• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 3

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
"Perhaps springing the traps is the way to go. I do not believe our friend here would go along with using the goblin bodies to spring the trap. perhaps I can crawl to the other side, and most likely spring the trap which hopefully passes over me." Crue does not see another way and has been sliced by the blade more than once already trying to disable it. It is the only way forward after all.

[sblock]
Is there a DC check for crawling under?
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Cruendithas
Initiative +1
AC: 19 fight defensively (with shield/ Flat:16, Touch: 12)
HP: 34 current: 34
CMB: +2 / CMD: 13 Fort: +2 / Ref: +5 / Will: +5
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler in off hand, wand MM in main hand

Spell Like Abilities: Dancing Lights3/4, Ghost Sound1/1, Prestidigitation1/1, Speak with Animals1/1
Arcane Strike +1
0 Lvl Spells:
Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Message, Light

1st Lvl Spells: 2/4 per day
Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Expeditious Retreat, Identify
2nd Lvl Spells: 2/2 per day
Tongues, Pilfering Hand

Archaeologist's Luck (+1) rounds/day: 3/7

Wand CLW 8/10
Wand MM 21/25
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Mystie.jpg
'Well, let's see, then," Mystie begins, counting off things on her fingers as she speaks, "First we have goblin bodies, or rat bodies, for that matter. Ug. I'd kinda prefer not, or at least to be out of the hallway entirely when the blades hit. Second, there is rocks... considering the terrain we came in on, surely you can find a rock of any weight you want outside. Just a matter of time. Then there is any variety of stuff we've seen along the way inside, mostly furniture. Then there is body triggering, which sounds a little dangerous... I'm a little against danger, as much as I want to feel valued and all that." She stops, having counted four options on her fingers. "Anything else?"

[sblock=Crawl Under DC]Reflex 13 for small, 23 for medium, impossible for large and bigger.[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
"I am all for using anything that does leave me with holes leaking blood. Lets start with the furniture and any other stuff left for us."

[sblock=mini stats]

Cruendithas
Initiative +1
AC: 19 fight defensively (with shield/ Flat:16, Touch: 12)
HP: 34 current: 34
CMB: +2 / CMD: 13 Fort: +2 / Ref: +5 / Will: +5
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler in off hand, wand MM in main hand

Spell Like Abilities: Dancing Lights3/4, Ghost Sound1/1, Prestidigitation1/1, Speak with Animals1/1
Arcane Strike +1
0 Lvl Spells:
Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Message, Light

1st Lvl Spells: 2/4 per day
Cure Light Wounds, Grease, Expeditious Retreat, Identify
2nd Lvl Spells: 2/2 per day
Tongues, Pilfering Hand

Archaeologist's Luck (+1) rounds/day: 3/7

Wand CLW 8/10
Wand MM 21/25

[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=Furniture]Several of the chairs in the reception room at are easily big enough to weigh as much as Cruendithas, yet not be too unwieldy in terms of getting them down the stairs. Two small characters or one medium character with above average strength could do it.[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Wahyu sat, catching his breath. He seemed winded now, as he listened to the other's discussion. It seemed these questions had been a fruitless waste of time. Still, perhaps they could use some actual help. He muttered an incantation, and waited. Nothing seemed to happen, until, steadily, it seemed that his shadow was growing longer in the candlelight, before it reached the wall, and seemed to detach. It grabbed another shadow and began to drag it towards the stair, bringing the seat it was attached to along with it.

[sblock=OOC]Wahyu casts Unseen Servant, which can drag 100 lbs of weight, and attempts to drag one of the pieces of furniture.[/sblock]
[sblock= Wahyu's Mini Stats]Wahyu
AC: 18* (16* flat-footed, 15* touch)
HP: 30/30
CMB: 2 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +6
Perception: +6, Darkvision 60 ft
Initiative: +6
Current Weapon in Hand: Dagger (+4, 1d3+0, 19-20/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Shield of Faith (? min remain)*
Spells Remaining (1st): 5/7
Spells Remaining (2nd): 3/4

Used Items:
Bolts (2/20)
Abilities Used:
Voice of the Grave (3/4 questions asked)[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Scrappppeeeeeeee thump thump thump.... *WHAM!* click click click click click....

The bizarre servant of shadow does its master's bidding, and begins by dragging one of the chairs across the floor, making a loud scraping noise. Then followed by a series of loud thumping as it clumsily, but relentlessly, drags the piece of furniture down the stairs, brushing it by the other members of the group as it mindlessly proceeds to the location of the slots in the wall from which the scything blades spring. There is a moment of tension as it draws close to the trap's location, then suddenly (and yet still with sufficient suddenness to startle people), both blades lash out at the chair, rending it badly and spraying the group with the smaller scraps as the larger pieces are brushed aside by the powerful cutting action. From halfling to half-orc, all instinctively shield their eyes, wincing as exposed flesh is hit by flying wooden splinters. After the rather loud crashing sound, the familiar clicking sound starts, emanating from both slots of the wall....

[sblock=Unseen Servant and The Trap]The only complication is that Wahyu technically would have to stay without 35' of the servant, but I'm not worried about it in this case because it does not interfere with the functionality of the spell. The downside for dragging it that way is the sound, but that arguably is a non-issue considering the number of times the trap has already sprung. In any case, the chair is toast, what is left of it is roughly pushes back towards the group, but up against each of the walls. There is no real damage from flying debris, and everyone 'makes their save' to protect their eyes.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
At the wayang decides upon a new course of action, the blade mechanisms behind each wall (right and left) continue their incessant clicking, giving no respite to those who have had enough of that particular sound.

Remove ads