[LPF] Silent Tide

Lindeloef

First Post
"Why don't these kind of people ever have something useful..." Robert shakes his head. He picks up the stuff from the chest and returns to his companions. "I found this in a chest upstairs." And he shows the pipes and the scroll case.

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Busy with tending to the survivors on both sides, Charity suggests, "The bad guys may be carrying the things you would find most useful, Robert. I think I have Nessian stable if you want to check him over for valuables. And there are the two guys in the side towers, too. One had a bow; maybe you'd like it. As for you, Gavin, time to have that nasty cut looked at…"

With that, the guard form the Cortesian Temple shifts focus from tending the fallen to her own teammates. Taking time to apply bandages and clean wounds, starting with The Navigator, it's immediately obvious she possesses a soft and soothing touch.

[sblock=Stuff]Charity cleans and dresses wounds on The Navigator, then Robert. Cortesia sends healing energy flowing through her servant as part of the process (Lay on Hands), healing The Navigator for 7 and Robert for 6. Charity also pays particular attention to cleaning the poisoned wound on The Navigator and assessing if there will be any further effect.

1st Lay on Hands - The Navigator: 2D6 = [6, 1] = 7

2nd Lay on Hands - Robert: 2D6 = [4, 2] = 6

I'll leave it to Robert and The Navigator to discover the full extent of their wounds healing so quickly on their own schedule and in their own way.[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 26/32
CMB: +5 CMD: 16

Fort: +7 Reflex: +6 Will: +7
Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +7
Initiative: +1

Lay on Hands remaining: 2/4
Smite remaining: 0/1

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive (CLW Wand tucked under belt
Current Conditions in Effect: Continual Flame(Ioun Torch)
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: chakram(in dog), Rope (used to tie up gnome)
Items depleted: CLW Wand-5 chg[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Aura, I like what you're doing with Charity's development! A very well done IC growth into Paladin abilities.

I goofed a bit with the bad guys' treasure, so there's a bit of awkwardness there. I miscalculated the worth of that returning dagger by forgetting to make it +1 before adding the returning property. It would've been worth about 1500 GP more than the total treasure allotment for all three of you, so it's gotta disappear. That's what I get for making adjustments on the fly to try to make the fight more interesting :(.[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
"Woah, Charity. You should have told us that you have magical healing abilities like that one smelly dwarf with the snake back when we were killing giant rats. You remember him, right?" Robert says surprised once treated by the lay on hands. "But you should work on the range of it. Not that my wife gets jealous. Hahahah"

Piston Honda

First Post
The bandages stop the Navigator’s bleeding, and he feels the wounds begin to close and the nausea of the poison fades as Charity touches him. “Thank you,dear. I don’t know how I would have made it through without you.” He gives a smile as his energy seems to be returning.

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Obviously taken aback from Robert's and Gavin's comments, the young guard peels the bandages away from Robert's wounds only to find the wound already closed. "Hunh," Charity starts as she sits back, letting the bandages fall away, "I didn't do anything differently. Perhaps Cortesia has acted on our behalf? I'll have to quietly inquire at the temple and see what people think. It may take some help to figure out what happened--and if it's something I can do again, a little practice and self reflection to do it consistently. Too early to say. I have no idea about 'range' though," she continues, shifting subject a bit, "far be it I should inspire domestic strife, though."

Charity thinks for a moment, distracted by the turn of events, when her eyes light up. "Topaz was the snake's name… and the Dwarf… hmmm… Tirgas. I recall being worried on how to keep a bandage on a snake."

[sblock=ooc]Maybe the returning dagger was one of those old-school Drow weapons that rot in the sun. :)
We'll see where Charity's discovery takes her. It's been fun so far.[/sblock]

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive (CLW Wand tucked under belt
Items not currently in possession: chakram(in dog), Rope (used to tie up gnome)

Lindeloef

First Post
"Hmm okay, lets see if Nessy here has anything useful on him, that he hasn't soaked with his blood..." Robert says and proceeds to check Nessian for some valuables.

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Finally done with immediate duties, Charity starts helping take care of clean-up. Retrieving her chakram from the guard dog, she takes a moment to make sure the animal is put out of its misery if it still lingers on. Then she climbs into the towers to checks the archer and dagger thrower for life and, if finding any, works to stabilize them. Whether they yet live or not, she relieves them of weapons and valuables to return to the group.

[sblock=ooc]Somewhere along the line she puts the healing wand back into her backpack. It seems unlikely the guys in the towers lived, but either could have self-stabilized.[/sblock]

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Items not currently in possession: Rope (used to tie up gnome)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Both occupants of the side towers are well and truly dead, and the dog as well. Robert finds nothing on the bandit chief but his leather armor and his axe, and the weapons Charity finds on the side tower occupants are all mundane in nature.

[sblock=OOC]Sorry, very busy weekend and little time to post this AM either so very little fluff posted. I think I've covered everything in the way of questions, though. Shouldn't be much left to do but stow your findings for looking over later and wrapping up the details of the adventure. I'm happy to play all that out, or y'all can let me know what you want to do and I'll post a summary - entirely your call.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Clambering down from the last side tower a bit ungracefully, Charity has lined up the two bodies next to the dog. "I didn't find anything of great import--perhaps some of the weapons or armor is of good quality." Shifting gears in terms of both subject and action, Cortesia's guard makes herself busy with getting Nessian onto the makeshift litter. Once accomplished, she adds, "Well, he have the book for our employer and a bad guy for the White Cloaks. Shall we be going, then? It's been a long evening and I have a lot to think on."

[sblock=ooc]Continued IC or summary are both ok with me, although I will IC until said summary is given. :)[/sblock]

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Items not currently in possession: Rope (used to tie up gnome)

Remove ads