• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 3

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Wahyu chuckled and gestured off to the side of the trail. "Get out of sight, out of mind, and stay still and silent. I shall look ahead, and possibly try to lead whatever it is away from the trail. If I do not return in five minutes, continue on. I shall catch up, have no worry."

With that, he dismounted, handing off Ridley's reins. Turning to the sound of the noises, he knelt in the dirt and muttered another prayer in his strange, native tongue, before lifting his hood over onto his head and vanishing into the undergrowth.
[sblock=OOC]He activates his Racial SLA: Pass Without Trace (which lasts for 3 hours, just in case. :p), before going stealth mode and moving towards the noise.

Also, he'll take 10 on his stealth (21)[/sblock]
[sblock= Wahyu's Mini Stats]
wayangavi_zpsd834477b.png

Wahyu
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 23/23
CMB: 1 CMD: 13
Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +5
Perception: +5, Darkvision 60 ft
Initiative: +6
Current Weapon in Hand: Light Crossbow (+5, 1d6+0, 19-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Pass Without Trace
Spells Remaining (1st): 6/6

Used Items:
-

Abilities Used:
SLA: Pass Without Trace
[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Hawk, Little Halfling with a Big Sword

Hawk shrugs, nods to Wahyu and then looks toward where he is pointing trying to determine the best place to hide the rest of the group, mounts included.

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Action: Trying to spot a good hiding place for the group or several hiding places if one place will not accommodate the entire group with mounts minus Wahyu.

Roll: Perception check: 1D20+8 = [17]+8 = 25[/sblock][sblock=Hawk Mini Stats]Hawk
AC: 20 (16 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 38/38
CMB: +4 CMD: 18

Fort: +6 Reflex: +6 Will: +2
Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword(2-handed)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Rage Rounds remaining Today: 10/10[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
Mystie nudges Bubba to follow Hawk into a hiding spot. With the yapping of dog like creatures, she quietly recasts her Breeze spell with a different direction, pulling air from their direction in hopes of hiding the group's scent.
[sblock=Actions]Bubba: follow Hawk
Mystie: Cast Breeze blowing in her face so that the group's scent is drawn away from the dog-like creatures.
Marching order: Up front
[/sblock][sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 34/34, AC 14, 10 Touch, 14 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex +1, Will +5, CMB -3, CMD 6
Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +4, Handle Animal +9

Dagger -1, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +1, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +1, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize,
.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Mage Hand, Ghost Sound
.,,,.....,,,,,,.Cantrips: Message, Jolt, Breeze, Umbrella
Racial Spells:
(1/day) Dancing Lights , Flare, Prestidigitation,Produce Flame
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 5/5 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil, Ill Omen (pugwampi)
.,,.,,.,,..Bard 1st Lvl:
1/2 remaining; Share Language, Grease (DC 15)
.Bardic Performance:
8/8 remaining;
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion, Mystie's Wand of Cure Light Wounds (25/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 3 Alchemists' Fires, 2 Antitoxin, 4 Antiplague, 10 Vermin Repellants
Consumables: 2 Scrolls of Lesser Restoration, 12/12 days trail rations, 12/12 days of dog food
....................... Scrolls: Endure Elements, Comp Languages, Diagnose Disease
....................Channels: 5 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15, Selective excluding 4 opponents
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 15-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action
Bubba: Mastiff riding dog, Low light vision + scent; Perception +5,
Understands Common
(from Share Language)
AC 13, Touch 12, FF 11
HP 16/16
.... Fort +5, Reflex +5, Will +1; Move: 40'
..................CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. Trip)
Melee: Bite +3, 1d6+3 plus trip
Tricks: Attack, Attack Unnatural Creatures, Defend, Heel, Flank and Hunt

Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]

Aura

Explorer
OOC: @Mowgli @BigB Just need your input so I can determine if there if the group is triggering an encounter.
PS: I can't seem to get the @ feature to work every time.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: @BigB Just need your input so I can determine if there if the group is triggering an encounter.
PS: I can't seem to get the @ feature to work every time.

