[LPF] The Mightiest Weapon

Qik

First Post
GlassEye posted in the DWI thread about HolyMan's desertion, which is how I found out about it. I'd also noticed his absence in Uncertain Whereabouts.

Yup, it's the game with the gnome, although you guys might not come across him much (which is sort of a shame: him + Daylily could be pretty incredible). Just to be clear, it wouldn't be a particularly long adventure for you guys, but it should keep you busy for a couple of weeks, and it'd help me solve the problem of being a player short. I'll let you know when we reach the point where you guys can hop in, but it should be pretty soon - a few days, tops, depending on how everyone posts over the weekend, which should be enough time to get the XP from this adventure sussed out.

Thanks for running this, DT! It was a pleasure.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Thanks Qik! I just updated my first post and here is the meat of it:

1st Encounter vs 3 thieves complete: 1,200 XP split among 4 characters resulted in 300 XP each

2nd Encounter searching for clues: 800 XP split among 4 characters resulted in 200 XP each. Also, Quioan received a bonus of 50 XP for identifying the residue as ink, and Daylily receives 50 XP for figuring out that Krif Card was an anagram of Frickard.

3rd Encounter through sorting through clues: 50XP for Kazanto in discovering a motive. Quioan can now add Bren Stillwell as a contact, since his knowledge impressed the man. Bren Stillwell is a dye-making gnome who can provide local nobility and merchant news.

4th Encounter at the Geese Farm: Found location of Callery Frickard's second workshop.

5th Encounter at the Riots: Stopped riots and protected property without alienating either guild. Six sapphires worth 100gp each. CR 4 encounter with everyone splitting the 1,200 XP into 300 XP each.

6th Encounter at the second workshop: Silver broach with emeralds worth 350 gps, a Ring of Protection +1 and a Necklace of Fireballs (Type 1). CR 5 encounter with everyone splitting the 1,600 XP into 400 XP each.

Negotiations w/ Guild: 500gp from the guilds (250gp from each). Also, brought peace to the warring guilds for an unknown amount of time (up to other DMs, and I doubt it will last). Each member of the party has gained contacts with Gadral of the Merchant's Guild and Mimfred of the Craftsmen's Guild.

So total XP is = 1200 + 800 + 1200 + 1600 = 4800. Divided by 4 equals 1,200 XP each. But Daylily, Kazanto, and Quioan all had 50xp bonuses.

Relic = 1200 XP
Kazonto = 1250 XP
Quioan = 1250 XP
Daylily = 1250 XP

Selling the ring of protection and necklace of fireballs gets you 2000 and 1650 gps respectively.

So gold looks like this = 600 + 350 + 2000 + 1650 +500 = 5100gp. Divided by 4 is 1277gp and 5sp each.

The Bren Stillwell contact for Quioan, and the two guild contacts for all four players have no intrinsic gp or xp value, but will be valuable depending upon future DMs and usage.

jbear

First Post
So how does that come out with Time XP and Gold added in?

It is slightly ironic that Kazanto earned more xp than Relic, considering she disappeared completely for the final battle and is yet to show up even now with the adventure ended. Shrug.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
jbear, Mowgli is the one finalizing the numbers, he just asked me to put it all together. I am the DM, not the Living Pathfinder Judge. I am sure he will adjust as he feels needed and will also be awarding xp for playing time.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Just a note: it would be easier on Mowgli if you all calculated out your own time based xp & gp and had him approve the numbers. Especially since you all (presumably) know when you gained levels during this adventure (which changes the amount of TBX & TBG you earn).

DT, an FYI for future adventures you run: making a note of the date when characters level during your game in the first post would also simplify the process considerably.

Qik

First Post
By my read, my time-based rewards are thus:

As a level 1: July 28th to August 3 (7 days) - 49 XP (7x7/day), 42 gp (7x6/day)
As a level 2: August 4 to September 22 (49 days) - 539 XP (49x11/day), 539 gp (49x11/day)

Totals: 588 XP, 581 gp

Should be the same for Relic, too, but he'd have to confirm that.

So totals in full for Quioan are 1838 XP, 1858.5 gp. Once Mowgli confirms, I'll update my sheet (and go shopping!)

Systole

First Post
56 days * 11 gp/day = 616 gp
56 days * 11 xp/day = 616 xp

616xp + 1250 xp = 1866 xp Total (Dammit, 56 xp short of level 3)
616 gp + 1277.5 gp = 1843.5 gp Total

Same numbers for Kazanto.

jbear

First Post
By my read, my time-based rewards are thus:

As a level 1: July 28th to August 3 (7 days) - 49 XP (7x7/day), 42 gp (7x6/day)
As a level 2: August 4 to September 22 (49 days) - 539 XP (49x11/day), 539 gp (49x11/day)

Totals: 588 XP, 581 gp

Should be the same for Relic, too, but he'd have to confirm that.

So totals in full for Quioan are 1838 XP, 1858.5 gp. Once Mowgli confirms, I'll update my sheet (and go shopping!)
I haven't a clue how time gold/xp works (I'll find out though if it is the players responsability to track) but we levelled at the same time so it must be equal for both of us.

I don't like to seem like an #@$%?¿!# but DT you did say in your rules at the beginning of the adventure:

"- I can NPC a character in case of emergency, but the PC will gain no experience for the encounter if I have to take him over, and the character will be gracefully removed from the party if the player cannot retake control once the encounter is over."

Being awarded the lowest amount of xp in an adventure makes me feel a bit like my character and I as player participated less or in an inferior way compared the other members of the group. I can suck that up, but when that includes a player that was absent for nearly the entire adventure including the entire climax, it don't taste too good.

Something I think at least worth your consideration for future games.

Thanks for the adventure though, I had a great time.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: Though I've been reading along (very entertaining read, BTW - great job with the RP) I wasn't really looking for absent/mostly absent players. Hopefully I'll have a little time this evening to look over the thread again with an eye for that. I'll look at the final numbers as well and get back with y'all tonight or tomorrow AM local time.

Systole

First Post
OOC: AHAHAHAHAHAHA .... I just realized that an earthbreaker crit is X3, not x2. Wisten was even MORE dead than we thought.

Remove ads