• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] The Road to Tritower

Lindeloef

First Post
"Hmm... i am good to go, with this handy healing potion, I think i am covered. " Karra replies "Ready to get rid of Falcon when you are."

Last edited:

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts

"Aye, I'm good to bring the Falcon to justice. We've got potions. So I'm good to go" Her bold voice showing a hint of trepidation.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]dont have the time to do a full post, but i want Francis to pick up a buckler. Other than that he's ready to go. Don't want to hold up the game any further. I'll fix my char sheet and mini block as soon as I can. [/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=Non-proficient armors]As Rogues are not proficient with shields, Francis will take the ACP against attack rolls and a lot of different skill checks. Let us know what you're doing ASAP Francis so we can keep moving. :)[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
After a moment's thought on some matter by Francis, he joins the group at the edge of Tritower, looking back at the road that brought them from Venza. As the four of you look outwards, Brandon the Swift pulls a scribbled note out from his belt pouch and reads part of it aloud. "Second spur seaward from Tritower, top of hill to right after half-ish hour," he intones. "Well, seaward would obviously be to the right, since we can see the water's edge right now. Later on it might not be so obvious. What's a spur? Any road? Major roads? He wasn't very descriptive."

With that, the young sorcerer looks at the group expectantly, sliding the note back into his belt pouch for safe keeping.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince[sblock=Mini Stats]Francis John, III
HP: 7/7
AC: 18 FF:14 T:15
CMB: 0 CMD: 13
Fort: -1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7 Initiative: +3
Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +8 Motive: +5
Sleight: +9 Stealth: +11
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 19/20
Unarmed: Dagger +2 d3+1
Adaptable Luck: 3/3
[/sblock]
"Sorry for the delay chaps! I went to go try out a shield for our upcoming encounter, but they are just too damn bulky." Francis shakes his head in an effort to refocus. "Let me go back and ask for directions.... if you will, I'll be back in a jiff. Isn't there a specific time they were supposed to meet?" The halfling scurries back into town to find a local who might know the roads or layout or any info that might help.

[sblock=Local Knowledge = 16]Local Knowledge the Roads of Tritower: 1D20+7 = [9]+7 = 16
[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]GM, next time just let me fail when I try to do something silly like equip a buckler. Francis doesn't mind learning the hard way! :)[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]I'm hoping I got my adaptable luck rolls back?[/sblock]
[sblock=Monty's]Monty's Steakhouse of Rare and Exotic Meats, Karra's date with Francis[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]If he finds the info, we'll just take that road. If not, we will head back south a half hour and turn right near whatever we think is the nearest 2nd spur, and look for a hill.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Brandon is every bit as puzzled as anyone else over the note. "Well, it doesn't say anything about a time. Maybe he thought he would remember that and didn't note it down. Or maybe there is no specific time. I don't know." He pulls out the note and looks again, as if to check for any additional information in the terse writings. However, he doesn't say anything.

Francis takes a quick moment to ask a nearby traveler, a rapier-armed man in his 40's of likely Venzan extraction. The man listens to the halfling a moment, running his fingers through his hair and absentmindedly scratching. He doesn't think 'spur' is a standardized term of any kind, making the entire issue more muddled. He does suggest that it sounds like a purposeful attempt to discern substantial roads from minor ones, but it is too hard to tell. He does, however, offer that there are hills to the seaward side of the road for miles, which may make things a bit difficult. With that, the Venzan man seems to be wanting to along with his travel, and bids Francis adieu.

One thing is for certain--the first road, path, whatever, is NOT it.

[sblock=The Plan]Barring any further input, we'll go with Francis' intended search plan.[/sblock]
[sblock=The Buckler]No worries, although I was telling the *player* the mechanical effect. You are free to have Francis still act a bit inadvisably if you wish, of course. :)[/sblock]

Remove ads