[LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 2

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
"Very well then. Lets move on." Amazed the Hafling can stand let alone is looking for another fight Cruendithas follows her out of the room with a shrug to Wahyu as if to say don't ask me. And with no more healing spells he hopes she can stay upright and conscious as he does not like their odds if he needs to become the sword wielder of the group.

Commander_Fallout

First Post
"Aye, let's be about it. I feel our task may be near to an end... But where has that doctor gotten off to?" Wahyu glanced around curiously, while walking towards the door, "I trust he hasn't gotten lost on us..."

[sblock=OOC]Wahyu moves out of the room and down the unexplored part of the hall[/sblock]
[sblock= Wahyu's Mini Stats]
wayangavi_zpsd834477b.png

Wahyu
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 9/9
CMB: -1 CMD: 11
Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +3, Darkvision 60 ft
Initiative: +6
Current Weapon in Hand: Light Crossbow (+2, 1d6+0, 19-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Detect Magic
Spells Remaining (1st): 3/4

Used Items:
- Antiplague

Abilities Used:
-
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
The intrepid rat-slayers step back out into the hallway to continue their armed mayhem. However, as Wahyu suspected, the work seems to be at an end. It turns out the only unexplored portion of the catacombs finish up a full circuit, making the place very easy to search. What rats you do find are (a) normal and (b) mostly leaving, particularly around the watery broken section. Whatever drew their interest to this place is now apparently gone.

This leaves only the formality of wrapping things up and getting paid. On this issue, you know Carla is in the house. And although you suspect Matthew may very well be still guarding the yard from rat encroachment, Alec managed to slip away when you were otherwise occupied.

[sblock=Welcome to Level 2]It is my pleasure to announce that there is sufficient experience for Hawk, Cruendithas and Wahyu all to level up. You can start working on your stats, although I'd hold off on submitting for level increase review until we have final XP and GP all figured out for you. There is still how you handle the post adventure payout that has some effect on how things go.[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Hawk, Little Halfling with a Big Sword

After completing the search of the area and noting that the rat problem is at an end, Hawk turns to her companions. "Well! I guess that is it. Should we go report to Carla?"

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
"Ah yes I think payment is in order. We have done a splendid job. The rats are running away as we speak. Quite a heoroic tale for Miss Hawk is in order and the stealthy mysterious Wahyu as well! This calls for a drink!" Smiling he follows the others to find their way out and speak with Carla.

Commander_Fallout

First Post
The stealthy, mysterious Wahyu grinned, "Aye, friends, our mission is through, though there is something I must ask about..." He gestured to his pack where he had placed the shards of the goblet, "Truly I am curious as to our employers heritage, though, it may be rude to ask."

Aura

Explorer
To See the Maid

The three of you head back up the stairs and to the ground level. Outside you find Matthew, who joins you as you go to talk to the maid. Before knocking, Matthew explains Alec left in a hurry, only saying time was of the essence. He said something else, but it was too hard to hear and he headed down the street. Matthew shrugs.

Finally, you knock on the back door. After a short while, Carla shows up, a questioning look upon her face. "So, did you kill the rats? Find any evidence of what is going on and why?" She shifts her feet anxiously as she asks, clearly interested in what happened.

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
With a look to his companions attempting to let them know he was up to something Cruendithas steps to the front of the group. "Well an interesting problem this was. As you see there is a breach in the catacombs and one room in particular the door was broken. Inside we found 2 very large mutated rat creatures which we disposed of as per our contract. With these taken care of, at great personal sacrifice of our own, the normal rats seemed to lose interest and left without further persuasion. I suggest our benefactor seal up the catacombs and deal with the water that has accumulated. It is strange however why these rats wanted in this particular room. Is something going on in there that would cause this?"

[sblock]Cruendithas is trying to negotiate a higher payout for going above and beyond just killing rats.
diplomacy check 1D20+6 = [9]+6 = 15
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Carla the Maid
The orc-blooded maid tries to get the 'jist of what Cruendithas has to say, her expression showing a mix of confusion and concern. "I'm not sure what, if anything, would mutate rats. Which room do you mean? And a breach, can I see it? Any other clues?" She steps out of the house with obvious intent of going down there.

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
Seeing he is not quite getting his point across Cruendithas resolves to collect and move on. "Well yes we can show you. Though I must admit the danger seems to be resolved perhaps it is better if the area is dried up first. Do you require a tour before we are compensated? We still bear wounds from the battles with these mutations you see. As for the source of the problem there seems to have been an evil presence that also seems to have been dealt with."

Remove ads