[LPF] The Road to Tritower

Lindeloef

First Post
Karra steps forward to the last enemy standing "Hmm... you think i am cute?" She says before swinging her katana at him. Clearly flattered she misses. "....You too."

[sblock="actions"]
-move up to last dude
- Attack the last dude:
_: 1D20+4 = [5]+4 = 9
1D8+3 = [4]+3 = 7

[/sblock]

map after Karra

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Karra
AC: 14 (13 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 5/21
CMB: +2 CMD: 13
Fort: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +3
Perception: +2
Initiative: +3
Arcane Pool: 4/5

Current Weapon in Hand: Katana

Spells Prepared:
*Cantrips (DC 14): (4/4)
Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Ray of Frost
*Level 1 (DC 15): (3/3)
Color Spray, Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp
Low-Light Vision
[/sblock]

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts

Heavily wounded from the man's spear, Leira's kick misses again.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Standard: Unarmed strike against enforcer
Unarmed Strike: 1D20+6 = [5]+6 = 11

Don't forget the whip blade is being used for AoOs :)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Leira Olren Mini Stats]

Leira Olren
AC:17 (16 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 2/18
CMB: +5 CMD: 18

Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +3
Perception: +1 Sense Motive: +1
Initiative: +5

Skills
Acrobatics: +3, Climb +4, Escape Artist +3, Heal +7, Stealth +4

Stunning Fist: You must declare that you are using this feat before you make your attack roll (thus, a failed attack roll ruins the attempt). Stunning Fist forces a foe damaged by your unarmed attack to make a Fortitude saving throw (DC 10 + 1/2 your character level + your Wis modifier), in addition to dealing damage normally. A defender who fails this saving throw is stunned for 1 round (until just before your next turn). A stunned character drops everything held, can’t take actions, loses any Dexterity bonus to AC, and takes a –2 penalty to AC. You may attempt a stunning attack once per day for every four levels you have attained (but see Special), and no more than once per round. Constructs, oozes, plants, undead, incorporeal creatures, and creatures immune to critical hits cannot be stunned.

Dragon Style: While using this style, you gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against sleep effects, paralysis effects, and stunning effects. You ignore difficult terrain when you charge, run, or withdraw. You can also charge through squares that contain allies. Further, you can add 1-1/2 times your Strength bonus on the damage roll for your first unarmed strike on a given round.

Dragon Ferocity: While using Dragon Style, you gain a bonus on unarmed strike damage rolls equal to half your Strength bonus. When you score a critical hit or a successful Stunning Fist attempt against an opponent while using this style, that opponent is also shaken for a number of rounds equal to 1d4 + your Strength bonus.

Current Weapons in Hand: Unarmed Strike (Considered Armed) +6, Damage: 1d8+5, Crit: 20/x2, Type: B,
Current Weapon for Attacks of Opportunity: Urami, +5. 2d6+5, Crit 18-20, Type S
Current Conditions in Effect: Enlarge Person, +2 Str, -2 Dex, 10' reach, -1 to hit
Resources Used: None (Stunning Fist 1/1)
Temporary items in possession:
Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Last Round Manor Battle

"What does it take to get you to slip up?" Brandon asks mirthfully, and then coats more of the porch with grease, raining it down on the last fighting opponent. As if on queue, the man indeed slips on a squeaky board and falls to the ground. He almost immediately tries to get up, but Leira and Karra are too fast for him, and take advantage of the situation by slashing him mercilessly. One of the two blades catches him on the neck and, while not taking his head, cuts him open in such a way that he immediately expires in the greasy mess left by Brandon's spell. Karra thinks she may have heard him try to say something to him as he went, but will never be sure.

With that, the 'fight', such as it was, draws to a close. Falcon and the blonde kid are both stunned out of their gizzards, but the other three are most surely dead. You are victorious.

[sblock=Combat Over]There is something vaguely cheesy about using Grease as an intentional AoO provoker, but it's Brandon's only real damage and he could have just as easily been doing spell damage the whole time, so whatever. It's easy to hit prone people with melee attacks, and Leira does a lot of damage as large size.

Falcon was not hit before getting knocked out by the Color Spray. The blonde is in pretty bad shape.

They have some nice weapons and armor (masterwork weapons include the Comp Longbow (Str 12) [500 gold], Chain Shirt [250 gold], Spear [302 gold] and Falcon's Shortsword [310 gold]. And some pocket-change that figures into TBX/TBG.

Combat Actors
Francis - 10 damage (12 hp), AC 18, potion used
Leira - 16 damage (18 hp), AC 17, Enlarged
Karra - 16 damage (21 hp), AC 14
Brandon - 0 damage (19 hp), AC 16, mage armor
Falcon - 0 damage (?? hp), AC 14, unconscious
Archer - dead
Enforcer - dead
Thug1 - 5 damage (?? hp); AC 14, unconscious
Thug2 - dead[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
"Hmm.. Were we supposed to kill Falcon or was there an option to capture him? I forgot" Karra asks while collecting herself after the hard fought battle.

