• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 3

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
Crue looks the items over as the group goes through the contents of the packs. "Not a bad haul. Axes are not my style and these certainly are a bit large. We should be able to sell this stuff for a decent amount if no one can use it."
[sblock]Is there anything unusual about gnolls with such quality gear in this area?[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]

Cruendithas
Initiative +1
AC: 17 (with shield/ Flat:16, Touch: 12)
HP: 26 current: 26
CMB: +1 / CMD: 12 Fort: +2 / Ref: +4 / Will: +4
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler in off hand

Spell Like Abilities: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation, Speak with Animals
Arcane Strike +1
0 Lvl Spells:
Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Message, Light

1st Lvl Spells: 1/4 per day
Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Expeditious Retreat, Identify

Archaeologist's Luck (+1) rounds/day: 3/6

Cruendithas

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas keeps his eyes on the surrounding area as the others go through the gnolls' packs. He waits for his size to revert from monstrous to simply over-large, and for Mystie's response to his query. When the axes come to light, he reflexively checks the falchion slung over his shoulder and the flail on its belt hook. "I'll stick with my weapons for now. Those are a little small for me," he says with a grin.​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

Initiative: +04
AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 40/40
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +10
CMB: +06 CMD: 18 (+8/20 vs. Trip)
Fort: +07 Reflex: +02 Will: +05
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Dunkel shrugs and helps put some of the treasure in the party's saddlebags. He switches out his older battleaxe for one of the masterwork versions, saying as he straps the old one to the side of his horse, "Looks like my old family battleaxe can stay a relic. I like the feel of this new one and want to give her a go. Think I'll call her Marla for my great-aunt. She had a sharp tongue, that one."

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
Crue gets a good laugh at the jovial banter of the group between Jonas comment on the axes being too small to Dunkel keeping one and naming it after his aunt. "Yes I am sure Marla there will give her share."

[sblock=mini stats]
Cruendithas
Initiative +1

Spell Like Abilities: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation, Speak with Animals
Arcane Strike +1
0 Lvl Spells:

Cruendithas

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Eventually, things return to a sense of normalcy. Jonas returns to his natural size, the greasy spot on the ground disappears, and the pugwampi is not seen from again. Returning to the horses, the group finds that they have not strayed far in their riders' absence, although Piper particularly has moved about 30 feet or so in the quest for better grazing.

However, when the first to return, Cruendithas, approaches the horses, Myrtle suddenly steps into his path. Ears back, snorting and stamping one hoof onto the ground, she challenges the gnome to pass. Confronted with the aggressive giant, Cruendithas immediately stops and cringes.

[sblock=Cruendithas]Myrtle's sudden aggression has left you Shaken, and you have a -2 penalty to about every d20 roll until it wears off.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas steps forward toward his horse, holding a ham-sized hand out and speaking soothingly to the beast. "Whoa, easy girl . . . easy. Crue is a friend, and you've gotten along right well until now. Easy . . ." He continues to speak soothingly to the horse, trying to keep his face and voice calm though his thoughts are racing. Something of his confusion must be showing on his bestial features, however, and Myrtle isn't responding well to his talk.

He glances aside at Crue, shifting his address to the little Bard but continuing his soothing tone. "You placed the gems in your pouch, no? I wonder if there's something on them that's spooking her?"
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Take 10 on Handle Animal, for a total of 14.[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Well then let's not touch the stones with our bare hands anymore than we have already. I am not prepared to detect the presence of evil, but I can see if there are any enchantments placed upon them," Dunkel says as he approaches the Crue with holy symbol in hand and asks him to open the pouch. The dwarven cleric then casts Detect Magic upon the gemstones. "Rogar, cast your one good eye upon these items and aid us to discern their hidden secrets."