Aura, I am trying something here. I think you need to separate with a comma between the mentions.
@Mowgli

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Geez, this game really got away from me somehow! Sorry, all :([/sblock]

[section]

Jonas dismounts and leads Myrtle into the scrub with the others, crouching to minimize his height in hopes that he won't be seen over the ridge. He puts a large palm atop Myrtle's nose to soothe the horse.​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

Initiative: +02
AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 31/31
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +10
CMB: +05 CMD: 17 (+7/19 vs. Trip)
Fort: +06 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
Cruendithas follows the others attempting to stay out of sight. He and Penelope move into the foliage as well. Hoping Wahyu will return safe Crue listens for any sign of trouble.

[sblock]
stealth take 10 +9 =19 to move out of sight into the foliage. Although I am not sure how it factors while mounted.
perception check 1D20+9 = [12]+9 = 21
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Cruendithas
Initiative +1
AC: 17 (with shield/ Flat:16, Touch: 12)
HP: 18 current: 18
CMB: +0 / CMD: 11 Fort: +1 / Ref: +4 / Will: +4
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler in off hand

Spell Like Abilities: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation, Speak with Animals

0 Lvl Spells:
Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Message

1st Lvl Spells: 3/3 per day
Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Expeditious Retreat

Archaeologist's Luck (+1) rounds/day: 6/6
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
monster.jpg
. . . Hittin' puppies iz fun! . . .

With the babbling sounds getting louder, the horses and ponies grow a little uneasy. Ridley and Piper seem the most shaken up, looking back as the group ushers them into the ditch on the far side of the road. Age and experience seem to be the winning factor--on the other end of the spectrum Rawhide and Myrtle seem less concerned than the others, with Myrtle even taking a short moment to rub herself against Jonas' hand before looking back towards the approaching sound. Bubba, a stout combat veteran, also performs admirably.

Three large figures crest the ridge line some 50 yards distant. Large man-hyena crossbreeds, they walk upright and carry with them large axes. However, they are presently 'armed' with sticks, which they use in the pursuit of some strange little dog, cackling and striking at it. A full-size hyena bounds over the hill and after the little dog as well, and is the first to make solid contact. The hyena grabs the smaller mongrel in its powerful jaws and throws it into the air about 10 feet before falling back to land, at which point the chase takes an erratic turn and begins again, somewhat down the hill. The three dog-humanoids and the hyena all laugh at the little dog in a similar fashion, although the humanoids also break into chatter and taunts that sound like hyena laughter, but also have language-like characteristics.

Although the main group is relatively safe at this point (and still 45-ish yards away), Wahyu is closer (maybe 25 yards) and at the greatest risk of discovery. He's taken cover using the scrub to conceal his presence, but one erratic turn of this little circus and the entire affair could easily end up parked right in front of him. Fortunately, they seem a little pre-occupied with their current activity and haven't noticed anything amiss.

[sblock=actions]Neither Wahyu nor the main group appear to have been spotted, heard, or smelled, for that matter. Feel free to post actions, prepare, or sit tight, as you see fit. I'll consider any conditionals ("I'll jump out and yell at them if they get within 10 yards of Wahyu!") as well. I already have initiative values, so if something violent happens you don't have to worry about that.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas stares at the creatures, an expression of indignation . . . rage, really . . . growing on his brutish features. He's seen the likes of these before! Moving quickly but without any jerky motions, he pulls out his bow, knocks an arrow and fires on the Hyena.​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Knowledge (Nature) (1d20+7=22) to identify the Monstrous Humanoids (and their strengths/weaknesses)
Longbow Attack (1d20+5=24) for Damage (1d8+3=6) vs Hyena
[/sblock]

Initiative: +02
AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 31/31
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +10
CMB: +05 CMD: 17 (+7/19 vs. Trip)
Fort: +06 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads