[LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 3

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Wahyu recoiled back. The stench, while simply vile to anyone else, was far more to Wahyu's large nose. Holding it closed, he replied, "Aye, I'd much rather deal with this tomorrow when I've had some rest, and can only assume the others might feel the same."

With that, he turned to move towards the door.
[sblock= Wahyu's Mini Stats]Wahyu
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 30/30
CMB: 2 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +6
Perception: +6, Darkvision 60 ft
Initiative: +6
Current Weapon in Hand: Light Crossbow (+7, 1d6, 19-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect:
Spells Remaining (1st): 2/7
Spells Remaining (2nd): 4/4

Used Items:
Bolts (2/20)
Abilities Used:
SLA: Pass Without Trace[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
The lure of an unexplored cavern is difficult to walk away from. The desire to know what lies at the bottom of the stair pulls at him. There could be a trove of lost magical artifacts. With a sigh, Crue follows Wahyu back to the door and out into the wind where the group waits. When they get outside and the door is once again closed he relates what they found. "The place does not seem deserted and the stench of death is strong. The entry area is clear and there is a stair leading down. I did not see a place to secure while we rest so it may be better to move away from this door somewhere we can keep watch over it and rest then return in the morning ready to investigate."

[sblock=mini stats]
Cruendithas
Initiative +1
AC: 17 (with shield/ Flat:16, Touch: 12)
HP: 26 current: 26
CMB: +1 / CMD: 12 Fort: +2 / Ref: +4 / Will: +4
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler and wand MM

Spell Like Abilities: Dancing Lights1/1, Ghost Sound 0/1, Prestidigitation1/1, Speak with Animals1/1
Arcane Strike +1
0 Lvl Spells:
Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Message, Light

1st Lvl Spells: 0/4 per day
Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Expeditious Retreat, Identify

Archaeologist's Luck (+1) rounds/day: 0/6

Wand CLW 10/10
Wand MM 22/25

[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Mystie_Thissiledew_sm.jpg
. . . Mystie . . .

With Cruendithas and Wahyu returned, Mystie adds what she knows. "The battle with the goblins was quite taxing for me. While Mother Rabbit will still bestow more blessings on us today, I fear the total amount of benefit is not as great than if we were to rest for the night and try in the morning. That hole in the ground has waited well over a week for us to arrive, I don't see that eight or ten more hours is going to make much of a difference, either way."

The little gnome looks up, "If we do camp out here for the night, I'll be pitching my tent, though. I'd hate to be all grumpy in the morning because I got rained on... and there does seem to be a chance of that, doesn't there?"

The clouds seem to agree with the diminutive oracle. Cloudy skies move in with the windy front, but it is far from certain if rain is in your future or not. If so, it can make for a miserable night for the unprepared.

[sblock=Mystie]Taking the reigns of Mystie temporarily until SK returns, rather than have another, "Oh, one of our group has simply wandered away," incident like in the early part of the game. Hopefully SK will return in not too long. I doubt I can do the verbose Mystie justice.[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
"Sounds like a plan then. Lets move away from the door somewhere that the tent will be hidden from the door and we can keep a watch on the door and our surrounding area. Perhaps in the trees where they might help provide some relief from the weather as well." Crue will gather his bedroll and search for a good spot to set up camp within range to watch the goblin hole. Not excited about sleeping in a possible storm but better than sleeping on the goblins door step, he pulls his cloak tighter around himself.

[sblock]
Perception 1D20+11 = [20]+11 = 31
survival 1D20+3 = [11]+3 = 14
stealth 1D20+11 = [20]+11 = 31
kn Nature 1D20+5 = [7]+5 = 12

in case any of these are required for picking the location or keeping watch through the night.
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Cruendithas
Initiative +1

Spell Like Abilities: Dancing Lights1/1, Ghost Sound 0/1, Prestidigitation1/1, Speak with Animals1/1
Arcane Strike +1
0 Lvl Spells:

Wand CLW 10/10
Wand MM 22/25

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

The big half-orc slips away from the door as the others return, and listens as they converse. "Aye, camping out here sounds like the way to go. I don't relish dealing with the weather, but I've lived through worse in the mountains." He takes his gear a ways away from the doorstep and gets to work setting up for the night. "Watches as usual, I assume?"
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

Initiative: +04
AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 40/40
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +10
CMB: +06 CMD: 18 (+8/20 vs. Trip)
Fort: +07 Reflex: +02 Will: +05
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
With the group in basic agreement, it is decided to make camp for the night outside the underground complex and approach the problem. Dunkel finds a good spot to tether the horses and Mystie heals the wounded as the rest of the group goes about the mundane tasks associated with setting a camp. As people lay out their creature-comforting gear for the night (Mystie, notably, has a tent for herself), it becomes apparent that neither Hawk nor Dunkel have so much as a bedroll for the night. Further, with the wind kicking up, it is obvious that just about any unshielded flame will not stay lit long in this weather.

[sblock=Notes](1)Still no rain, but the wind is starting to become a menace.
(2) Everyone is healed, although doing so costs Mystie quite a few of her spells.
(3) I can't remember any particular guard/sleeping order, since the group's first night together was in the roadside inn.
(4) Hawk and Dunkel are without bedding, which will make life uncomfortable for them.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas keeps an eye on the weather as the front moves in, and once the decision to camp outside is clearly made he sets about doing everything he can to help the crew not only survive the night, but be comfortable doing so. Quickly taking charge, he sets the others to gathering boughs for windbreaks and shelter, gathering tinder, kindling and larger sticks for fire and placing it under one of the shelters, and taking in leaves and more boughs to keep the campers off of the ground. Where tents are available, he uses them to enhance the windbreaks as well. Throughout it all, he keeps up a running commentary on why such things are necessary, and manages to hardly chide Hawk and Dunkel on their lack of preparation for sleeping rough. "The ground itself is your stealthiest foe in weather such as this . . . it will suck the heat from your bones, such that you freeze to death overnight without e'er waking."
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Survival (1d20+6=24) Aid Another rolls are welcome as well - Jonas rolled well, but every little bit will help.[/sblock]

Initiative: +04
AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 40/40
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +10
CMB: +06 CMD: 18 (+8/20 vs. Trip)
Fort: +07 Reflex: +02 Will:
[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Hawk, Little Halfling with a Big Sword

Hawk attempts to help Jonas with the task of getting ready for the night.

[sblock=Roll]Survival check: 1D20+7 = [12]+7 = 19 (Aid another) [/sblock][sblock=Hawk Mini Stats]Hawk
AC: 20 (16 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 50/50
CMB: +5 CMD: 20

Fort: +7 Reflex: +7 Will: +2
Perception: +9 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +5

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword (2-handed)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Rage Rounds remaining Today: 3/12[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Dunkel grumbles to himself and says, "Things are usually so much simpler in the city." He then sets about digging a small trench with the blade of his spare axe, filling it with dried leaves, and then trying to settle into it in order to avoid some of the increasing wind. "Should have brought some more ale. A good pint of whiskey keeps a dwarf warm."

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
Crue goes about helping get others set up and helping Jonas with the wind breaks and other preparations. "Perhaps we should pull watch in order of those that can see in the dark. How about Mystie first then Wahyu followed by Dunkel and Jonas then myself and Hawk taking the last shift. With this weather it may be difficult to see anyway but at least we will do as best we can. Don't want those creatures sneaking out of their hole in the dark and killing us in our sleep."

[sblock=mini stats]
Cruendithas
Initiative +1

Arcane Strike +1
0 Lvl Spells:

Wand CLW 10/10
Wand MM 22/25

[/sblock]

Remove ads