[LPF] The Mightiest Weapon

Systole

First Post
OOC: Waiting on [MENTION=41485]InVinoVeritas[/MENTION] since Kazanto actually has points in Diplomacy. Daylily might make another roll if all hope seems to be lost, but holding off on a post for now.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"What, it's ruined?" Kazanto asks, her eyes growing wide in surprise. "Where I'm from, everything is covered in water and stuff all the time. It... kind of just happens when you live in the ocean. I was... I was just excited to hear that there was a way to serve a bird in a wonderful, tasteful manner..." Kazanto sobs lightly. "All we ever get are seagulls, and they're terrible! I just don't understand the land world at all... All these rules on where to wait, all these walls everywhere..."

Kazanto's cheeks glisten with tears, smelling of brine, as she turns to the halfling servant. "And you were so good to us, gave us a pretty room to stand in, gave us wine..."

[sblock=in Halfling]
"And your people have always been so good to me, ever since I saved that tribe on Peletanga isle and brought them to Venza... No more capture, they said, no more servitude..."
[/sblock]

She shakes her head. "Whatever. I'm just a stupid fish in a beast's world here. All I know are things about the ocean, the coral, the pearls, the lobster..."

Systole

First Post
Daylily stands his ground as the servants swarm around him. He catches Feador's eye. "You are no good host. You give us drinks of rot-berry because you is fear of our knowings." He deliberately spits on the carpet. "So we go. We talking to Guard Parsons. We tell him we knows about the burned inkings, and we knows the thing Frickards maked, and we knows the namings of Krif Card."

Ignoring the servants, he turns to go. "If you want be bad host, we giving you to Guard. Is deserve for both of you."

OOC: Daylily is referring to Galen Parsons - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki , who he knows from the last adventure, and who he doesn't care much for.

Do you want a charisma roll with this? He has no social skills, so it's a -1 no matter what. And he's not really trying for intimidation, bluff, or diplomacy. He's just stating his intentions and the facts as he understands them.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Most of the party's shouting and comments fall on deaf ears. However, it is Daylily's statement about the invention and the phrase 'Krif Card' that causes the lord's eyebrows to raise sharply. Lord Byron Feador recovers after disguising his discomfort by coughing into his palm. "Sorry, I've been feeling ill lately. Servants, please listen. Our rude guests are distraught, and I have no wish to allow them to ruin this house's reputation during these trying and emotional times. I will see them in my study in order to allay their fears and then send them on their way. Please, again, go back to your tasks."

With a well-practiced motion of his hand, the lord gestures you to follow him to his study, which you do. There room is furnished in a similar way as the waiting room, except for the large red oak desk at the end. Once the door is closed, Byron's shoulders sag in the appearance of exhaustion and he walks and falls into his desk chair, pivoting to face you. He looks as if he hasn't been sleeping well.

"You've learned much. You've learned that the invention that my brother and Frickard had been working on didn't turn out as my brother had hoped. It seems that you also learned about Frickard's second workshop that he registered under a false name. So I congratulate you on your cleverness, though I had hoped that my brother's guilty ravings were from the shock of finding out that his friend was dead. But no, by brother's mad speech to me was all true. He killed Frickard over a stupid invention. But you are too late. My brother left late last night." The man rubs his temples and shuts his eyes, as if trying to will himself awake from a bad dream.

jbear

First Post
Relic tisks.

"What we need for you to tell us is where your brother left for, exactly and by what means of transport... your brother must face the consequences of his actions. The city is about to come down and tear itself to pieces! And where is the exact location of the Krif Card lab? And if reaching him is too late, then you need to act with the nobility your station demands, face the truth, and quell the rage that swells murderously in the breast of the indignant masses. You must speak to them and say truth."

Relics eyes wtch the man piercingly wondering if he speaks the whole truth.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I will help you, but I want a guarantee that I and the rest of the family will not be implicated. In return, I will cooperate fully, tell you everything I know about my brother's action, and where you can find him. At this point, I care only to protect the family name from my brother's actions."

Systole

First Post
Daylily's demeanor softens as the lord explains the murderer was his own brother, but he says nothing and waits for the conversation to continue.

Qik

First Post
Quioan's eyes widen at the man's sudden admissions; of all the things he was expecting Frickard to say, this was certainly not one of them. Recovering from his surprise as Feador speaks of preserving his family's reputation, Quioan sighs inwardly. Nobles. Looking to their employers, he says, "Lord Feador, I believe that our hosts have more control over how this matter is presented to the public, since the four of us have little sway in the politics of Venza. Speaking for myself, I can honestly say that I have little to gain in tarnishing your family's reputation, and would gladly separate your brother's actions from your own to all who would inquire about them. My concern at this point is in finding the man responsible." Leveling a gaze at the man, he adds, "Your help in this matter would be deeply appreciated."

Remove ads