log in or register to remove this ad

 

Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size


log in or register to remove this ad

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: I will give until 10 am US Central time for a fifth. The other guy i think is going in parrinmiller's game
 

Grayn

First Post
Dame Morrogrim briskly walks back through the Inn's doors. She doesn't slow to acknowledge anyone in the establishment and heads directly to the room where the watchman is waiting. A small bird follows her through the door and lands in the rafters of the room.

"A friend has asked me to help with your vermin problem." she states to watchman, not attempting to hide her displeasure with the task.




OOC: Alright, got to get some sleep tonight. I will put together my mini-stats tomorrow.
 

Mr.Tinker

First Post
Already there, Morgrym is about to ask the watchmen more about the assignment when Dame Morrogrim briskly walks inn. Whispering to Robert he says " I am sure it is because I have impressed her erlier with my intake of food and she can't leave me alone. It s an old trick the dwarfs use you see "

The alchemist makes a half hearted bow, he is simply to lazy to make a full one, before greeting the witch " Dame Morrogrim, nice of you to join us. You look like you have had a nice meal today " he says, meaning the last bit as a compliment.
" We were about to ask this brother about the reward " and he quickly turns to the watchman with a worried expression " there is a reward, right ? "

 
Last edited:

Lindeloef

First Post
"Surly there is a reward." turning to the watchman, Robert ask "Do you have any more details of the job we are to take? Like is the cellar close to the sewer system or what kind of neighbors does the warehouse have? Maybe someone that brews stuff and an experiment went wrong? That could explain the size of the rodents. If they are indeed rodents and not dogs as my friend Morgrym here suspects."

"Oh and I am sorry Dame Morrogrim, how could I ignore you up until now. Nice to meet you, I had heard stories about your generosity. I mean, I have heard the story just now, from him..."pointing at Morgrym "but.. äh... yeah"
 

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"All I can tell you more of besides the location and owner of the ware house is that yes, My friend is offering a retainer of 100 gold crowns, with a completion pay of 200 gold crowns. If there are any valuables that are found in the course of this task,the are youre yours to keep. "

"The basement they were digging was specifically picked to be away from the sewer system to store wine and other drinkables, when a weak spot in the wall gave way to a limestone cavern. The workers were looking about the cavern when the rats arrived, angry and hungry. they were chased away back to the lift. one was bit and the others got away."

"This all happened yesturday. This is all that I kow. Please go help my friend. I have to return back to my watch now."

His look is pleading as his gaze moves form one to the next.
 

Lindeloef

First Post
"No worries Mr. Watchman, what was your name? But I think at least Morgrymm and me will take a good look at your friend's rodent problem." Robert replies.
 

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"What? I have not told you my name!? I am Sargent Marteen de Santo Luce of the whitecloaks! I most humbly apologize! I was so worried about my friend's workers!"

He bows very low, and yes indeed - He wears a White cloak with the Venzin standard emblazoned in black on his chest over the left shoulder.
 

Grayn

First Post
"Well, Sargent, I suppose we can take some comfort we will not have to endure the sewers." Dame Morrogrim says as she turns to meet two humans talking behind her. "And yes, I did have a fine meal, at least what I was allowed to enjoy. And you are...Robert, if I recall and by your appearance, a Ranger, if I am not mistaken? So, Morgrym and Robert, do we have anyone else?"

[sblock=mini-stats]
Dame Sienna Morrogrim
AC: 11 (10 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 7/7
CMB: -1 CMD: 10
Fort: +1 Reflex: +1 Will: +2*
Perception: +2 (+4 w/ familiar)
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Hanbo
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Prepared (Cantrips): Guidance, Detect Magic, Jolt
Spells Prepared (1st): Ear Piercing Scream, Burning Hands
Hex: Evil Eye, Misfortune


*+2 on Saving Throws against fear effects

Olkoi
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 3
CMB: -9 CMD: 3
Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +2
Perception: +5


Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
Current Conditions in Effect: None
[/sblock]
 

Cyclopean

First Post
Tirgas brightens as his earlier benefactor enters the room. "I believe there was one other, a burly gentleman whose name I do not know. And technically, I believe giant rats would be animals rather than vermin . . ." Tirgas trails off as he attempts to recall anything else he knows about dog-sized rats.

[sblock]Knowledge (Nature): 1d20+6=25 [/sblock]

Turning to Robert, he says "So you're a ranger, eh? A fellow man of the wilderness?"
[sblock=Mini Stats]Tirgas the Hermit
AC: 16* (15 flat-footed, 11* touch)
HP: 9/9
CMB: +2 CMD: 13†
Fort: +3‡ Reflex: +1‡ Will: +5‡
Perception: +8
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Prepared (Cantrips): Create Water, Know Direction, Read Magic
Spells Prepared (1st): Cure Light Wounds x2

* +4 Dodge AC vs. giants
† +4 vs. trip and bull rush
‡ +2 vs. spells, poison, and spell-like abilities


Topaz
AC: 16 (12 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 19/19
CMB: +3 (+7 to Grapple) CMD: 16 (Immune to Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Perception: +1 (Scent)
Initiative: +3

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
Current Conditions in Effect: None[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Tirgas brightens as his earlier benefactor enters the room. "I believe there was one other, a burly gentleman whose name I do not know. And technically, I believe giant rats would be animals rather than vermin . . ." Tirgas trails off as he attempts to recall anything else he knows about dog-sized rats.

