[LPF] The Mightiest Weapon

Systole

First Post
"This is place of Feen-dor brother, and he knows we is come, yes? So we is have only ones coursing of action."

Daylily walks up to the door, and casually rams his earthbreaker into the doorknob.

OOC: An earthbreaker isn't quite a portable ram, but Daylily is using it as such. Strength check to pop the door, I believe?

EDIT: Sigh.

Qik

First Post
"Agreed; he's likely to be burning the evidence as he tried to do at Frickard's home." As he casts a spell of protection for himself, he sees Daylily struggling with the door. Pulling up alongside him, Quioan puts his hands on the earthbreaker and says with a grin, "You look like you need some help, Daylily Falshenaya." With that, he gives a heave with the stronger elf.

OOC: Actions: cast Mage Armor using my bonded object and then help Daylily with the door.

jbear

First Post
Relic casts Mage Armour on himself while his companions deal with the door. He grumbles angrily look up at the smoke coming from the house:

"It's seems this fool is hell bent on killing more innocents..."

He turns to the two guildsmen.

"Run! Alert the Watch that there is a fire. With the narrow streets and the houses all so close, if this catches hold the whole neighborhood could go up in flames. We'll deal with the arsonists."

He then puts his back into helping boot down the door until someone tells him to get out of the way.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The guild members look to argue, but quickly do what their told after they realize how dangerous the next few moments are about to become and that it would be better if they were temporarily away. It is good to see them cooperate for once.

Daylily gives a mighty roar and slams the door handle with a mighty swing. But he nearly hurts himself as his weapon bounces back. Relic tries the same, kicking into the door, but it doesn't budge.

With a wry grin, Quioan takes Daylily's weapon and destroys the handle and connecting lock. The door swings open to show a large pile of books and tools burning in the center of the parlor room. The room takes up most of the downstairs, and is 25 feet square.

The wizardly Lord Feador is near the flames with a wet cloth around his nose. He looks haggard, as if he has not slept or eaten properly in the last few days. Still he lowers the cloth and grimly smiles at you. "At last you are hear, but much too late to save Frickard's work! I looked at the chaos his invention would bring! The people would turn against their nobles, believing themselves our equals. Estates would run red with blood. Castles torn down. The people would delude themselves into raising the most violent of men as their leaders, and in chaos they would not find peace but instead turn to slaughter one another in numbers never dreamed of. The people need guidance, not delusions. I am ready to die today, but some will understand and see me as a hero. Come, let us finish what you have come here to do! Let me show you how a hero dies!"

The crazed villian begins to weave a spell.

OOC: Roll for initiative and any necessary combat rolls. You are all crowded at the entrance to the house, and Lord Feador is 15 feet away.

Qik

First Post
Quioan raises his bow and mutters to himself. "You're right about one thing, Lord Feador: your death..." Focusing in on his target, he lets an arrow fly.

[sblock=Actions]Swift: Declaring Lord Feador to be my ranger's focus - +2 attack and damage rolls.

Standard: Attack: +10 (+5 Dex, +1 BAB, +1 MWK, +1 PBS, +2 Ranger's Focus); Damage: 1d8+5 (+2 Str Bow, +1 PBS, +2 Ranger's Focus)[/sblock]

OOC: God, what terrible rolls... *shakes fist*

Systole

First Post
Daylily roars and charges.

OOC: Rage, charge, use Knockdown Rage ability. 6 damage if it hits.

[sblock=Knockdown]Benefit: Once per rage, the barbarian can make a trip attack against one target in place of a melee attack. If successful, the target takes damage equal to the barbarian’s Strength modifier and is knocked prone. This does not provoke an attack of opportunity.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]Daylily Falshenaya

-Normal-
AC: 16 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB: +6 CMD: 18
Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +0

-Raging-
AC: 14 (14 flat-footed, 10 touch)
HP: 30/30
CMB: +8 CMD: 20
Fort: +6 Reflex: +2 Will: +2

Perception: +7
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Earthbreaker
Current Conditions in Effect: Rage, Charge (-2 AC)
Rage Remaining: 6
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Edit due to TERRIBLE initiative: Relic thinks about moving away from the door so the wizard can not catch the entire group with his magic, but he becomes so annoyed with Feador's mad ramblings that instead he stays where he is and delivers a long and wordy rebuttle that goes into great detail about the origins of the Feador Family forebears. By the time he has finished having his say he realises how unwise he has been and scrambles to spit out a spell to disrupt Feador's magic, magic that he thinks he recognises... all too late.

[sblock=Actions] If Relic is not burnt to a crisp when his turn comes he moves into the room somewhere smart so we aren't bunched up and casts Daze on Feador. Unless of course the spell he is using is of lvl 3 or more as Relic would know Daze would not affect such a powerful wizard. If that's the case I'll decide what he does once Feador has sent off his spell. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
OOC: It's been over a week since IVV posted with us, and he'd been spotty for a while up to this point. Not to be rude, but at this point I'd really appreciate it if we didn't hold up for him.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Combat Round 1

Initiative:
Daylily: 13
Lord Wisten Feador: 11
Quioan: 9
Relic: 3
Kazanto: Loses action. Outside and trying to come into door.

Daylily rushes Wisten and knocks him prone (nice job), lifting the man slightly off his feet and jarring him as he falls (-6hps to Wisten).

Quioan misses with his attack, mostly from Feador being prone. Relic believes the spell being cast is Deep Slumber, which Feador is attempting to cast while prone.

OOC: Confirm Daylily's Strength is 22 right now because of rage? Daylily gets an attack of opportunity.

Last edited:

Remove ads