• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Silent Tide

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[SBLOCK=OOC]Sorry! I'm on vacation . . . thought I'd have a chance to update before now so haven't posted in the AFK. Hopefully I'll be able to get a post up soon. It's the BG turn, but I haven't decided what they're going to do yet.[/SBLOCK]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Gavin peeks 'round the corner and sees . . . nothing different, other than the absence of the greasy slick on the dirt. The door remains firmly shut. Robert's climb to the top of the collapsed tower places him in position to assault the window of the main tower's second floor, but he still cannot see in due to the angle combined with the light difference from outside to in.

Then, the scene explodes into action! The door bursts open, a burly man wielding a hand axe steps out and into the corner. "On his six" is a little gnome, who zips past him and starts a run for the swamp, moving faster than his short legs should be able to carry him. The gnome is clutching something tightly under one of his arms.

GM: Party is up!

Combat Map

[sblock=Combat!]
Code:
[u]Combatant     HP     AC     Condition[/u]
Robert        04/32  17/13  
Gavin         00/16  16/12  
Charity       06/32  17/11  

(Gnome)       00/    13/13  
(Nessian)     00/    17/13  

[s](Archer 01)   00/    17/13 [/s]
[s](Dagger Thrw) 00/    17/13 [/s]
[s]Dog           00/    13/12 [/s]
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Seeing the sudden flurry of activity from Nessian and his henchman, Charity moves to intercept the slower of the two. "Gavin… take te runna," she suggests as she moves by him, obviously slowed down by her heavier armor. Dropping her healing wand as she moves by the fallen guard dog, she brings her glaive to ready as she manages to cut off the man's apparent path of escape, but leaves herself open to attack with no friendly shield-man between her and her enemy.

Pointing the weapon menacingly at Nessian, the young guard takes a deep breath, mentally preparing herself for the next few seconds…

[sblock=Combat Stuff]Move action: Move
Move action: Move
Free action: Drop wand
Swift action: Smite on Nessian (if evil: +3 hit, +3 damage, +3 AC to his attacks)

updated map: http://beta.ditzie.com/49313/53d4a7763bf57

Last turn, I had options of play aggressively (move to better stop precisely this event) and play conservatively (heal Gavin). The decision just cost me two swings… so I hope things go well, just the same.[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 26/32
CMB: +5 CMD: 16

Fort: +7 Reflex: +6 Will: +7
Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +7
Initiative: +1

Lay on Hands remaining: 4/4
Smite remaining: 1/1

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Current Conditions in Effect: Continual Flame(Ioun Torch)
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: chakram(in dog), healing wand (next to dog)
Items depleted: Healing Wand-5 chg[/sblock]

Piston Honda

First Post
The Navigator hears Charity, having already spotted him carrying something. That's the plan, not worried about killing him though, I just want whatever he's got. He thinks as he charges the gnome, dropping his blade along the way and attempting to tackle him to the ground, he's always got a dagger if things get rough.

Updated map

[sblock=Action]
Charge and grapple. The core rules are not clear on this, I added the normal bonus from a charge, if that doesn't apply, take 2 off here. I'm mostly trying to hold him and wrestle whatever he has away from him. I'm -2 to AC and my CMD is 13.
Grapple on a charge (1d20+3=22)
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]It's a DC 15 Acrobatics check to ignore the first 10 feet fallen (I'll give you all of it, in this case). If you fail the check and take damage, you land prone. The 'Death from Above' feat allows you to jump down on a foe, using the momentum as a charge attack to gain +5 to your attack roll in place of the usual bonuses for charge and attacking from higher ground.[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
[sblock="ooc"]thanks Mowgli

Acrobatic Check DC 15 (i will probably fail this): 1D20+2 = [14]+2 = 16

yay :D

note if I cannot attack him after getting next to Nessian, tell me so and ignore the rolls. I assume Nessian is a Human too. So I will apply my Fav. Enemy Bonus to the Rolls.

Power Attack against Nessian: 1D20+10 = [14]+10 = 24
2D6+11 = [4, 4]+11 = 19

[/sblock]

Seeing how Gavin can handle a gnome Robert leaps from the side tower to take care of that guy next to the door.
Next to who Robert assumes to be Nessian, he swings his trusty Greatsword down on him hard.

Combat Map

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 28/32
CMB: +7 CMD: 20
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +2
Perception: +7
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword (mwk)

Favored Enemy: Human (+2 to attack and damage rolls)

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Robert comes down on the bandit leader like a bolt of thunder, greatsword cleaving a chunk of flesh from Nessian's side, as Charity positions herself for an attack. Nessian's answering blow from his hand axe fails to penetrate the Ranger's armor.

Gavin sprints after the fleeing Gnome and makes a flying tackle, wrapping the little fellow up in a strong embrace. There's a sharp pain in his side as the two fall to the ground, and another as they tumble. A wave of weakness washes over him, and the earth seems to spin even more than his rolling across the ground would account for . . .

Combat Map

[sblock=OOC]PH, what you want for getting the bundle (it's a book) away from the Gnome is Disarm. The Gnome hit with his AoO as Gavin started the grapple, and again on his action. Kindly make a Fortitude Save, DC 12 . . .

Nessian is Human, and using Acrobatics is part of a Move action so Robert had plenty of time to get in a swing ;)[/sblock]

GM: Party is up!

[sblock=Combat!]
Code:
[u]Combatant     HP     AC     Condition[/u]
Robert        04/32  17/13  
Gavin         07/16  16/12  Grappled, (Poisoned?)
Charity       06/32  17/11  

(Gnome)       00/    13/13  Grappled
(Nessian)     19/    17/13  

[s](Archer 01)   00/    17/13 [/s]
[s](Dagger Thrw) 00/    17/13 [/s]
[s]Dog           00/    13/12 [/s]
[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
[sblock="rolls"]
Power Attack against Nessian: 1D20+10 = [17]+10 = 27
2D6+11 = [2, 5]+11 = 18

[/sblock]

"You should've given up, when you had the chance, Nessian." Robert presses these words through his teeth when he swings his Greatsword once again down hard on his foe.

Combat Map

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 28/32
CMB: +7 CMD: 20
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +2
Perception: +7
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword (mwk)

Favored Enemy: Human (+2 to attack and damage rolls)

[/sblock]

Remove ads