through!

Aura

Explorer
I'm glad you had a good time, Tailspinner. I hope everyone did.

A couple things on the accounting:
(1) The 100 crown (gold) retainer you received at the start of the adventure is included in the amount GE announced. Basically, it's the sum of wealth for the entire pt 2.
(2) Make sure to mark off the Antitoxins you used and account for them in your finances. Oh, by the way, as a matter of accounting, although one failed save for the Filth Fever did happen, both Hawk and Crue manage to beat the disease. There should be plenty of time for lost CON to return, when you work out the time-threading.

PS: I have included the XP/GP calculations and, after a quick discussion with GE, located and corrected mistakes. TBX and TGP are also now included. So the numbers you see in posts 2 and 3 now match. Thanks, GE, for riding along and providing guidance, and hope to see everyone in ROUS 3. Watch the DWI, the usual drill. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads