[LPF] The Road to Tritower

Aura

Explorer
Manor House Battle: Front Lawn Round 1

Looking for thugs to kill, the heroes trudge their way further up the hill, finally arriving at the gate all about the same time. However, the advance does not come without cost, and the opportunistic archer makes sure to feather the running halfling along the way, taking care of his inability to swerve out of the way of oncoming attacks. Keeping everyone else honest, he also quills Karra as she advances with Leira, taking advantage of the comparatively soft target and avoiding Leira's shield.

Enforcer.jpg
As the group finally passes the gap in the low wall where carts and wagons are to be driven through, the Falcon Gang comes out for the fight. Coming through the front door, a large, burly man announces his presence, "Company is here, let's kill them and take their stuff!"

Falcon.jpgThug1.jpgThug2.jpg
Coming around the house from the right are three men in various types of leather armor and carrying short swords. The one in back, judging from the description you got from the Dark Elf, is probably Falcon. He encourages his men, "Get 'em, boys. Uh... you first!"

Archer.jpg
For his part, the archer silently reloads and points his bow at the onrushing women.

It is on.
[sblock=Combat]This is it--the final confrontation with Falcon and his goons.
Coming up the hill, the archer hits Francis for 8 and Karra for 5. He's on quite a streak and I advise killing him dead dead. :p It is your turn and the round counter has been reset to 1. (It took you 5 rounds to get up the hill, for those that are counting.)

Combat Actors
Francis - 10 damage (12 hp), AC 18, potion used
Leira - 0 damage (18 hp), AC 19
Karra - 12 damage (21 hp), AC 14
Brandon - 0 damage (19 hp), AC 16, mage armor
Falcon - 0 damage (?? hp), AC 14
Archer - 0 damage (?? hp), AC 15
Enforcer - 0 damage (?? hp), AC 16
Thugs - 0 damage (?? hp); AC 14

ditzie map: http://beta.ditzie.com/71559/5521ef11bdb70

Map effects: Going UP the stairs leading to the porch counts as difficult terrain. Going through the watery squares (soft/muddy ground, not really standing water) in any direction is difficult terrain. The circles are columns holding up the overhanging roof. The exact position of the driveway is not noted, as it is not important, but it heads off to the right. The rock is impassable without an acrobatics check. The two tree squares (lower left and lower right) are basically impassable. Anything else, just ask.

I'm sorry this took so long--too much fiddling with which artwork to use. And over two hours of just browsing images for no gain and saving them for later use.[/sblock]

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts

Leira rushes the archer, and wheels about in a rapid roundhouse kick striking the archer hard hoping to put him down before he does more damage with his arrows. She then raises her shield and whip blade to guard herself against any counterattacks.

New Map

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Swift: Begin Dragon Style
Move: up to attack Archer (shown on map)
Standard: Unarmed strike
Attack Roll: 1D20+6 = [14]+6 = 20

Unarmed Strike: 1D6+6 = [6]+6 = 12

I forgot to add the +2 damage from Dragon Ferocity. Dragon Style increased my damage from 1d6+4 to 1d6+6 and an extra +2 on top of that.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Leira Olren Mini Stats]

Leira Olren
AC:19 (16 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 18/18
CMB: +5 CMD: 18

Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +3
Perception: +1 Sense Motive: +1
Initiative: +5

Skills
Acrobatics: +3, Climb +4, Escape Artist +3, Heal +7, Stealth +4

Stunning Fist: You must declare that you are using this feat before you make your attack roll (thus, a failed attack roll ruins the attempt). Stunning Fist forces a foe damaged by your unarmed attack to make a Fortitude saving throw (DC 10 + 1/2 your character level + your Wis modifier), in addition to dealing damage normally. A defender who fails this saving throw is stunned for 1 round (until just before your next turn). A stunned character drops everything held, can’t take actions, loses any Dexterity bonus to AC, and takes a –2 penalty to AC. You may attempt a stunning attack once per day for every four levels you have attained (but see Special), and no more than once per round. Constructs, oozes, plants, undead, incorporeal creatures, and creatures immune to critical hits cannot be stunned.

Dragon Style: While using this style, you gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against sleep effects, paralysis effects, and stunning effects. You ignore difficult terrain when you charge, run, or withdraw. You can also charge through squares that contain allies. Further, you can add 1-1/2 times your Strength bonus on the damage roll for your first unarmed strike on a given round.

Dragon Ferocity: While using Dragon Style, you gain a bonus on unarmed strike damage rolls equal to half your Strength bonus. When you score a critical hit or a successful Stunning Fist attempt against an opponent while using this style, that opponent is also shaken for a number of rounds equal to 1d4 + your Strength bonus.

Current Weapons in Hand: Unarmed Strike (Considered Armed) +6, Damage: 1d6+4, Crit: 20/x2, Type: B,
Current Weapon for Attacks of Opportunity: Urami, +5. 1d8+4, Crit 18-20, Type S
Current Conditions in Effect:
Resources Used: None (Stunning Fist 1/1)
Temporary items in possession:
Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Last edited:

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince[sblock=Mini Stats]Francis John, III
HP: 2/12
AC: 18 FF:14 T:15
CMB: 0 CMD: 13
Fort: -1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7 Initiative: +3
Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +8 Motive: +5
Sleight: +9 Stealth: +11
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 18/20
Unarmed: Dagger +2 d3+1
Adaptable Luck: 1/3
Items Used: Potion CLW[/sblock]

What in the nine hells is going on? 'Let's shoot the freaking halfling!' Just frackin' great. I know! Let's return fire. I don't really know what the devil I am doing though.... Francis fires his crossbow at the egregious man on the porch. He doesn't even really bother to look who or what he hit, he is too busy rounding the corner and getting the hell out of the way.

