[LPF] The Forge of Fury, Pt1

mfloyd3

Explorer
Despite his attempts to obtain training as a scholar, history is a weak point for Iago. Not wanting to admit he does not understand the woman's discussion of the forms of Runic, he simply pulls out a map case and produces several ancient scrolls from it.

"I recovered these from a Dwarven temple," he explains. "It had been looted by goblins, but they missed these. The translation speaks of a Dwarven stronghold and a famed weaponsmith. I am...curious to know what became of it." He offers the scrolls to the elf.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fae'shiel accepts the proffered scrolls, looks them over quietly attempting to decipher anything written on them that may be of use.

[sblock=OOC]It's funny, Runic is supposed to be the ancient variation of Dwarven, with Lesser Runic as slightly more modern then Elder Runic, and modern Dwarven as the most recent variation on the language. Fae'shiel knows Lesser Runic, and if she succeeds on a linguistics check she can interpret Elder Runic. However she does not understand Contemporary Dwarven. So the question I need to ask is... how old is the writing on these scrolls. If it dates to before the fall of the legendary dwarven citadels, then the likelyhood of Fae'shiel understanding what is written on them, is significantly greater. If it is more contemporary than that, the chances are significantly smaller.

With that in mind I have to ask Systole when the writing on the bracelet she received in our last adventure dates to for the exact same reason (I originally didn't realize that Dwarven was directly descended from Lesser and Elder Runic, but instead thought they were related languages). It seems that Fae'shiel may actually be capable of interpreting ancient dwarven with significant ease, just not modern dwarven.[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus pauses and watches as the Half-Orc, Iago, and Lady Fae'shiel start to talk. Noticing that his greeting seems to have been as useful as a third nostril, he decides to busy himself while waiting for whatever is to come by looking over a number of round, triagular and other shaped shields, as yet unadorned by paint or other identifying mark. As he walks, his head turns to take in one square shaped shield that looks to have had a pair of iron bands wrapped around it's steel body. He is looking at this curiously, his feet still moving, when he bumps into a Human, who he doesn't see until it is too late. *bump!*

Whoops! I'm so sorry.

The Half Elf, dressed in studded leather with slightly worn clothes over it looks up in surprise. He has a cestus on one hand, a dagger at his belt and a couple of thing on his back, a bag and a quiver. He looks genuinely apologetic.

First time I've seen shields like this without paint on them, half warn off and pock marks from the Gods know how many shots with any manner of weapon.

[sblock=ooc to HM]I thought you might like it if Marcus literally bumped into Markas. :p I think, if their names are pronounced similarly, there could be a lot of both turning and going "Yes?" when the name is called. :D[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Marcus Cole (Artur Hawkwing) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki

Initiative: +5
AC: 17 Touch: 14 Flat Footed: 13
HP: 22 Current: 22
CMB: +4 CMD: 18
Fort: +5 Reflex: +6 Will: +4

Weapon: N/A
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Markas (yes pronounced the same, so this should be fun) wasn't sure what was going on between the half-orc and elven woman do to the hammering, but they looked engrossed in a conversation, so the warrior started to inspect some of the shields hanging along the far wall.

*bump*

"Pardon me,"
he says with a nod to the half-elf.
First time I've seen shields like this without paint on them, half warn off and pock marks from the Gods know how many shots with any manner of weapon.

"Just means they did their job protecting whoever was using them."
he says with a grin.

Holding up his own battered kite shield in front of him he adds, "This has seen better days as well."

The dwarf continues his work and the half-orc and elf now huddle around a parchment. "Strange bedfellows those two make," Markas says using his chin to point. "If they're here to barter with Gorlan, maybe my questions can wait."

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Just because I am answering his questions does not mean I would be inclined to get in bed with him." Fae'shiel says off-handedly, but loud enough for both Marcus and the Markas to hear her.

OOC: probably not wise to insult the Elf with extra sensitive hearing, even if it is done at a distance in a smithy.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Denizel had marked the passages that he translated concerning the references to the dwarven stronghold of Khundrukar and a famous weaponsmith named Durgeddin that made finely crafted superior blades and axes. After looking it over, Fae'shiel is not able to tell Iago any more than he already knows.

GM: Artur, can you please use quotation marks on speech. Thanks.

Looks like another round of interactions are in order.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Not having heard the comment himself, Iago is visibly taken aback by the elf's response. His eyes narrow, suspecting he has been insulted, but instead he gestures to the parchment. "These passages, here. My comrade was able to give me the name, Durgeddin of Khundrukar, but little else beyond his skill as a smith. Can you tell me anything more?"

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus catches himself just as he is about to laugh. He manages to only give a snort, but a wide grin spreads across his face.

"Lady Fae'shiel is highly skilled in dealing with languages and oddities. Likely it is something of interest to them both. We came to see this smithy about some dwarven runes she has been curious about. She's quite the helpful sort when it comes to puzzles. Although on occasion her solution might seem a bit...odd."

With another grin he eyes the shield.

"Now that's more like what I'm used to seeing."

[sblock=perrinmiller]First time I've had someone ask for those. I usually do, but with the use of a color other than white to set it off, I guess I got a little lazy. :D[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fae'shiel nods at the explanation given to her by the half-orc and says "Yes, your friend explains as much here in his notes. Unfortunately I am uncertain if I will be able to determine much else."

OOC: going to roll a linguistics check to try to decipher the rest of the scroll.

toasterferret

Explorer
Anna Belacqua (Sorceress 4)

A red haired woman in fine clothing walks into the shop, her eyes glancing around at the weapons and armor on display, her brow furrowing momentarily at the ornamental gems on several of the female breastplates. Letting her eyes scan the rest of the room almost casually, they find their way to Iago.

She takes several steps forward, stopping several yards from the rest of the group.

"Excuse me." she says demurely. "Is one of you Iago?"

She patiently waits for an answer, an indecipherable look in her eyes.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases