log in or register to remove this ad

 

Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The elevator moves down.

The shaft is lined with oak planks, the smell of fresh cut timber strong still, the lift is made of some sort of dark colored wood, the rope made of expensive silk. The pulleys are so new, they hardly have a squeak.

GM: more to come


*continued:*

"Youz gize jus call fer marcos, dats me, when yuze needin to be pulled up." The big guy calls from above. "You gits dem rats fer me, 'K?"

The party of intrepid rat exterminators traverse the hall of partially chewed oak paneling of the wine cellar, noting the rodent offal, heavily chewed fine wood paneling and rat footprints everywhere. The presence of battle seems . . . . . off. There is blood and fur everywhere, but the bodies of the dead rats from the swarm are missing.

Dame Morrowgrim's skin still crawls f the stench of rats and unwashed dwarf.



[/gm]
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

Marcos' voice rolls down the shaft as Charity labors with her flint and steel. She tilts her head back and yells back up the shaft, "Will do, Marcos!" Moments later, the spark finally catches and the torch roars to life.

Coming onto the battle scene, she casually waves the torch side to side as she walks, Glaive in her left hand. "Hunh, blood and fur..."

[sblock=ooc]
Charity doesn't know much about the situation, so she's focusing more on keeping lookout for rats than determining what happened in the battle scene.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6
Initiative: +1


Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive(left) and Torch(right)
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Spells Remaining (1st): 0
[/sblock]
 

jkason

First Post
Ru gives the dwarf a brief chuckle and a nod as the group descends. In the basement, though, he turns his senses to the matter at hand. He points to the blood and fur with the tip of one sword.

"You said you killed several of these things?" he says. "Are we sure they were dead? I suppose it's always possible the rats ate their own, or ..."

He groans and rolls his eyes as a thought occurs to him. Then he shakes his head and continues, though he seems to be trying to convince himself of his words.

"Cannibals. We're going with cannibal rats. We're not going to think about undead rats, because two nasty things most assuredly do not go well together."

[sblock=ooc]Perception to try to assess what happened, I suppose. Ru has no ranks in Survival yet, and none in Know: Nature, so generic "what does he notice" is the best I've got at present:

Perception (1d20+5=15)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 20/20

Initiative: +4
Perception: +5 Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +1 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Reflex: +8 Will: +2
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)

Wakizashi: +5, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +3/+3, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +5, 1d6
Shuriken: +5, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +1d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank)

Conditions: Sunrod light source (belt)

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Shuriken: 10/10
Giant Wasp Poison: 1/1
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Grayn

First Post
"Ugh...lets just get moving into the cavern. I don't want to be down here any longer then we absolutely have to."

Dame Morrogrim shudders and walks towards the entrance of the cave, watching out for any indications of the swarm.

Perception:
Morrogrim: 1d20+4=19
Olkoi: 1d20+5=22
 

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=dm's maniacal giggling] oh goody goody goody![/sblock]

perception 10 plus: distant echoing of hissing and growling can be heard from the cave area. It is reminiscent of the sounds from the dog sized rats that were last seen running across he egg shell thin floor over the concealed hole in the floor.

The Job seems to beckon to the party from within the cave .. .. .. .. ..
 
Last edited:


Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

Blade forward in the direction of the sound, Charity surveys the floor leading in the direction of the rats, concerned about collapses similar to the one that hurt the group's previous compatriot.

Perception check for rats and false floors: 1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21


[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6
Initiative: +1


Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive and Torch
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Spells Remaining (1st): 0
[/sblock]
 

jkason

First Post
Ru's generally cocksure attitude seems to falter a moment as he catches the sounds of hissing and growling. He sheathes one of his exotic blades, drawing two vials from his belt pouch.

The first, a milky white tonic, he swigs back quickly, scrunching up his face at the taste. He shakes it off, however, and holds forth the second vial. He bites his bottom lip, his eyes narrowing as, With focused care, he spreads the thick, syrupy substance along the blade edge. He holds the blade forward, studying it in the direct light of the sunrod, then nods, apparently satisfied.

Discarding both vials, Ru draws his second blade again, his attitude apparently having returned. He shifts to the front of the group with a surprisingly light step. When he's determined everyone is ready, he ranges ahead about 10 feet from the group, keeping an eye out for structural weaknesses.

"All right then," he mutters, "Let's go play cat, shall we?"

[sblock=ooc]Seems like as good a time as any for Ru to take his antiplague. +5 Fort vs. diseases (like, say, filth fever) for the next hour).

