[LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 2

Aura

Explorer
Carla the Maid
Heading towards the underground entrance, Cruendithas' words bring Carla to an abrupt stop. She speaks in a subdued tone, not bothering to turn around to specifically address any one person. "I promised Mr. Moretti I'd check out the work personally. Now you come talking about mutations and evil presences. As if dog-sized rats weren't bad enough. Please… don't make me do this alone."

G

Guest 11456

Hawk, Little Halfling with a Big Sword

Hawk moves to the front as the group, with Carla, approaches the mausoleum. "Don't worry Carla, I'll protect you. Cruendithas, why don't you grab a fresh torch out of the bin."

Last edited by a moderator:

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
Cruendithas a feeling of defeay as his attempts certainly went differently than planned accepts the groups decision and moves to collect a fresh torch. "Um yes probably best to do another once over."

Aura

Explorer
Checking Out

The once over goes without much question for most of the check-out. Carla positions herself in the midst of your group at all times, eyes peering into the darkness seeking every little detail. She observes the one rat blown up in the Triclinium, offering that it was very much like the one she saw. Although the maid bemoans the damage to the furniture from the explosive used by Alec, she admits things like that can happen battle. However, Carla gasps in horror at the bodies of the two larger rats in the hallway battle, expressing she had no idea they could get so big, then going quiet.

Nothing would have prepared Carla for the aftermath of the final battle, though. Beasts larger than ever before, clearly corrupted by some unseen force, demonic artwork on the walls, and an unknown consort of possible extra-planar origin. And valuables… weapons, wands, shiny objects from the corrupt altar. She looks on in abject shock, clearly unprepared for any of this.

Carla the Maid
"This defies all reason," she whispers, eyes taking in the horror. "If Mr Moretti sees any of this, he will be crushed. The rumors died out years ago… but they're true…"

G

Guest 11456

Hearing Carla mention rumors makes Hawk wonder and after just a brief pause she speaks up. "Carla, what rumors?"

Aura

Explorer
Carla the Maid
"That the Moretti family had consorted with demons, bearing tainted children," Carla replies flatly to the halfling warrior. "The rumor waned over the years, virtually disappearing a generation or two ago." She looks at the skeletal remains of the tiefling, "Now we find the rumor was almost surely based in truth. How do I tell this to Mr. Moretti?"

G

Guest 11456

Hawk ponders that for a pregnant moment. "Why does he need to know? We could get rid of the bodies. He would never need to know."

Aura

Explorer
Carla the Maid
Carla stops and thinks a while, then suggests, very tentatively, "Well, they're part of the family. Even his… consort." Her green-hued hand waves in the direction of the Tiefling remains. "I think Mr Moretti would be most upset over this demon worship. If you could remove the stuff, leave the bodies and burial clothes, and… repaint the walls," her voice wavers a bit, "you can keep anything valuable you cart out of here in the process."

[sblock=other valuable stuff]The altar is adorned with all sorts of valuable items, even if only assessed on the basis of their gold and precious stone content. There is also bags of unopened stuff on the table opposite to it. Add in the wands and the weapons, you've got some serious cash here.[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
Cruendithas satisfied to let Hawk negotiate after his bumbling attempt can no longer hold back. "I suppose we could do that indeed. Most kind of you. I hope our benefactor appreciates you as you deserve. Not many employees would think of their boss' best interest as you have."

Remove ads