[LPF] The Road to Tritower

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts

Leira lashes out with a kick but her new size makes her strike a bit awkward. Annoyed, she spins her whip blade around in case people get close to her. "Damn it, you can't dodge forever little man!"

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Standard: Unarmed strike against enforcer
Unarmed Strike: 1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8

[/sblock]

[sblock=Leira Olren Mini Stats]

Leira Olren
AC:17 (16 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 18/18
CMB: +5 CMD: 18

Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +3
Perception: +1 Sense Motive: +1
Initiative: +5

Skills
Acrobatics: +3, Climb +4, Escape Artist +3, Heal +7, Stealth +4

Stunning Fist: You must declare that you are using this feat before you make your attack roll (thus, a failed attack roll ruins the attempt). Stunning Fist forces a foe damaged by your unarmed attack to make a Fortitude saving throw (DC 10 + 1/2 your character level + your Wis modifier), in addition to dealing damage normally. A defender who fails this saving throw is stunned for 1 round (until just before your next turn). A stunned character drops everything held, can’t take actions, loses any Dexterity bonus to AC, and takes a –2 penalty to AC. You may attempt a stunning attack once per day for every four levels you have attained (but see Special), and no more than once per round. Constructs, oozes, plants, undead, incorporeal creatures, and creatures immune to critical hits cannot be stunned.

Dragon Style: While using this style, you gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against sleep effects, paralysis effects, and stunning effects. You ignore difficult terrain when you charge, run, or withdraw. You can also charge through squares that contain allies. Further, you can add 1-1/2 times your Strength bonus on the damage roll for your first unarmed strike on a given round.

Dragon Ferocity: While using Dragon Style, you gain a bonus on unarmed strike damage rolls equal to half your Strength bonus. When you score a critical hit or a successful Stunning Fist attempt against an opponent while using this style, that opponent is also shaken for a number of rounds equal to 1d4 + your Strength bonus.

Current Weapons in Hand: Unarmed Strike (Considered Armed) +6, Damage: 1d8+5, Crit: 20/x2, Type: B,
Current Weapon for Attacks of Opportunity: Urami, +5. 2d6+5, Crit 18-20, Type S
Current Conditions in Effect: Enlarge Person, +2 Str, -2 Dex, 10' reach, -1 to hit
Resources Used: None (Stunning Fist 1/1)
Temporary items in possession:
Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lindeloef

First Post
Karra mutters some word when suddenly colors appear from her hands, engulfing two of her enemies in the bright colorful light.

Map

[sblock="actions"]I want to cast color spray (dc 15) and it should hit Falcon and Thug1.
I looked up cone 15f templates and think I can target the squares I6, J5+6+7 and K5+6+7, so if I am wrong about that, please let me know and I can correct my actions[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Karra
AC: 14 (13 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 9/21
CMB: +2 CMD: 13
Fort: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +3
Perception: +2
Initiative: +3
Arcane Pool: 5/5

Current Weapon in Hand: Katana

Spells Prepared:
*Cantrips (DC 14): (4/4)
Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Ray of Frost
*Level 1 (DC 15): (3/3)
Color Spray, Enlarge Person
Low-Light Vision
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Round 3 Manor Battle

Sprayed with dazzling light, Falcon and his blonde-haired pretty-boy minion drops to the ground, trying (and failing) to cover their eyes. They seem to be not moving at all. Those close might have heard Falcon cursing under his breath as he went down, but he was too busy losing consciousness to say much.

Meanwhile, Brandon reloads his trusty second-hand crossbow and fires it at the darker-haired of the two who came onto the field with Falcon. The bolt just grazes the young man, making him yelp in a bit of pain but does little to slow him down. He immediately demonstrates his combat viability by stepping up to Karra and swinging his sword at her, cutting her across the upper arm. He smiles as he corners her against the back of her giant friend.

Speaking of which, Leira is having trouble avoiding her spear-wielding opponent. He steps forward and thrusts his spear with authority, soundly tagging her in the meaty part of her shoulder. With a certain amount of flourish, he pulls the spear from her, twirls it like an oversize baton and taps the haft on the deck of the manor house's porch, marking his approval of the first blood between the two fighters.