[sblock]Knowledge (Nature): 1d20+6=25 [/sblock]

[SBLOCK=Knowledge nature check]You know that the bite of a rat can cause the spread of disease; sometimes normal rats will attack enmass, blunt weapons are more effective when this happens; they are darn good swimmers and climbers. You know that just as locus are vermin to a farmer, rats are referred to as vermin for their appetite for grain! but you are right, they are animals according to the sages.[/sblock]
 

Cyclopean

First Post
The urgent pleadings of Sargent Marteen return Tirgas' focus to the matter at hand. "Please, tell us how we can get to this warehouse."
Facing his companions again, he advises them: "try not to get bitten, or there's a good chance you'll end up with a nasty infection." He pauses. "We may also want to arm ourselves with clubs. If there's a few giant rats, there may also be packs of little ones, and it'll be good to have something solid to hit 'em with if they swarm us."

OOC: Just sharing information from the Knowledge Nature check. Tirgas may not be very well educated, but he tends to go off whenever he does know something. And he can be pretty pedantic about stuff like the differences between animals and vermin.:)

Scott, is @stanleyindraven still with us?
 

Lindeloef

First Post
Turning to Robert, he says "So you're a ranger, eh? A fellow man of the wilderness?"

OOC: fixed the name


"Yes indeed. Nice to meet you Tirgas" Robert says.

"Hmm did the watchman told us, if that grotto is already a storage place for wine? Or is it empty... except for the rats? 'cause if there is already wine in it, we should be a bit more carefull not to break anything of value."
 

Mr.Tinker

First Post
"No worries Mr. Watchman, what was your name? But I think at least Morgrymm and me will take a good look at your friend's rodent problem." Robert replies.

" aye brother, you got that right " and Morgrym puts on his most confident pose that practically screams; We got this

"What? I have not told you my name!? I am Sargent Marteen de Santo Luce of the whitecloaks! I most humbly apologize! I was so worried about my friend's workers!"

He bows very low, and yes indeed - He wears a White cloak with the Venzin standard emblazoned in black on his chest over the left shoulder.
Deliberately Morgrym comments " yes, yes Mr. Watchman "

"Well, Sargent, I suppose we can take some comfort we will not have to endure the sewers." Dame Morrogrim says as she turns to meet two humans talking behind her. "And yes, I did have a fine meal, at least what I was allowed to enjoy. And you are...Robert, if I recall and by your appearance, a Ranger, if I am not mistaken? So, Morgrym and Robert, do we have anyone else?"
Tirgas brightens as his earlier benefactor enters the room. "I believe there was one other, a burly gentleman whose name I do not know. And technically, I believe giant rats would be animals rather than vermin . . ." Tirgas trails off as he attempts to recall anything else he knows about dog-sized rats.

" see, she is impressed. I think its love at first bite ! " he whispers to Robert, completely misunderstanding what she said. Returning to the matter at hand, he contemplates Tirgas knowledge about rats which sends a chill down the alchemists spine. " ... its probably just big ugly dogs " he keeps repeating.


OOC: fixed the name


"Yes indeed. Nice to meet you Tirgas" Robert says.

"Hmm did the watchman told us, if that grotto is already a storage place for wine? Or is it empty... except for the rats? 'cause if there is already wine in it, we should be a bit more carefull not to break anything of value."

Looking at his bombs, the alchemist just grins at the notion of being careful with his explosives " We must do whatever it takes to save the poor man from these rat-dogs, but I agree. We should definitely protect the wine from these creatures, by drinking every cask we find undamaged. At least this way, we know it did not go to waste " ​and he straps his backpack tightly to his back. " now, shall we get going ?! "
 

Lindeloef

First Post
"I'm all in favor to get this job done. And assuming from his facial expression, Sargent Luce would be more than happy for us to finally help his friend." Robert replies to Morgrymm.

"So off to some rat whacking? That reminds me of a small town, where they once a year in spring drive snakes to the town square and then bash them to death with clubs. Was it the town square or a field, don't quite remember."
 

Grayn

First Post
"Tirgas, I see the cards didn't reveal our continued companionship." Dame Morrogrim said to the dwarf with a hint of a smile. "I am glad to see you along, none the less."

"Sargent, what district did you say the warehouse is in?" she continues, turning to the Sargent. "And this Gerroldo Fresconi..." She pauses to ponder the name for a moment.

[sblock=Roll]Knowledge: Hiistory = 1d20+8=22
Knowledge: Nobility = 1d20+5=10

She is trying to remember any historical knowledge of the area or the person that may be useful.
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=Roll]Knowledge: Hiistory = 1d20+8=22
Knowledge: Nobility = 1d20+5=10

She is trying to remember any historical knowledge of the area or the person that may be useful.
[/sblock]

"Excuse me a moment."

The Sargent leaves and returns shortly with the paper he posted in the common room.

"Here are the directions. His family and mine are friends from back a ways"

The knowledge checks reveal nothing he is not nobility, there is no historical influences of that family name.

"The area is still under construction I am told, so you won't have to be too gentle in battle. If thereb are no other questions I can answer, then I must be back to duty."
 

Grayn

First Post
"Well then, gentlemen, I agree, I think it is time to remove this rat problem." she says as she tightens the straps of her pack to her back.

Turning towards the door on her heels, she she lifts the edge of her heavy scarf and taps the floorboards with her cane. The small bird that was sitting in the rafters, flies down and hides within the deep folds of the scarf. She walks out of the room and to the door of the inn, where she pauses to adjust her cuffs, apparently waiting for her group.
 


Cyclopean

First Post
Tirgas frowns at Robert's story, although he says nothing in response. He is removed from his brooding by the sight of Dame Morrogrim apparently summoning the thrush. He maintains his silence as he departs with the rest of the group, although he keeps glancing at the scarf the bird vanished into. It is clear to any watching him that he is barely restraining his curiosity.
 

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top