[sblock="ooc"]
Guys, feel free to divide the loot among you two, as I will retire from LPF after this adventure, so Karra doesn't need any
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince[sblock=Mini Stats]Francis John, III
HP: 2/12
AC: 18 FF:14 T:15
CMB: 0 CMD: 13
Fort: -1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7 Initiative: +3
Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +8 Motive: +5
Sleight: +9 Stealth: +11
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 17/20
Unarmed: Dagger +2 d3+1
Adaptable Luck: 1/3
Items Used: Potion CLW[/sblock]

"Leave the pigs to me,"
snarls Francis, "but overall well done guys!" he finishes with a more positive lilt. "This time, I don't need any bleeding hearts, like that bumbling old fool Anzaldo."

With no airs of ceremony, the halfling goes up to the Falcon first. A few moments later, the passed gentlemen lacks a set of working thumbs as they have been shattered by Francis' surprisingly strong machinations. The thumbs on the blonde one follow suit, the working bits and pieces shattered into a lifeless mass with bones jangling around.

Francis proceeds to go to work on their faces, using his knuckles and boots. "There. That should leave them in a much more agreeable state. Do any of you have any rope to tie these creatures up? I'm not sure if we should leave them dead or alive quite yet, although I certainly won't get hung up over either option. But we do need to find a way to bring proof back to Anna. Presently, however, I do believe that there is a mansion here that needs exploring."

[sblock=non-lethal damage]By all that punching while they're out, is there a way judge how much non-lethal damage, or lethal really, would leave them hanging on by a thread when they awake?[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
"Francis, you might want to drink this potion, in case there are any friends of them lurking around. You look like you would bite the dust any time." Karra says and offers her Healing Potion to Francis.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince[sblock=Mini Stats]Francis John, III
HP: 5/12
Adaptable Luck: 1/3

"Karra, thank you.... just so you know together our children could be so beautiful." Francis throws back the healing draught. "Cheers mate!"

[sblock=CLW]Potion CLW from Karra: 1D8+1 = [2]+1 = 3
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Post Battle

As Francis 'goes to work', Brandon looks on and sighs. "Oh, this again. Haven't you had enough?" However, he does nothing to stop it, and just continues his business of accounting for valuable weapons and pocket change. Then steps into the old manor house.
After a severe working over, Falcon, the leader, doesn't regain consciousness for quite a while. When he does it is with slurred moaning consistent with his pulverized face. The blonde kid, already feathered with a crossbow, never wakes up.

Brandon returns. "Not much to see in there. Nothing really notable, I found a little more coin." He pitches a small pouch of coin to Leira before continuing. "Pretty run down, too. I would not call it safe. Looks like we got what we came for. i'm all for getting paid and heading back to Venza."

[sblock=Injuries and Damage]Basically, drawing blood, breaking bones, and other assorted similar actions cause damage. There is no real way around that. It's pretty hard to estimate how far gone an unconscious target is, since you've deprived yourself of one warning sign right off. The entire enterprise you're pursuing here is a grey area in a HP-based game.[/sblock]
[sblock=Kick 'em While They're Down]Francis: The first incident of this thumb breaking was questionably evil. But by upping the viciousness and making it clear it's not an excursion but rather a planned behavior, it is considerably moreso and you're taking a significant step towards the evil alignment, itself. I hope you will give this some consideration.[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
"Hmm... so off with Falcon's head and back to Miss Anna then?" Karra asks "I don't think that taking him along as a prisoner is a good idea."

FrancisJohn

Explorer
HP: 5/12
Adaptable Luck: 0/3

"No Karra, we don't have to kill him yet! Share with me your rope, and we'll put Mr. Naughtypants on a leash. We'll show Anna the fruits of our labor, then surrender Falcon to the city guard of Tritower, where he can be dealt with accordingly. Now.... if he gives too much trouble then we shall have to reevaluate our choice."

After Karra tosses him her rope, Francis ties up the prisoner's hands to each other and and his back, then arms to his waist. This allows him to walk, but obviously not much else. "Now, Monsieur Falcon, we are going to be a good little puppy and calmly accompany us back to Tritower, ya hear? If you have any second ideas, know that we have no problem finishing the job we started."

[sblock=Rope Knot DC 21]20+1+1-1
Hopefully this exchange happened before Falcon was fully awake.[/sblock]
[sblock=Use whatever skill is more appropriate. Diplomacy 18, Initimidate 17]Diplomacy +8, Intimidate +7 (With adaptable luck +2): 1D20 = [8] = 8
[/sblock]

[sblock=Time constraints]I am guessing we don't have enough time IRL to fully explore the mansion and have more adventures on the way back? Having to due with starting the next game? Not a problem for me, but just curious. Exploring an abandoned mansion would have been fun! I also imagine since The Road is being cut short there was more to do Tritower and more encounters on the road back?[/sblock]

[sblock=A question of morality]I would like to argue that thumb-breaking is much less evil than killing him! My actions are similar to de-clawing a cat. Take away what's dangerous, and they get to live. In the end, what's better for Falcon? Living with broken thumbs, or a simple death? Being alive honestly! Think about the movie Terminator 2 where he shoots the guy and then John is like 'why did you shoot him' and arnold is like 'he'll live'. then the one climax scene were he shoots dozens of people with zero fatalities? Plus, it's not like we weren't hired to be assassins anyway.

Sure breaking thumbs is rather gruesome, but in the end what is more merciful? I think the answer is obvious![/sblock]

Remove ads