• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] The Road to Tritower

Anastrace

First Post
Stowing her shuriken, and drawing her whip blade Leira motions to the rest of the group. "Well, we've lost the element of surprise. We've got to get in that building he disappeared into. Front door is out, how about a window? I'm up for breaking some glass."

[sblock=Leira Olren Mini Stats]

Leira Olren
AC:19 (16 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 18/18
CMB: +5 CMD: 18

Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +3
Perception: +1 Sense Motive: +1
Initiative: +5

Skills
Acrobatics: +3, Climb +4, Escape Artist +3, Heal +7, Stealth +4

Stunning Fist: You must declare that you are using this feat before you make your attack roll (thus, a failed attack roll ruins the attempt). Stunning Fist forces a foe damaged by your unarmed attack to make a Fortitude saving throw (DC 10 + 1/2 your character level + your Wis modifier), in addition to dealing damage normally. A defender who fails this saving throw is stunned for 1 round (until just before your next turn). A stunned character drops everything held, can’t take actions, loses any Dexterity bonus to AC, and takes a –2 penalty to AC. You may attempt a stunning attack once per day for every four levels you have attained (but see Special), and no more than once per round. Constructs, oozes, plants, undead, incorporeal creatures, and creatures immune to critical hits cannot be stunned.

Dragon Style: While using this style, you gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against sleep effects, paralysis effects, and stunning effects. You ignore difficult terrain when you charge, run, or withdraw. You can also charge through squares that contain allies. Further, you can add 1-1/2 times your Strength bonus on the damage roll for your first unarmed strike on a given round.

Dragon Ferocity: While using Dragon Style, you gain a bonus on unarmed strike damage rolls equal to half your Strength bonus. When you score a critical hit or a successful Stunning Fist attempt against an opponent while using this style, that opponent is also shaken for a number of rounds equal to 1d4 + your Strength bonus.

Current Weapons in Hand: Unarmed Strike (Considered Armed) +6, Damage: 1d6+4, Crit: 20/x2, Type: B,
Current Weapon for Attacks of Opportunity: Urami, +5. 1d8+4, Crit 18-20, Type S
Current Conditions in Effect:
Temporary items in possession:
Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=He's Watching You]The guy that saw you all has not dropped out of sight. For clarification, he popped up from out of sight and is now knocking (loudly) on the front door as he keeps an eye on you.[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince[sblock=Mini Stats]Francis John, III
HP: 12/12
AC: 18 FF:14 T:15
CMB: 0 CMD: 13
Fort: -1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7 Initiative: +3
Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +8 Motive: +5
Sleight: +9 Stealth: +11
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 19/20
Unarmed: Dagger +2 d3+1
Adaptable Luck: 3/3[/sblock]

"The jig is up! We've been discovered!" shouts Francis, arms flailing as he gallops in circles around the group. Brandon the mage ducks out the way as the crossbow waywardly points in his direction. The halfling stops. "Well I've certainly made a fool out of meself now, didn't I?" He winks at Leira.

"The way I see's it, we have to have a new plan. We could charge ahead, swords a-blazing! Or better yet, we can slowly approach in peace, and I could come up with some real troll of a lie to tell them, and we sneak attack them! Or even better, let's come back later at night! Or better yet, we can just stop and ask for directions to the beach." His brow furrows as he awaits responses from the group.

Lindeloef

First Post
"Hmm... I am all for a lie. Tell them something ridiculous like we wanted to have an interracial orgy in the bushes and didn't know that the building wasn't abandoned. That will confuse him, maybe make him uncomfortable enough, so that we can get a drop on them." Karra suggests.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince[sblock=Mini Stats]Francis John, III
Adaptable Luck: 3/3[/sblock]

The halfling's eyes light up at the audacity , the brazenness, the mischief of such an idea. "Peeerfect! Karra, I knew there was a bit of the old devil in you! Let's make it dinner AND drinks, eh? I sure hope the Fair Lady of the Coin shines favorably on us." Francis snootily begins to rub his hands together. "I got this, no worries. If there are no better suggestions, shall be we on our way?" Mr. John III begins to lead the way, crossbow in hand, but pointed up in a gesture signifying peace.

[sblock=OOC]I'm ready to move if the others are too. If there is some kind of roll like Reflex or something that jeopardizes the poor little man's life, please add my +2 luck to that. Thanks![/sblock]

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts

"I'm certainly glad Lady Anna isn't around to here that story. Let's see what happens. I mean what's the worst that could happen? They fight us, or they offer to join us?" She shudders. "I'm not sure which makes me cringe more."

Aura

Explorer
Round 1: When Arrows Fall from the Sky

No sooner does Francis take a definitive motion off the main road and onto the mansion's drive does the man standing on the porch pull and arrow from his waist quiver, load, and loose the barbed shaft into the sky. Seeing this, Brandon yells, "Arrow!"

As the arrow begins to fall towards the group, it becomes rather hard to spot. Francis has just barely enough time to worry over losing track of it when it sinks deep into his chest, shaft and white feathers protruding obscenely from him. The pain nearly brings him to his knees.

"Oh!" Brandon exclaims, wincing at Francis' pain, "I guess that would explain the note about going unarmed. Touchy guard!"

[sblock=Combat]OK, some assumptions for the off-map part of the combat:
(1) You are 300' from the archer and 250' from a parting in the low wall that runs around the estate. Your distance listed will be the distance to the wall (putting you on the map.)
(2) There is a slight grade upward, but it is not sufficiently extreme so as to reduce movement.
(3) There is a 'driveway', starting from the road where you are standing, and heading to the wall. Once inside the wall, it turns right and heads around the manor to the back. For game purposes it is straight and obstruction free, so you can run (x4 movement, 120' per round for most people.)
(4) Off the road, there is misc. clutter and obstruction on movement. You cannot run (so x2 movement is the best you can do) and you lose one square a turn to navigating clutter. (Thus, a 30' move covers 55' per turn this way.) However, it will impart a +2 AC while you are doing so.
(5) You can mix and match movement types on your approach, just be clear in OOC what you are doing and how far you expect to move.)
(6) There was no special circumstance or bonus to the archer's attack. He simply got lucky.
(7) The archer is standing on the porch and there is a low wall around it, providing him +2 AC cover bonus to ranged attacks (unless you get up on the porch with him, of course.)
(8) Remember: You each got a potion of healing.

Combat Actors
Francis - 9 damage (12 hp), AC 18, 250' distant, conditionals: none
Leira - 0 damage (18 hp), AC 19, 250' distant, conditionals: none
Karra - 0 damage (21 hp), AC 14, 250' distant, conditionals: none
Brandon - 0 damage (19 hp), AC 12, 250' distant, conditionals: none
Archer - 0 damage (?? hp), AC 15+2, conditionals: none

Map is coming, although you won't need it for a couple/few rounds.

Everyone is up.[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Adaptable Luck: 2/3
Items Used: Potion CLW[/sblock]

"SON OF A TROLL WHORE! ABANDON ALL HOPE!" Francis gasps as he drops to the floor, writhing in agony. He strains to dig out his new potion. Didn't think we'd need this so fast, did we. You imbecile! Next time read the note you dumbass halfling. He slams it down quicker than a dwarf given free beer. Francis is instantly relieved, and focuses on removing the offending arrow.

[sblock=Actions]Free Action: Drop to Prone (+4 AC, Total 22)
Move Action: Retrieve potion
Standard Action: Chug
Free Action: Remove Arrow (just for roleplaying purposes?)[/sblock]

[sblock=Roll]CLW is 1d8+3 correct? If not I will adjust accordingly.: 1D8+3 = [6]+3 = 9
[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]How many squares does it take to get from where we are to the side of the driveway where there is more AC?[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=Potion]All potions are calculated at minimum level to have the spell, so in this case, the healing is 1d8+1. That will amount, assuming the same roll, to 7 pts for FrancisJohn. And yes, removing the arrow is purely a roleplaying artifact (no action to do unless wrapped into a description of rendering first aid as per Healing skill, but it causes no penalty, either.)

Getting the +2 ac is just a matter of how you choose to take your movement. If you use the slower, off-road movement, you have it. If you use the faster on-road movement, you don't. It's a bit artificial, and figured into the -1 square rule stated above.[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
"Hmm... Not very nice to shoot at us, we were having an orgy over here" Kara yells over to the archer while using the cover off the road to get closer to the building.

[sblock="edit: ooc"]Forgot, Karra takes the slower route.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Karra
AC: 14 (13 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 21/21
CMB: +2 CMD: 13
Fort: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +3
Perception: +2
Initiative: +3
Arcane Pool: 5/5

Current Weapon in Hand: Katana

Spells Prepared: