[LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 3

Aura

Explorer
Mystie_Thissiledew_sm.jpg
. . . . Mystie . . . .

Dismounting from her trusty canine, the outwardly frail gnome holds her finger in the air. "Of course," she begins, "Bubba and I can handle a shift. Early is good. It's when my natural ability to see in poor lighting works best. Actual darkness, though, I'm just as unable to see as a human, and these clouds may well be blocking the starlight that makes night vision possible. Not to mention that I need uninterrupted rest to fully gain Mother Rabbit's blessings, and first... or last... make the most sense for me.

"Bubba, on the other hand,"
she says, shifting gears a bit as she begins setting up her tent, "Is good any old time, but he mostly listens to me. Although, I'm sure it's probably the case due to the fact I give him food. Food goes far with most animals."

Mystie makes herself busy with the myriad of tasks necessary for making camp as the clouds flow overhead, making dark skies seem even world.

[sblock=Anything Else]Any other preparations before we handle the night?[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Dusk was soon upon them, as Wahyu unrolled his bedding under one of the new shelters. It seemed the campfire had been built, yet there was yet no flame. Clasping his fingertips together, he pursed his lips and blew, causing the tinder to catch alight. Smirking, he sat down and unfastened his cloak, before rewrapping it around himself as a makeshift blanket.

"I shall take the midnight watch, if need be. Awaken me when the night is darkest and the fire has died out."
[sblock=OOC]He casts Spark on any unlit campfire there may be. It is no longer unlit :p[/sblock]​

Aura

Explorer
A Windy Night

Night falls, with high winds and lower temperatures making everyone's lives miserable. In fact, so long as the wind storm persists, it is nearly impossible to sleep. Mystie manages to doze off for a while, until her tent is ripped down by a particularly forceful gust, snapping a tent pole and pulling up stakes in a particularly direct demonstration of the power of nature. Various possessions are strewn across the campsite, some simply disappear. Some time after midnight, it dies off to a suitably lower level, finally allowing the heroes to sleep.

By the time morning arrives, nobody has gotten enough sleep, although Mystie is doing best, waking up nestled against her handy heat source (Bubba). She immediately closes her eyes again and pushes closer.

[sblock=The Damage]Basically, things like tents are damaged and unusable until resupplied (there is no cost) or repaired (with the right skills.) Any sort of mess kits or such are missing an item or two, which mostly just adds irritation to any attempt to use them. (Again, it is fixable at no cost by visiting a any shop like the Mystic Pearl.) Everyone will be fatigued if beginning the day at dawn, as originally planned. And casters will not have their spells back. The group can continue resting into the day to attempt to remove the penalties and recover spells.

There is no nighttime encounter, in terms of monsters.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas rises at dawn, as is his wont, and uses the transition from night to day to pray to the Root for His blessings. He shivers in the wind and cold, but gives no other outward sign of distress or of the fatigue that fills him, before looking around and making note of the others' conditions. "A most uncomfortable night. Not really beneficial at all, in fact. I suggest we rest here through the day and regain our facilities before advancing our exploration of the caverns."

[/section]

[sblock=OOC]Wow, imagine what it would've been like without the 26 Survival roll! :uhoh:[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

Initiative: +04
AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 40/40
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +10
CMB: +06 CMD: 18 (+8/20 vs. Trip)
Fort: +07 Reflex: +02 Will:
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Argh. I swear this is just about the second worse camping trip I've ever been on. There was another one involving a boat trip with two other lads and that dog that needn't be mentioned, but enough of that. I'm for trying to get a few more winks, and can take watch after the sleep." Dunkel declares.

Aura

Explorer
With the group giving a collective 'jus a little longer ma', most just roll over and keep sleeping. By the time the last shift ends (albeit stretched), Jonas (thanks to his good instincts) and Mystie (had a tent... for a while) are both able to take over and watch over the group as the rest recover, patrol the area and picking things up to help mitigate the loss of personal belongings, and things of that nature. By the time most people would be thinking about lunch, the rest of the group is up--a little bleary eyed, but sufficiently rested--and ready to take on the day.

[sblock=Starting the Day]It's about 11 AM by the time everyone gets going.

Although Jonas was helping people, his own personal survival skill gives him the edge.

And the penalties for doing poorly on the roll: Potential permanent damage or loss of items, some HP damage (threatening to very low levels, but 3-4's, not so much). It's worth noting that in our everyday lives we fatigue ourselves without thinking about it much, until things go wrong. There was a tightening of trucking rules due to driver fatigue (and fatigue related accidents) a while back. I know I'm positively criminal, approving characters at all hours of the night and then suffering the next day for it. We notice in RPG's more because it amounts to concrete mechanical effects (and positively ruins spell caster and barbarian abilities).

Of course, you could have piled into the small entry way to the 'dungeon'... there's only a faint stink of death on the air... and an uneasy feeling of not knowing what might come up those stairs. How dangerous could it be? :)

In any case, I digress. You're ready to roll![/sblock]

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
Crue wakes, eyes a little blood shot from the night, looks about the camp. With a resigned sigh as to the scattering of belongings he moves about picking up and preparing to finally get on with their task. "What a terrible, horrible, no sleep, very bad night. Thank you Mystie and Jonas for allowing the ill prepared to get a little more rest. I fear we would not have been prepared for the challenges before us had we not rested. Once we have eaten I suppose it is on to the goblin hole." Crue prepares his morning meal and readies for the delve into the goblin lair.

[sblock=mini stats]
Cruendithas
Initiative +1
AC: 17 (with shield/ Flat:16, Touch: 12)
HP: 34 current: 34
CMB: +2 / CMD: 13 Fort: +2 / Ref: +5 / Will: +5
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler in off hand

Spell Like Abilities: Dancing Lights4/4, Ghost Sound1/1, Prestidigitation1/1, Speak with Animals1/1
Arcane Strike +1
0 Lvl Spells:
Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Message, Light

1st Lvl Spells: 4/4 per day
Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Expeditious Retreat, Identify
2nd Lvl Spells: 2/2 per day
Tongues, Pilfering Hand

Archaeologist's Luck (+1) rounds/day: 7/7

Wand CLW 10/10
Wand MM 22/25

Cruendithas
[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Hawk, Little Halfling with a Big Sword

At last rested, Hawk gathers her things and is ready to move out.

[sblock=Hawk Mini Stats]Hawk
AC: 20 (16 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 50/50
CMB: +5 CMD: 20

Fort: +7 Reflex: +7 Will: +2
Perception: +9 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +5

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword (2-handed)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Rage Rounds remaining Today: 12/12[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas nods at the acknowledgement of his contributions with a smile, and gathers his kit. Once he's packed and the rest of the group is ready, he strides off in the direction of the cave entrance.

[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

Initiative: +04
AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 40/40
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +10
CMB: +06 CMD: 18 (+8/20 vs. Trip)
Fort: +07 Reflex: +02 Will:
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Rested and ready to investigate the site, the group finds itself in front of the same door that confronted them before. Getting in is easy enough, and not much has changed. Same aging clothing. Same candlestick. Same slightly off-putting odor. The place has a seemingly timeless character to it. In any case, opposite the entryway is an exit, which immediately becomes a flight of stairs heading down. Also true to form, a faint light can be seen in the distance...

Remove ads