Map after Francis

[sblock=Actions]Standard action: Fire at the enforcer. +2 Adaptable luck
Move action: Turn around the fence. How high is it? Can Francis the halfling stand under it without being seen?
Free action: Kneel down if not tall enough.[/sblock]
[sblock=Rolls]Attack enforcer +2 luck: 1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18
1D6 = [4] = 4
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
With the power and ferocity of Leira's kick, the archer's ribs crack and he crumples to the ground, leaving the spear-wielding gangster the only one left on the porch to the derelict manor home.

[sblock=Francis]I never heard you say you were loading the crossbow, and your actions before the first bow shot rather implied doing so would be an absurdity--at that point you were making pretense of being peaceful. So you would have to use a move action to load, standard action to shoot. We can still count the hit, but this will limit you to one square of movement in any direction.

Speaking of which, the wall is a low stone wall, right around Francis' height. It will block line of sight completely for him. As a little note, the seeming end of the wall to the right is a mapping artifact--the mapmaking program wouldn't let me fill it in and I forgot to do it by hand after the fact.

All these things considered, you're free to modify your move as you wish, including taking the hit if you wish to load the crossbow, or passing if you're more interested in other options.[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
Don't know if it counts, but Francis loaded the dart on page 50 post 495. If that doesn't work, you can just have me five step and load this round like you said. I happen to enjoy that roll, and don't want to change my action. 😎 We can have him crouch an inch or two to account for his poofy hair. What would the DCs be to jump up and climb over the wall?[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=Francis]Yes, that is fine, and sorry I missed it. (I did check but made the error anyway.) Your move does not need updating, then.[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
"Wait Leira, wouldn't it be better to go big?" Karra shouts after Leira before moving up to her and casting a spell

[sblock="ooc"]- move up to Leira and cast enlarge on her

From the level up, I got another spell slot per level and i forgot to select which spell to memorize. Up to you Aura if I can retcon it or the slot is just empty.

also maybe i missed it but what is the broken line in column L ?
[/sblock]

Link to Map

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Karra
AC: 14 (13 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 9/21
CMB: +2 CMD: 13
Fort: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +3
Perception: +2
Initiative: +3
Arcane Pool: 5/5

Current Weapon in Hand: Katana

Spells Prepared:
*Cantrips (DC 14): (4/4)
Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Ray of Frost
*Level 1 (DC 15): (3/3)
Color Spray, Enlarge Person
Low-Light Vision
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Manor House Battle: Front Lawn Round 2

Loading his crossbow, Brandon takes sight on one of the onrushing thugs and hits him solidly, giving the young man pause to consider his profession. However, with the ongoing verbal encouragement of his employer, he continues to advance on the enlarged Leira. "Ha, got him!" the sorcerer exclaims.

The man with he black hat then lashes out at the now larger Leira, thrusting powerfully with his spear. However, her sudden size increase seems to have taken him by surprise and he is unable to connect with his weapon. However, Leira can tell from the way he steps that he really knows how to hit. Meanwhile, the others encircle the Leira and Karra, positioning themselves for the kill.

[sblock=Combat Stuff]Brandon shoots and hits Thug 1 for 5.
Enforcer attacks Leira but does not hit. The others just double move.

Combat Actors
Francis - 10 damage (12 hp), AC 18, potion used
Leira - 0 damage (18 hp), AC 17, Enlarged
Karra - 12 damage (21 hp), AC 14
Brandon - 0 damage (19 hp), AC 16, mage armor
Falcon - 0 damage (?? hp), AC 14
Archer - 0 damage (?? hp), AC 15
Enforcer - 4 damage (?? hp), AC 16
Thug1 - 5 damage (?? hp); AC 14
Thug2 - 0 damage (?? hp); AC 14

Updated Map: http://beta.ditzie.com/71559/5524c329d8958

Answers:
1) The dotted line (L column) turns out to be a map bug. Came with the base image. Anyway, it's nothing.
2) Climbing the wall is DC 10, basically counts as 2 squares movement. Requires both hands.

Everyone is up.[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince[sblock=Mini Stats]Francis John, III
HP: 2/12
AC: 18 FF:14 T:15
CMB: 0 CMD: 13
Fort: -1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7 Initiative: +3
Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +8 Motive: +5
Sleight: +9 Stealth: +11
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 18/20
Unarmed: Dagger +2 d3+1
Adaptable Luck: 1/3
Items Used: Potion CLW[/sblock]

Oh, Francis! Would you look at that? Wouldn't you know.... another arrow is sticking out of me.
The halfling grimaces and squeals as he delicately pulls the shank out of this thigh. Bastards. He reloads his crossbow and waits to see if anyone actually noticed the timid fellow sneak behind the wall.

[sblock=Actions]Free: Remove arrow
Move: Load crossbow
Standard: Readied attack if someone approaches. +2 adaptable luck.[/sblock]
[sblock=Possible Roll]Readied +2 adaptable luck: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25
1D6 = [1] = 1
[/sblock]

Remove ads