• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] The Forge of Fury, Pt1

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus settles in to do what studying he can, still working on trying to read the symbols and the lack of a campfire not helping. He manages to do some good though, and catches enough sleep to assume the watch before the newcomer.

The next morning Marcus stands, not a bit stiff from a night on the ground, or at least not letting on to it.

"Safe to assume none of us had any amazing ideas come to us in our sleep? So we try to find an easier way up, hopefully, than trying to get through the Orcs?

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Taking the first and longest watch as is the custom of most of her kind that study the arcane arts, Fae'shiel settles in to her Reverie when Iago relieves her so that he can assume his post at the watch. During her Reverie, images from the long ago past flood her brain as her sword shows her things that are from it's own past. Communing with her sword is something she is unaccustomed to, but it provides a welcome insight into what the group may or may not see on the morrow when they enter the stone tooth's lands.

In the morning she continues her studies of her spellbook for an hour so that she is ready and able to perform her duties for the group.

[sblock=Spells I am memorizing]I am going to memorize the following spells in the following order:

Cantrips:
I will be keeping the same cantrips.

1st Level Spells:
Color Spray
Grease
True Strike
Shocking Grasp
Corrosive Touch

2nd Level Spells
Invisibility
Cat's Grace
Scorching Ray[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago nods to the others as they wake, pulling out another chunk of bread and munching absently. As he has done every morning of their travels, he pulls strange apparatus from his pack and begins filling vials with exotic liquids. As always, his last elixir is a brown liquid poured into a ceramic vessel, which steams in the morning air. He drinks it with obvious pleasure. Alchemists do enjoy their coffee.

"I have no better ideas," answers Iago, as he finishes. He rolls up his bag. "Come, let us look for the best ascent."

[sblock=Iago stat block - includes currently prepared Extracts]

Iago

Initiative: +2

AC: 17 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)

HP: 42 Current: 42

CMB: +5 CMD: 17

Fort: +6 Reflex: +6 Will: +1;

PER Roll: +8/+10 (bonus for searching for objects or judging spoiled food)

Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Extracts prepared:

Level 1: Shield, Shield, Identify, Expeditious Retreat, *unassigned*

Level 2: Bull’s Strength, Alchemical Allocation, Alchemical Allocation

Mutagen prepared:

Strength: +2 Natural Armor Bonus, +4 STR, -2 INT

Weapons:

+1 Falchion: Attack: +6 = [BAB(3) + STR(2) + Misc(0) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d4+4, S, Crit: 18-20/x2

Bomb: Attack: +6* = [BAB(3) + DEX(2) + Misc(1**) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 3d6+5.5*, Fire, Crit: 20/x2 (only 1d6 multiplied); Rng: 20'
Special: Make 8 bombs/day

Longbow: Attack: +6* = [BAB(3) + DEX(2) + Misc(+1, MW) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+2*, P, Crit: 20/x3, Rng: 110; Ammo: 20

*+1 to-hit, +1 dmg w/in 30’

[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Long night tonight. Work tomorrow will be better than today, fewer meetings, so I will get my list of memorized spells posted for you tomorrow, PM. [/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg

Ariel awoke on her watch and finished her ablutions and prayers to Helina. With the others getting up and preparing themselves for the day, she eats some breakfast and listens as Iago suggests the plan for the day. She has donned her heavy armor once more and is not planning to be able to be very stealthy in the wooded valley at the base of the spire.

"Where are we going to go first?"

[sblock=Mini Stats] Ariel Esimae
Initiative: +2
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: None

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic)[/sblock][sblock=Stone Tooth Area Map]Note: North it to the top, and you are down on the southwest corner

TheStoneToothMap_zps18b7a480.jpg
[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago points to the mountain. "The slope is gentler near the north end. Perhaps we should look for a good route there."

[sblock=ooc]
PM -- Where was the smoke coming from the previous night?[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=ooc Marcus' Spells]Keeping the prepared spells the same as the previous preparation for him.

0 Level Level 01
* Acid Splash * Magic Missile^
* Ray of Frost * Gravity Bow
* Light * Mage Armor
* Mage Hand * True Strike

[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus sits and listens, munching on rations and sipping a little water. He nods to Iago.

"Though likely they will be watching that side, it might give us the best chance to ascend. We can also look at the extension of the west flank. Also, keep eyes open for game trails. The locals would know the best paths, I would think. I can keep my eyes open for those while we travel."

He turns a gaze to Ariel, then to Fae'shiel.

?We should keep Lady Fae'shiel in the middle, give her cover from which to use her spells. Probably keep Iago in front of her. So do I go first or in the back?"

His gaze comes back to Iago and an eyebrow quirks.

mfloyd3

Explorer
"With her armor, perhaps Mistress Ariel should take the lead," the orc replies, nodding politely to the priestess. "You can take rearguard."

Remove ads