[LPF] The Cave of (Un)Death

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: BTW the map shows the area Damaris is in to be full of chest and treasure... that is an accurate description of the area.

Chronikoce

First Post
As the monster before him falls apart Vax lets out a final Roar of triumph "RAAAAAWR!" Before his rage passes and he leans heavily upon 'Crusher' to catch his breath. Turning to Hode "Thank you ever so much for your invaluable healing. I don't know if this endeavor would have been quite so smooth without your assistance." Vax eyes light up as he remembers the room he passed through on his way to fight the ogre "And now everyone let us find out what goodies have come into our possession following the vanquishing of our foe!"

[sblock=ooc]
Wooo! Vax finally hit!

He is going to move into the chamber with the treasure that he passed through before and begin searching through the piles to see what valuables are present.
[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
"Hey, hey, I call dibs on any pearls there for my share. They look good on me~" she calls back chuckling as Vax checks the treasure. She keeps trying to see if the dancing lights can reach the bottom of the ravine or simply give up on the idea of catching the necromancer.

vmaaxt

First Post
"Well done, friends! Aedger cautiously joins Damaris near the bridge, and begins yelling at Blue. "Do you see him?" The sound of bone clanking against bone twice echoes up from the ravine. "That means no," he says to Damaris. Turning back to Blue, "Do you see anything useful?"

Clank Clank.

Hmm. Ms Damaris, Mr Hode, Mr Vax, do any of you have some rope? I would like to let Blue all the way down. You can understand my hesitancy to leave before we've ensured that Mr. Zarrin is really dead. And will stay that way. He did fly over the edge without much regard for his own life."

[sblock=ooc]
Aedger will pick up a pebble, and "light" it before dropping it, to gauge the depth of the chasm.

If it appears that there's no hope of recoering the body, I suppose I'm okay with looting the place.[/sblock]

[sblock='ministats']
[sblock=aedger]Aedger Beinn, Aasimar cleric (undead lord) 1
init: +2 ac: 15, t:12, ff:13
hp: 02 perception: +9
cmb: +0 cmd: 12 speed: 30ft.
fort: +2 ref: +2 will: +5
resist 5: cold, acid, electric
senses: darkvision 60ft

current effects: none

in hand: Light Crossbow

special powers
channel negative energy 1d6, 6/day, will dc 14 used: 2
death's kiss: 1 round duration, 6/day used: 1
command undead

[sblock='spells prepared:']orisons:
light
guidance
mending
level 1: (dc 14)
cause fear (domain)
bless
cure light wounds
spell like abilities
daylight (1/day)
[/sblock]

attacks:
crossbow, light: +2 attack, 1d8+0, 19/x2, 80' bolts: 28
morningstar: +0 attack, 1d8+0, 20/x2

[sblock='expanded']skills
acrobatics 01
appraise 01
bluff 03
climb -01
craft 01
diplomacy 10
disguise 03
escape artist 01
fly 01
heal 03
intimidate 03
knowledge (religion) 05
perception 09
perform 03
ride 01
sense motive 07
stealth 01
survival 03
swim -01
carrying:
holstered:
Crossbow, light & bolts
morningstar
[sblock='pockets']earplugs (4x)
chalk (3x)
ink (1 oz. Vial)
inkpen (2x)
paper, rice (5 sheets)
[/sblock]
[/sblock]
[/sblock]
[sblock=blue]blue, skeletal companion (medium undead)
init: +2 ac: 17, t:12, ff:15
hp: 11 perception: +0
cmb: +2 cmd: 14 speed: 30ft.
fort: +0 ref: +2 will: +2
immune: cold undead traits
dr: 5/bludgeoning
senses: darkvision 60ft

current effects: none

in hand: Scimitar (r)
attacks:
scimitar +2 (1d6+2,18-20/x2), claw –3 (1d4+1)
or 2 claws +2 (1d4+2)
or dagger +2 (1d4+2), range 10'
or javelin +2 (1d6+2/×2), range 30' remaining: 3

[sblock='expanded']
carrying:
holstered:
scimitar
dagger
javelins
backpack
rope, hemp (50ft)(x2)
plank, collapsable
wandermeal (4 servings)
chalk (6x)
[/sblock][/sblock]
[sblock=pictures]
180px-aedger_beinn.jpg
180px-1342541056597_c6a62.png
[/sblock]