Mini-Stats
[sblock]
Dunkel Metzgerei the 1st level Dwarven Cleric (awaiting level 2 approval)
AC: 18, Flat-Footed: 17, Touch: 11
HPs: 10/10
Init: +3
CMB: +2
CMD: 13
Fort: +5, Reflex: +2, Will: +6
Speed: 20 feet
Battleaxe: Attack: +2 = [BAB (0) + Ability (2) + Misc (0) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 20/x3, Special: S
Sling: Attack: +1 = [BAB (0) + Ability (1) + Misc (0) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 1d4+2, Crit: 20/x2, Range: 50 ft
Consumable: 20 Sling Stones, 7 Trail Rations
In Hand: Battleaxe
Spells Prepared
Level 0: Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
Level 1: Protection from Evil, Bless
Spells Used:
Level 1: Enlarge Person
[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg

Crue jumps in fright as Myrtle suddenly steps into his path, Ears back, snorting and stamping one hoof onto the ground challenging him. He cringes and shies away from the horse as Jonas attempts to calm it. Clearly frightened his jovial mood is gone, taking hesitant steps away from Myrtle. He opens his pouch at Dunkels request but moves to position Dunkel between himself and the agitated horse. "I should have better examined them. How careless of me."

With the mood gone he forgets his prank and instead focuses on the matter at hand and their surroundings.

[sblock=mini stats]

Cruendithas - shaken
Initiative +1

Arcane Strike +1
0 Lvl Spells:

Cruendithas

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas does his best to divide his attentions between Myrtle's strange hostility and the stones presented by Crue. He focuses his will on the stones for a moment, trying to see what it is exactly that Dunkle is doing to detect their magics . . .​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]My (fairly lame, rushed) attempt to describe the idea that Jonas is "accidentally" attempting to Detect Evil on the stones while Dunkle is Detecting Magic.[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
"Well, I am not an expert on the little beasts, but pugwampis are fey gremlins. So, cold iron works on hurting them more than other metals or wood. The have an aura about them that anyone else within twenty feet of them has misfortunes and rather spectacular failures in what they do. But, for some reason, that doesn't affect gnolls, dogs or those who are blessed with the luck of the gods. I have a spell that is based on their aura. It only affects one person, and for only a little while, but it does feel the same to the poor victim."

When Myrtle gets agitated, "Cruendithas! Did you step in some gnoll poop? Nothing scares a horse faster than the dung of a predator. Well, flying dragons, they do, and gryphons, but other than that..."

[sblock=Actions]Mystie: talk
Bubba:
[/sblock][sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 45/45, AC 14, 10 Touch, 14 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +5, Reflex +2, Will +5, CMB -2, CMD 7
Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +4, Handle Animal +10

Dagger +0, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +2, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +2, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize
.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Mage Hand, Ghost Sound
.,,,.....,,,,,,.Cantrips: Message, Jolt, Breeze, Umbrella
Racial Spells:
(1/day) Dancing Lights , Flare, Prestidigitation, Produce Flame
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 6/7 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil, Ill Omen, Murderous Command
.,,.,,.,,..Bard 1st Lvl:
2/3 remaining; Share Language, Grease (DC 15)
.Bardic Performance:
4/9 remaining;
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion, Mystie's Wand of Cure Light Wounds (25/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 3 Alchemists' Fires, 2 Antitoxin, 4 Antiplague, 10 Vermin Repellants
Consumables: 2 Scrolls of Lesser Restoration, 12/12 days trail rations, 12/12 days of dog food
....................... Scrolls: Endure Elements, Comp Languages, Diagnose Disease
....................Channels: 6 of 6 left, 2d6, DC 16, Selective excluding 5 opponents
...............Energy Body: 3 of 3 left, Healing elemental body 1d6+3 if someone moves through my square
Immediate Action:
Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 15-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action
Bubba: Mastiff riding dog, Low light vision + scent; Perception +5,
Understands Common
(from Share Language)
AC 13, Touch 12, FF 11
HP 16/16
.... Fort +5, Reflex +5, Will +1; Move: 40'
..................CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. Trip)
Melee: Bite +3, 1d6+3 plus trip
Tricks: Attack, Attack Unnatural Creatures, Defend, Heel, Flank and Hunt

Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads