[LPF] The Forge of Fury, Pt1

perrinmiller

Visitor
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)



Ariel finishes up her lunch and looks askance at the elven woman. Their conversations have been strange over the brief time that they have known each other and she is not sure if she say anything or not. The war maiden has no interest in being slapped for an imaged slight, and she is just hot-headed enough to fight back. Better to ignore the behavior and not attract attention to it further.

"Sometimes the right up front approach will work. Helina's Justice prevailing. If it doesn't She will care for us in the afterlife."


[sblock=Mini Stats] Ariel Esimae
Initiative: +2
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: None

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Spiritual Weapon, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Prayer, Dispel Magic)[/sblock][sblock=Stone Tooth Area Map]Note: North it to the top. You are at the Red dot.

[/sblock]
GM: I am sort of stalling to see if we will get one of the players recently available.
 

mfloyd3

Visitor
Iago looks at the warmaiden, not unfriendly, but reflecting the differences in attitude between an agent of justice such as the priestess and an -- adventurer? -- like himself.

"We'll want to coordinate our attacks when we face them again," Iago observes. "The orcs were ferocious. They came at us even at the very edge of death. I have some tricks I may try to slow them down, and I may make use of them. But we must stay close together and confront them with our full force, or they will overwhelm us."
 

perrinmiller

Visitor
GM: jbear's Maui will be joining us, but he has bookkeeping to take care of first. I intend to have him join you in the wilderness so Fae'shiel is going to wander off in take a leak and never return at some point. Maybe she will actually argue with her sword and accidentally slit her throat.
 

mfloyd3

Visitor
Iago considers the situation. "If the orcs are making their home here, they may be in the Dwarven tunnels. But they were not wielding Dwarven blades. If the cache exists, it may still be intact."

[sblock=ooc]Just making conversation.[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Visitor
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)



Ariel has been holding her longspear in hand and nods, "Yes, fighting in coordination is good. I will use the reach of this spear initially as I close in with the enemy. Then once there, I can switch to shield and scimitar."

"But I have a few spells and abilities to use as we approach them as well. A ball of fire if we face an unusually large number of them should thin their numbers or at least smite them with Helina's fire."

The warmaiden continues to casually discuss battle and killing evil creatures like it is just a routine job.

"Obviously Marcus is best with ranged attacks, yes? And Fae'shiel is-"

She turns at the commotion.

[sblock=Mini Stats] Ariel Esimae
Initiative: +2
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: None

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Spiritual Weapon, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Prayer, Dispel Magic)[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Visitor

The argument between the female elf and her sword began again in angry whispers and hisses. The crazed female elf is holding the naked blade in front of her as she argues with it.

"Fine if that's-"
"Whoa, hey-"
"Ulghnnnn."

The elf had stumbled on a root while navigating a tricky and steep part of the mountain slope. She lost her balance and tumbled past Marcus, then passed by Ariel and Iago as well.

The naked blade's point got shoved upwards up under her chin and the scimitar's hilt hit a rick. The sword was rammed all the way through the scull of the foolish elf. You follow along and find that there is nothing to be done.

Fae'shiel is dead.

You spend a hour burying her in a shallow grave and stacking rocks upon it. Rather than touch any of her belongings, you decide to leave everything she owned with her lest her unlucky nature spread to you. Ariel recites a quiet benediction and you are all shocked by the tragedy.

You were about to consider what to do next when you hear someone approach. On your guard, you take up defensive positions. Seeing and hearing each other simultaneously you all realize that you have not encountered the expected orcs you are hunting.

There is a black haired human dressed in skins, one looks like a leopard skin that appears to move like it is alive. The man is tall and looks like a jungle warrior with dark skin and tattoos on the left side of his face.

Maui has been roaming the mountains looking to find some orcs that he can scalp to collect bounties once he returns to Blasingdell.


[sblock=Stone Tooth Area Map]Note: North it to the top. You are at the Red dot.

[/sblock]
GM: jbear: Enter Maui and Taniwha
 
Marcus is torn asunder by the loss of his friend, companion, mentor and lover. The sword gets a heavy kick into the burial mound raised for the Elf. He remains aloof from his companions through the rest of the brief ceremony, not even paying attention to the attempt at last rights provided by the Warmaiden. Without a word he walks away from the remaining two into the woods, his steps retracing the path taken by the companions. He says not a word, but fades into the brush and branches.

[sblock=ooc]With Fae'shiel dead, there is no real motivation for Marcus to remain in this trip, so I am going to pull him and retire him. Sorry, mfloyd. Love to have a chance to play in another campaign with you.[/sblock]
 

Advertisement

Top