[sblock=combat stuff]Karra's color spray knocks Falcon and Thug1 out. I used death tags on them as far as the map goes, but it really means unconscious. Brandon shoots Thug2 for 1 point of damage.

Karra: The area you're using seems fine to me, you could have also gotten Falcon and Thug2 by moving one square. Six of one, half dozen the other. As for the spell you got at level 2, you have had at least one full night's rest since getting it, so you can have it. Just keep it interesting and pick something different than what you've already cast. :)

Thug2 moves in to attack Karra, hitting for 4 points of damage. The enforcer attacks Leira with his spear, hitting for 9 damage.

Francis: The gang never takes any actions that provokes Francis' reserve action. The sudden loss of two people to the color spray has whittled their numbers to the point they don't have extras for chasing you and Brandon down.

Combat Actors
Francis - 10 damage (12 hp), AC 18, potion used
Leira - 9 damage (18 hp), AC 17, Enlarged
Karra - 16 damage (21 hp), AC 14
Brandon - 0 damage (19 hp), AC 16, mage armor
Falcon - 0 damage (?? hp), AC 14, unconscious
Archer - dead or dying
Enforcer - 4 damage (?? hp), AC 16
Thug1 - 5 damage (?? hp); AC 14, unconscious
Thug2 - 1 damage (?? hp); AC 14

map: http://beta.ditzie.com/71559/55288a7614595

Everyone is up![/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince[sblock=Mini Stats]Francis John, III
HP: 2/12
AC: 18 FF:14 T:15
CMB: 0 CMD: 13
Fort: -1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7 Initiative: +3
Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +8 Motive: +5
Sleight: +9 Stealth: +11
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 17/20
Unarmed: Dagger +2 d3+1
Adaptable Luck: 1/3
Items Used: Potion CLW[/sblock]

Francis finally gathers himself back up again. I suppose its high time to check on me companions. He hustles back to the gate entrance, and sees that his friends are doing quite well! That doesn't stop him from firing into the fracas. The halfling gasps as the bolt splits the air between Karra's and Leira's ears. He certainly hopes they didn't notice his astonishing display of marksmanship.

Map after Francis

[sblock=Actions]Move: West 4 squares
Standard: Ranged Attack Thug2 into Melee -4 with Adaptable Luck +2 (Still have one left, didn't use last turn)[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
"That hurt, you annoying twat." Karra says angrily to the thug that attacked her. "Hmm... have a load of this". With a swift motion she imbues her katana with magic power before delivering a shocking attack to the thug.

Map

[sblock="actions"]
swift action -> using the Arcane Pool to put an +1 Enhancement on the katana

Using Spell Strike on the Grasping Shock, so instead of the melee touch attack, Karra can make a melee attack with her weapon. I am unsure though if I get the +3 Bonus to attack, because the Thug has a metal weapon (sword), or not. I think so (googled a bit) but it is your call. Subtract 3 from my roll if I don't get it.

Spellstrike against thug: 1D20+7 = [11]+7 = 18
1D8+3+2D6 = [1]+3+[5, 6] = 15

[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Karra
AC: 14 (13 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 5/21
CMB: +2 CMD: 13
Fort: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +3
Perception: +2
Initiative: +3
Arcane Pool: 4/5

Current Weapon in Hand: Katana

Spells Prepared:
*Cantrips (DC 14): (4/4)
Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Ray of Frost
*Level 1 (DC 15): (3/3)
Color Spray, Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp
Low-Light Vision
[/sblock]

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts

Wounded from the spear strike, Leira's next kick misses him by a country mile.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Standard: Unarmed strike against enforcer
Unarmed Strike: 1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8

Don't forget the whip blade is being used for AoOs :)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Leira Olren Mini Stats]

Leira Olren
AC:17 (16 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 9/18
CMB: +5 CMD: 18

Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +3
Perception: +1 Sense Motive: +1
Initiative: +5