[/sblock][/QUOTE]

Systole

First Post
"Does Cavernous Hode have rope? Hah! he says in mocking tones. Of course an intrepid explorer such as Cavernous Hode has rope!" he produces a shiny length of rope from his pack with a flourish. "Mister Dickens, however, is an expert climber in his own right. Perhaps he would be so kind as to look for remains?"
[sblock=OOC]50' of spidersilk rope, coming up. Mr D also has a climb speed and can easily check things out.[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]
CavernousHode_150.jpg
MisterDickens100.jpg

Cavernous Hode
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 20/20
CMB: +1 CMD: 13
Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
Speed: 20'

Perception: +9
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Shillelagh(+3, 2d6+2/x2), Wand of CLW
Current Conditions in Effect: Bardsong (+1/+1)

0th level spells (DC 14): Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st level spells (DC 15): Magic Stone, Produce Flame, Shillelagh

Mister Dickens
AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 23/23
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 (17 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +2
Speed: 40', 20' Swim, 20' Climb

Perception: +5
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons (+5, 1d4/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Bardsong(+1/+1)[/sblock]

Chronikoce

First Post
Vax calls over his should "I don't think I see any rope in these piles! All sorts of goodies though!" He clearly is distracted by the treasure horde and not very much interested in the current status of his foe.

[sblock=ooc]
He is not real big on magic and has just assumed the fall would kill his foe.
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As some of the group gathers the loose treasure lying about, still others make for the ravine and the search for Zarrin.

The stone of light shows the drop to be almost two-hundred feet and no body is seen in it's radius as it rests below.

Thinking back on the spell Aedger cast on the necromancer, the effect was to drive him as far away from the cleric as he could get. So if the necromancer had a way to survive the fall, then the bottom of the ravine would have been just that.

Meanwhile Vax fills the already present chests and wonders how the group will carry everything.

OOC: Does the group truly wish to pursue the necromancer in their current condition? Most spells gone/few rages/no performances/etc. A little RP about your condition and what you all think about letting him escape for now would be nice.

soulnova

Explorer
"I have a hemp rope over here, but we would be still short." she takes it out of her backpack. "We could go to look for him later, but I fear we won't be getting up once we get down there. Vax needs more patching and Cave, Aedger and me should be resting to regain our energy"

Systole

First Post
"Resting to regain his energy? 'Pfaugh!' Cavernous Hode says. Cavernous Hode is mighty and raring for additional action, as would befit any truly heroic adventurer deserving of a song with which to win the heart of a certain horned maiden who shall remain nameless. Cavernous Hode flexes his almighty thews!" He strikes a pose, but then glances sidelong at Vax. "His above average thews," he amends, but recovers quickly. "But this is a mighty victory, and the literature that Cavernous Hode is familiar with assures him that no one could survive that fall."

He ponders this a moment. "Actually, the real life that Cavernous Hode is familiar with also assures him that no one could survive that fall. Forty, forty-five yaran? Pancake city, in Cavernous Hode's experience. Cavernous Hode suggests that the party commence with looting and the inevitable denouement, followed by singing and the wooing of horned maidens."

Chronikoce

First Post
Vax looks up as his companions discuss the possible survival chances of their foe, "hmm you say you cannot see his body? Well I do admit that is worrisome... However there is a great deal of treasure here and I think the prudent thing to do would be to remove it from its current location so that it is not seized by bandits or other such trouble makers who will use it to being woe to many." He stares off into space for a moment before "Yes I do believe our best course of action is to secure the treasure. That way if our hated foe should some how have survived the fall and come to seek revenge at some point we would be better equipped to give him another sound beating!"

[sblock=ooc]
If the rest of the party agrees with the looting plan then Vax is going to ask if anyone has a way to transport their earnings. If they do not he is going to look at the close bridge and backtrack to the other bridge and try and acquire several sturdy planks which would be strong enough to be lashed together to form a makeshift sled. Upon which the treasure could be heaped.

On that note, if there are any massive two-handed weapons of fine quality Vax would quickly seize them, inspect them to try and determine if they are worthy replacements to 'Crusher' and if so lay claim to them (if nobody objects of course).

If I need to roll appraise or anything of that sort, let me know.
[/sblock]

Remove ads