[LPF] The Road to Tritower

Aura

Explorer
Karra's blade cuts deep into the side of the Venzan rake, dropping him to the ground as Brandon's electrical attack follows shortly thereafter, shocking him and ensuring he will not be getting up any time, soon. His rapier (a rather nice one, at that) falls at his feet.

Meanwhile, Priestess Anna calls upon the goddess of Venza to heal the giant Leira, and her serious wounds stitch before the group's eyes.

Finally, the dark elf captive merely sinks to her knees and reaches out to touch the body of her fallen comrade, shaking him and looking for a glimmer of hope. She withdraws her hand soon after, having gotten no sign of life. Meanwhile, the wild sounds of the forest start to slowly return, competing with the crackling of the campfire and Anzaldo's torch for your attention.

[sblock=Combat Over]Alright, that is it for formal combat activities. I'm going to be calculating experience shortly under the suspicion that we may have some level promotions.[/sblock]
[sblock=Level Ups]Update: Everyone has leveled up. Check page one to see what your exact level-up date was (it's in GREEN), and your current total (it's at the bottom of your track).[/sblock]

Last edited:

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince[sblock=Mini Stats]Francis John, III
HP: 7/7
AC: 18 FF:14 T:15
CMB: 0 CMD: 13
Fort: -1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7 Initiative: +3
Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +8 Motive: +5
Sleight: +9 Stealth: +11
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 19/20
Unarmed: Dagger +2 d3+1
Adaptable Luck: 0/3
[/sblock]

As a fly is wont to hover around feces, Francis searches through the dead drow to find some of that nasty business that put him to sleep.

Aura

Explorer
The growing sound of forest night-life encroaches further on the group as the camp is searched over. Francis can find none of the potent sleep poison on the bodies of the dead Drow--although he suspects that each of them originally carried as many as two doses of the potent mixture. However, they each have a handful of coin, including gold crowns and a few remarkably rare platinum coins. Further, each of the hand crossbows each of them carried are exotic and valuable, going for about 100 gold each at the Mystic Pearl.

A quick check of the Venzan swordsman by Leira reveals little in the way of wealth--his most valuable coin is silver. However, his rapier obviously hails from one of the finer swordsmiths of Venza, and would undoubtedly sell for hundreds of gold. He also has a chain shirt, a notably worthwhile light armor.

Finally, the Drow and the swordsman have a myriad of other minor possessions: leather armors, light steel shields, regular quality rapiers, daggers (although the one that got thrown would be difficult to find in the dark), etc. Plus there is a variety of rather mundane items strewn across the campsite, from bedrolls to cooking pan.

Finally, next to where the swordsman went down, the shipment of valuable alchemical remedies lies, completely undisturbed. Karra can quickly determine that the vials of exotic liquids are all intact and ready for transport. The group is in possession of the shipment once again and Anzaldo excitedly babbles the good news to Priestess Anna.

[sblock=Loot]each dark elf's remaining gear-out (so all this x3): Leather Armor (although one is being worn by the captive), Light Steel Shield, Rapier, hand crossbow, 10 bolts, Dagger
the cook/swordsman's gear-out: Masterwork Rapier, Chain Shirt, 2 Daggers (one has been thrown and would be difficult to find, particularly given current conditions)

The coins are kinda a wash--it comes out in the end so it's not important exactly how much each bad guy had.[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince[sblock=Mini Stats]Francis John, III
[/sblock]

Francis frowns at his utter failure to find ant of the potent potables he was looking for. "Is that crooked fellow completely done for? Maybe we should tie up his rear too, and get some answers if he awakes." He walks over to the body to inspect for any signs of life. If there is, he tries to fix the cook's wounds in any manner acceptable.

After his business with the fallen opponent. Francis John III crouches down in a squatting position, basically resting on his laurels. Apparently deep in thought, he looks at Karra, the half-elf. He quickly looks back at the drow prisoner, and then back at Karra again. "Karra why didn't you tell me!" Squinting his eyes as he does so Francis' head begins to swivel back and forth between the two. A growing smiles escapes his face to all who may be looking.

"Aha! Eureka! Why yes that's how it works! Why would I ever thing you can subjugate the conjective clause in the punitive form! Those indirect verbs surely are tricky, but it all makes much more sense now if you forget about cognitive tenses of the twice titular adverbs!" Francis slaps his forehead in disbelief.

He walks over to Karra, stands up to his full height, and looks square in her beauteous hazel eyes. He speaks, albeit in the alluring language of elves. "Top of the evening to you, my fair lady!" To a elf purebred, the syllables would be a bit on the crude side, but the halfling is clearly understandable. Continuing in elven, "You know, once we get back to Venza, why don't you and me get something nice to eat. I'll take you Monty's.... why dinner's on me of course! All seven courses, and they simply have some of the most delightful misty-dotted marshmallow muffins." The halfling gives a slight bow, and the most bashful of smiles.

[sblock=Heal Check]Heal Check: The Cook (if needed): 1D20+1 = [12]+1 = 13
[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
Karra, slightly confused about the ramblings of the mad Halfling, hesitates for a second before replying in elvish "Hmm... while I do find you partially repulsive the promise of marshmallow muffins is too good to decline."

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[/sblock]

The halfling winks at Karra, "So you're saying there's a chance? It's settled, it's a date!"

[sblock=OOC]I picked up a rank in elven on level up, to explain that. Can I use green for speaking in elven, should I just mention it, or use spoiler blocks?[/sblock]

epicbob

Explorer
Brandon the Swift

"Personally, I vote that we bring these supplies back with the rest of the convoy and get some *sleep*. I am definitely primed for some much needed rest if I am going to keep using my talents."

With the rush of adrenaline from the battle dying down, Brandon is looking less than peppy. Far less.

Aura

Explorer
Francis approaches the fallen sword fighter and checks him carefully, only to find that the combination of blade and spell was too much--the man no longer breathes. This gives him plenty of time for banter and little cause for concern over whether he could have possibly saved him from the jaws of death.

[section]
Anna Kallira
It is not until Brandon speaks up that the Priestess Anna responds. "Yes, I agree. We seem to have the medicines back in our possession. Pick up what you want and let's get back to bed, I don't know about the rest of you, but I have had quite enough adventure for one night!" She then lapses into silence, apparently content to wait until everyone is done with the campsite.[/section]

The prisoner, for her part, seems rather oblivious to the combination of banter and complaints from the group. She stands silently next to her two fallen companions, on the edge of contemplation and emotional outburst. So far the former is prevailing, with but a single tear betraying any chance of the latter.

[sblock=Actions?]So far, all that has been assumed is: The bad guys have been searched for gear, money, and more doses of poison. You'll want to say what you're taking and leaving in terms of what you find, but the unspecified amount of cash doesn't have to be detailed.

As for language, keep both what is said and some sort of reminder for which language it is said in as part of the IC text. The way Lindeloef did it was perfectly acceptable.[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
A load yawn comes form Karra. "Hmm... yes rest will be needed. Now that the thrill of a fight washes out, i feel rather tired."

She walks up to the drow "Hmm... you hold your end of the bargain, we will uphold our end. You are free to go but let me warn you. If you think it is a good idea to come back and take some sort of revenge on us we will execute the halflings plan instead of being nice like this time." she says in elvish.

Remove ads