Also, he's applying poison to one of his blades. Giant Wasp Poison to be exact. Ru has the Poison Use class feature, so he doesn't risk poisoning himself with it.

Then, as above, moving forward carefully, trying to keep an eye out for pitfalls. Do you want me to keep making Perception checks, or would you prefer to make them in secret? Ru has a +5 on Perception if you decide on the latter[/sblock]


[sblock=mini stats]

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 20/20

Initiative: +4
Perception: +5 Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +1 CMD: 15 Fort: +8/+3 Reflex: +8 Will: +2
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)
Bold save above reflects bonus from antiplague


Wakizashi: +5, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +3/+3, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +5, 1d6
Shuriken: +5, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +1d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank)
Giant Wasp Poison (1 blade). DC 18 Fort save 1/round for 6 rounds, 1d2 Dex damage per failure. Cure: 1 save

Conditions: Sunrod light source (belt)
Antiplague: +5 fort vs. disease for 1 hour
Giant Wasp Poison: First Wakizashi hit vs. enemy

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Shuriken: 10/10
Giant Wasp Poison: 0/1

USED: Antiplague
Giant Wasp Poison
[/sblock]
 

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
GM: I will be making trap checks in secret, FYI to all. If there is an area that you suspect has a trap, let me know the are, what your mod is and I will secretly roll it.


Cherity sees some minor drag marks that seem to leak mostly toward the hole in the wall to the cave complex.
 

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

"Look at this, guys," Charity points out quietly, a bit of waver in her voice. The flame haired woman illuminates the drag marks with her torch before following Ru, about 10 feet behind.

[sblock=Scott]
1) Are we out of the wooden floored area?
2) I'm perfectly happy letting you roll... whatever it is.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
I probably shouldn't do too much more without a chance for others to interact.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6
Initiative: +1


Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive(left) and Torch(right)
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Spells Remaining (1st): 0
[/sblock]

[sblock=Redacted Text]
Since nobody else has posted yet, I'm doing an overall edit/cleanup. I hope that's ok. I'll preserve all my stumblings here:
"What about this, guys?" Charity asks quietly, a bit of waver in her voice.

The flame haired woman steps towards the hole in the wall slowly. Leading with her torch, Charity illuminates it from different angles, glaive in her other hand.

I wasn't thinking 'trap', but rather some sort of natural sinkhole, so I thought it might be a perception roll.
Oh... I was thinking false floors. I lost track of my own train of thought.
Annndddd I didn't understand what Ru was doing, so Charity's action seems strange. Sorry. Not a good start. I guess she's kinda falling in behind and also helping keep things lit. At least 10 feet behind, like he says, is fine.
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:


jkason

First Post
Ru nods as Charity points out the marks. The usually-chatty Rhat'matani has fallen silent as he focuses on the task at hand. He moves to the hole, looking, too, to see if there might be any alternate routes to whatever's on the other side. Sneaking is always better when it's not the most-used path.

[sblock=ooc]I may have things wrong. There's a hole in the wall, yes? This isn't the hole in the floor you used to get rid of the previous character? If I'm right, then it looks like that's the way to go, so Ru will scout ahead, and hope his instincts hold[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 20/20

Initiative: +4
Perception: +5 Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +1 CMD: 15 Fort: +8/+3 Reflex: +8 Will: +2
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)
Bold save above reflects bonus from antiplague


Wakizashi: +5, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +3/+3, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +5, 1d6
Shuriken: +5, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +1d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank)
Giant Wasp Poison (1 blade). DC 18 Fort save 1/round for 6 rounds, 1d2 Dex damage per failure. Cure: 1 save

Conditions: Sunrod light source (belt)
Antiplague: +5 fort vs. disease for 1 hour
Giant Wasp Poison: First Wakizashi hit vs. enemy

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Shuriken: 10/10
Giant Wasp Poison: 0/1

USED: Antiplague
Giant Wasp Poison
[/sblock]
 




Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
GM: I give my word of honor as dm of this game, nothing will sneak up behind you here. [more maniacal giggling and diabolical laughter ensues]


Last known map:

ROUS Cave 2.2.jpg
 

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

As the group moves from finished basement to cave, youth and inexperience show as Charity steps slowly, examining the cave features and falling 15 to 20 feet behind Ru without realizing it. As she catches up to her 10 foot spacing, torch and sunrod light illuminate a new challenge: a choice. Looking back at those who have gone before, she asks quietly, "Which way?"

