[LPF] The Mightiest Weapon

Qik

First Post
Quioan stands by, ready to make a move if necessary, but perfectly content to let the increasingly dramatic Relic step forward.

jbear

First Post
OOC: I can't imagine the area or how the crowds is, how tightly bunched they are at the moment but he is using his bonded object to use any daily spell I know, Sleep in this case. He's dropping it into the centre of the mass catching the most amount of people possible (in a 10ft radius right?) If that and his words aren't enough to calm and/or redirect the crowd's passions then I guess he is prepared to use his wand (though i was hoping not to so i couuld sell it later at full retail price for other stuff) as many charges as necessary, but without squandering it needlessly. He'll also use Daze on individuals if necessary and time permitting.

[sblock=Relic] Lvl 1 Human Wizard
HP: 17/17
AC: 16 Touch 12 FlatFooted 14
Fort: +1 Ref: +2 Will: +4
Spells: lvl 0: Ray of Frost, Read Magic, Daze
Lvl 1: Mage Armour; Shocking Grasp; Sleep:USED
Bonded Ring: Being Used
Lightning Flash 7/7 uses left today
Wand of Sleep: (50) charges
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
You count about 60 people in the main scuffle who are yelling and pushing, while another couple dozen onlookers stand idle and watch from the sidelines. Relic casts his spell where the shoving and shouting is the loudest and where the people are the most packed in.

His spell takes out over a dozen people, knocking them unconscious and causing further confusion. The crowd all turns towards him as he yells out, "Calm your anger! It was neither the Merchant nor the Artist Guild that murdered Frickard! The murderer was Lord Feador's brother, this great man loved by all murdered by a mean spirited noble over golden goose feathers! If you don't believe me, go and ask Lord Feador! He has admitted it before these representatives of your guild! Ask them yourselves before you spill blood!"

Some listen, though there are many people yelling as the crowd is a bit directionless. One woman yells out, "Brian! He just killed my Brian with his wizardly powers!" Someone in the crowd checks the man's pulse and tries to console her and tell her that her man is simply sleeping. The casting of the spell creates a mixture of emotions, some people angry and threatening, while others fearful.

"I don't care about no Feador! What about my mule and wagon!" One of the drivers yell out.

The party has stopped the crowd from breaking out into violence, though confusion still reigns. The heroes can decide to move on, or stay a moment to help untangle the mule carts while otherwise encouraging the people to move on.

Qik

First Post
Sighing, Quioan steps into the fray now that the threat of violence has subsided. Helping the driver untangle his horses, he tries to calm the crowd as best he can.

OOC: Don't have many useful skills for this situation, but I'll roll a wild empathy check for the horse (d20-2 (cha) +1 (ranger level)).

Systole

First Post
Daylily watches as Quioan approaches the mules. With some trepidation, he starts to approach to help, but as soon as one on the animals whinnies, the barbarian hurriedly backs away.

"What is you look at!?" he says, glaring at anyone who might have witnessed his tactical retreat. "If you are not fight and you are not help with animal, then you are damning wells to leave," he growls. Irritably, he begins dispersing the bystanders.

jbear

First Post
With raised voice amongst the confusion Relic calls out strong but calm:

"Take your anger home and let it sleep! Sleep like those that lie there on the floor peacefully deep in magic slumber. Or take it to Feador's farm and feed it geese. But do not turn it on each other. Your anger is fuelled by the same grief. But you misdirect it! Take your anger away or take it where it belongs!"

Having little talent with animals though he stays wellaway from the tangled mule. Almost as an afterthought he adds:

"Before you go, perhaps you could help this man with his mule."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
The chaos unfolding around Kazanto proves to be too much, as her eyes flash with an internal boil. She rises as high as she can, and calls out, "またすべての嫌悪私。"

A moment later she calms down, somewhat, her face still flushed and aglow. "We should go. We are trying to find Frickard's killer, not keep the guilds from fighting. If they feel they must."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The party decides to help disperse the crowd, despite Kazanto's pleas about the lack of time. It takes some diplomacy, but Quioan and Relic are able to calm the various squabblers in the crowd and assure the anxious that those knocked out will recover and are simply asleep. Some of the sleepers are roughly woken up, but the spell knocked the fight out of them.

Daylily is able to help untangle the mules and carts, his rough and ready appearance creating an uncomfortable silence among the two drivers. One of the carts is slightly damage, and a mule has a swollen ankle that will need tending, but otherwise the situation is resolved.

A full 30 minutes has gone by, but the stop is not without its rewards. One of the drivers motions the party over and offers them a wooden box with six sapphires in it; each gem worth 100gp. "Thank you so much! If the situation had gotten any more out of hand, I could have lost my merchandise, my mule, or my life."

OOC: The party can now continue on. Each character has earned 300 XP from the encounter.

Qik

First Post
As the party prepares to leave, Quioan can't help but smile to himself. "Well, that was actually almost worth the trouble, for a change," he remarks to no one in particular.

Remove ads