Skills
Acrobatics: +3, Climb +4, Escape Artist +3, Heal +7, Stealth +4

Stunning Fist: You must declare that you are using this feat before you make your attack roll (thus, a failed attack roll ruins the attempt). Stunning Fist forces a foe damaged by your unarmed attack to make a Fortitude saving throw (DC 10 + 1/2 your character level + your Wis modifier), in addition to dealing damage normally. A defender who fails this saving throw is stunned for 1 round (until just before your next turn). A stunned character drops everything held, can’t take actions, loses any Dexterity bonus to AC, and takes a –2 penalty to AC. You may attempt a stunning attack once per day for every four levels you have attained (but see Special), and no more than once per round. Constructs, oozes, plants, undead, incorporeal creatures, and creatures immune to critical hits cannot be stunned.

Dragon Style: While using this style, you gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against sleep effects, paralysis effects, and stunning effects. You ignore difficult terrain when you charge, run, or withdraw. You can also charge through squares that contain allies. Further, you can add 1-1/2 times your Strength bonus on the damage roll for your first unarmed strike on a given round.

Dragon Ferocity: While using Dragon Style, you gain a bonus on unarmed strike damage rolls equal to half your Strength bonus. When you score a critical hit or a successful Stunning Fist attempt against an opponent while using this style, that opponent is also shaken for a number of rounds equal to 1d4 + your Strength bonus.

Current Weapons in Hand: Unarmed Strike (Considered Armed) +6, Damage: 1d8+5, Crit: 20/x2, Type: B,
Current Weapon for Attacks of Opportunity: Urami, +5. 2d6+5, Crit 18-20, Type S
Current Conditions in Effect: Enlarge Person, +2 Str, -2 Dex, 10' reach, -1 to hit
Resources Used: None (Stunning Fist 1/1)
Temporary items in possession:
Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Round 4 Manor Battle

Kara's attacker sizzles and dies from a combination of her deft cut and the powerful electrical surge coursing through her blade, leaving only one of Falcon's gang still standing.

Seeing Karra clear out the thug, Brandon rushes forward and casts a magical spell. From above the last standing gang member, slippery grease falls where he is standing and behind him. However, he proves to be much too quick, and shuffles out of the way. With viper-like reflexes, she again strikes Leira as soon as he is clear of the slippery mess, taking advantage of her large size. The spear neatly perforates her belly, taking the wind out of the woman leaving her gasping for breath.

"Ha!" The last gang member exclaims, cruelly twisting the spear in the wound before pulling it back. "I'll have to thank your cute friend here for making you easier to kill!"

[sblock=Combat Stuff]Brandon moves and casts grease, coating the area the Enforcer is standing in. The enforcer makes his save. On his turn, he steps one square out and attacks Leira, barely hitting her, doing 7 damage and leaving her in bad shape. As a free action he gloats.

Combat Actors
Francis - 10 damage (12 hp), AC 18, potion used
Leira - 16 damage (18 hp), AC 17, Enlarged
Karra - 16 damage (21 hp), AC 14
Brandon - 0 damage (19 hp), AC 16, mage armor
Falcon - 0 damage (?? hp), AC 14, unconscious
Archer - dead or dying
Enforcer - 4 damage (?? hp), AC 16
Thug1 - 5 damage (?? hp); AC 14, unconscious
Thug2 - dead or dying

map: http://beta.ditzie.com/71559/552ae5251c55f

Everyone is up![/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince[sblock=Mini Stats]Francis John, III
HP: 2/12
AC: 18 FF:14 T:15
CMB: 0 CMD: 13
Fort: -1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7 Initiative: +3
Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +8 Motive: +5
Sleight: +9 Stealth: +11
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 17/20
Unarmed: Dagger +2 d3+1
Adaptable Luck: 1/3
Items Used: Potion CLW[/sblock]

Francis tucks away the crossbow and scurries up behind the bodies of the fallen, drawing his dagger in the process. This will show them a right proper lesson, now won't it....

Map after Francis

[sblock=Actions]Move action: 'sheath' crossbow
Move action: advance forward while drawing dagger
[/sblock]

Remove ads