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6
Initiative: +1


Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive(left) and Torch(right)
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Spells Remaining (1st): 0
[/sblock]
 

Lindeloef

First Post
"The dog-sized rats ran that way" Robert says, pointing towards a passage in the cave system "Careful, that's where our friend crashed through the floor. Also not sure where the other ways lead to. I keep an eye out for rats comming from the back."


perception: 1D20+6 = [1]+6 = 7


OOC: or not ^^ I totally forgot that the dice hate me

edit: did a short research on my dice results. Yep half of my rolls were either below 8 or a miss. Good thing we got 2 new players to roll good ^^ But at least I am good at Initiative rolls *thumbs up*



[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark
AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 12/12
CMB: +5 CMD: 18
Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +2
Perception: +6
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Short Bow


[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Cyclopean

First Post
"Are we sure they were dead? I suppose it's always possible the rats ate their own, or ..."

Tirgas briefly bends down to examine the scene before moving through the passage with Topaz.

"Ay, rats'll eat just about anything that doesn't fight back too much. I reckon it's the big ones that ate the rats we killed, since there aren't any bones. As for the trail, I believe we made that pulling our friend to the elevator. Poor Lad."

[sblock=ooc, rolls]It occurred to me that I could reasonably make another roll to identify and know things about the dire rats after fighting with them. I then got a 26 on that roll :D.
Knowledge (Nature):: 1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=35252http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=35252
So, DM, can I essentially just check out the bestiary entry?

Perception:: 1D20+8 = [18]+8 = 26http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=35253http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=35253

Perception (Topaz): 1D20+1 = [6]+1 = 7http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=35254

again, sorry for the low amount of posting. I should do better now that all my IRL campaigns have wrapped up for the summer.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tirgas_the_Hermit_(Cyclopean)
AC: 16* (15 flat-footed, 11* touch)
HP: 9/9
CMB: +2 CMD: 13†
Fort: +3‡ Reflex: +1‡ Will: +5‡
Perception: +8
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy Pick (+1, 1d6+1, crit x4)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Prepared (Cantrips): Create Water, Know Direction, Read Magic
Spells Prepared (1st): Cure Light Wounds x2 (Both used)

* +4 Dodge AC vs. giants
† +4 vs. trip and bull rush
‡ +2 vs. spells, poison, and spell-like abilities


Topaz
AC: 16 (12 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 19/19
CMB: +3 (+7 to Grapple) CMD: 16 (Immune to Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Perception: +1 (Scent)
Initiative: +3

Tricks: Attack, Come, Down, Track

Natural Weapons: Bite +3 (1d3+2, grab)
Current Conditions in Effect: None[/sblock]
 

jkason

First Post
Ru turns the direction Robert indicates, slowing as he approaches the edge of the large hole. He cocks his head to one side, then turns to assess the others, especially Charity in her heavy armor.

"Unless someone has a better way to bridge this thing," he says, glancing around to see if there are any large pieces of lumber which might fit the bill, "Looks like we're going to have to jump this. I don't think it'll be a problem for me, but some you lot with the heavy metal might not be so easy.

"Does one of you have rope? I can take one end across, tie it to one of the support beams. Then if someone misses, it's just an embarrassing few minutes of hauling on a rope, rather than a full on rescue mission."


[sblock=ooc]
As above, first looking to see if there's a way to bridge the hole. If not, jump across with the rope and try to tie it off / brace it so others can get across.

Ru has a +9 in Acrobatics. If I'm reading the map right, there are a couple of spots where the hole is only 10 feet wide, so he'd auto-succeed the Acro to jump check.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 20/20

Initiative: +4
Perception: +5 Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +1 CMD: 15 Fort: +8/+3 Reflex: +8 Will: +2
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)
Bold save above reflects bonus from antiplague


Wakizashi: +5, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +3/+3, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +5, 1d6
Shuriken: +5, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +1d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank)
Giant Wasp Poison (1 blade). DC 18 Fort save 1/round for 6 rounds, 1d2 Dex damage per failure. Cure: 1 save

Conditions: Sunrod light source (belt)
Antiplague: +5 fort vs. disease for 1 hour
Giant Wasp Poison: First Wakizashi hit vs. enemy

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Ki Pool: 3/3
Shuriken: 10/10
Giant Wasp Poison: 0/1

USED: Antiplague
Giant Wasp Poison
[/sblock]
 

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top